lynxie

are you injured?

my ego is bruised, and some articulations hurt a little, but I can still jump.
Maybe have a total of 10 non standing jumps, and 3 of them were this monday. Landing in turbulent conditions and not taking all necessary measures to land properly...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Is there somebody else who is injured and out of jumping for the moment?

I'm not injured just curious. How did you get hurt? (Perhaps i missed it on another forum :S,)

Fast recovery to everyone hurt!

Take risks not to escape life but to prevent life from escaping

Still out due to hard opening. Ruptured left hamstring and three lateral abductors. Also wiplash in thoracic spine.

Ill be back probably next spring. I still, evenwith physical therapy, have a softball sized lump on left upper/innside thigh and back very stiff and sore. I am getting better. mobility PT on back and lots of leg work. The muscles are getting strong again and lump going down. I want to be 110% before coming back.

Are these injuries common for hard openings? I am a newb and courious.

thanks, good vibes to your ego too, I hope it heal :P
base jump, line over, hard landing in the talus

oops... a friend got a broken back too last weekend BASE jumpin too. She is the one in the unlucky but lucky thread on the BASE forum...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Yup. :(

'cuz I'm a "short bacon-head", as my 8 y.o. daughter would say...[:/]

This injury is now appearing worse than the other two times I did it, and it looks like I might be out until 2005. :( Right when I get laid off an' have plenty o' time to jump, and money on my account at the DZ! >:(
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I'm coming off of an injury. I started jumping four weekends ago after a one month layoff and believe it or not I went BASE jump before I went skydiving because my BASE canopy is more than twice the size of my skydiving canopy and I know I can get softer landings with it (plus I was jumping the legal span in ID during the day with it's somewhat more forgiving LZ rather than a LZ full of nasty stuff).

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I broke my tibia and fibula right at my ankle and messed up a whole bunch of nerves in my foot. That happened on August 1st and I'm still in a hard cast until at least Sept 23rd. I got a plate and several screws holding my leg together. I don't when I'll be back to skydiving. I made a promise to myself to pay off my medical bills before I start jumping again. Insurance paid most of it, but there's still a little left over I gotta deal with. I'm projecting that it's probably going to be after spring semester ends next year, which is in May.

Oh and I forgot to say how I broke it. Seriously, I had my best landing ever. I'm guessing I just stepped out wrong. I stood up and everything. Didn't know what I did until I looked down and saw my right foot was turned in a way it shouldn't have been. So I guess that's what I get for finally doing a landing correctly huh?
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

Separated shoulder:surgery=loss some of tendons and removal of the ends of my A/C joint(bones).
jumping again after 9 months.;)

I broke:( my acetabulum (socket part of hip, not the ball) and was fixed with 2 plates and 7 screws.:(

I'll be back in the tunnel at the end of October, Halloween actually :)
Jumping by the new year I hope :)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

broke my back, leg and armB|. back to skydiving in 6 months! :)

I just spent seven months and 8 days on the ground due to a shattered tib/fib. The boredom was far worse than the pain - it's a real bitch trying to find stuff to do when you're stuck on the couch:( Although, it was kind of fun racing the old folks in the motorized shopping carts at the grocery store:)
Hope ya heal quick.

Peace,
Z

Action©Sports

yup.. recovering from femuring myself on the 4th of July will be back to work and jumping early November...

boredom is starting to kill me, but i've got enough to read to make it through this week....