HeatherB

Hurricane Charley

Well its 8:17 in Tampa on August 13th...I am at work at the Airport.

Looks great out right now, lets go to the beach...I really did think about parking my car at the beach...I want a new one.;)

Well its now noon, and its starting to rain like hell....

OK update its 4 pm and its windy as hell, the storm really is blowing (geeze maybe staying at work was not a good idea.)

It's 6 PM and its BAD out...110 MPH winds are beating the hell out of the building..I hope my hurricane office window holds out.

I'll keep updating you guys until......[static]

At least that how I think it will go.;)
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Looks great out right now, lets go to the beach...I really did think about parking my car at the beach...I want a new one.

LOL, the same thoughts crossed my mind. I was thinking of parking my van that keeps breaking down on me next to a really weak looking tree. :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

My folks live in Bonita Springs (basically between Naples & Ft. Myers). Called my Mom yesterday and she said their condo is built to hurrican specs so she's staying.

What a trooper! ;):S

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

What part of we have evacuated those buildings is hard to understand?

I had both the Tampa Police and FL. DOT here today looking for equipment they sent...

OK so the two questions are:

1. Why did they wait till the last min to get communication equipment?

2. If you told us to evacuate a building, why come there looking for a package?

Good Grief.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Any more rumors I need to put to bed for certain people?

***hey buddy, siesta key got shut down at midnite. as did longboat and all other barrier islands in sarasota county. I work for the county bro....maybe it didn't happen up by you, but it was not a rumor here. water got turned off at 6am.

marc

EDITED AT 12:30pm: just announced that the bridges in Pinellas County (st pete and clearwater) leading to the islands were shut down at 11am.

All power and water is now being shut off for those barrier islands.

Tuna, if you live on one of those islands, I hope you and dagny got out of there!

Party at Tonto's house!

He's a full time skydiver in a warm country. He prabably lives in a hut! :P;) The bastard!:D

Well - I'm part time really. Weekends only, but I've done over 300 for the year so far..

I was doing Tandems in the Caribean when Huricain George moved through though.. So It's not always plain sailing!

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I was doing Tandems in the Caribean when Huricain George moved through though.. So It's not always plain sailing!

yea i live a block from the beach in mississippi and george basicly sat over us for 2 hrs before moving again.[:/]
if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
my site

The Florida Surfing League? :D

About 12:30 here in good ol' Dade City. I think I saw a rain drop. Maybe.

But that's about it...I'm sure it'll change pretty soon though.

Apparently our local stores are out of water, batteries etc again. I went at 7am this morning and got plenty of stuff. They had just re-stocked. I know my power will go out...it goes out even in baby storms.

Charley...what a wussy name for a hurricane!

The Florida Surfing League? :D

that's about it! I can't imagine the lake that will be out in the landing area even if conditions are OK on sunday. no thanks!

Apparently our local stores are out of water, batteries etc again.

My last night at the grocery store was last night. We're not getting the brunt of the storm and people were running around like the apocolyse was here. I found it highly amusing and laughed at a lot of people.

Charley...what a wussy name for a hurricane!

yeah, when the list gets to "G" we get Gaston. Now THAT is a name for a hurricane!

__

charley just got boosted to a category 4!
winds at 10K are 165mph!!

the eye is now heading to port charlotte harbor to the south....not good news for them, but the storm surge there will damage much less than if the eye passed over the heavily populated tampa bay....

more later!
stay dry everyone!

Aw shit, it's shifted. My area is smack-dab on the line now. B|

Edir: They just said Charley is stronger now than when Andrew made landfall.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon