Sangi

Vector3 Louie Loop option

So I got told that the Vector3 option called "Louie Loop" (which looks like a bulkier / more rigid version of a dive loop) allows you to gain more speed in a front riser turn.

If anyone has this option, does a riser with it it pack larger and more difficult than a riser with the regular dive loop? Is there really a big difference between the Louie Loop and the regular dive loop on the riser? Is it worth getting it?

Thank you!
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

not much difference in pack volume...it doesn't make you gain more speed. it is just more comfortable on fingers, i wouldn't mind it..

and most importantly length of the riser matters,, longer the better... get 25"'s.......or longer...
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

not much difference in pack volume...it doesn't make you gain more speed. it is just more comfortable on fingers.

They're very easy to find and get your fingers in without looking. I pack them with the front riser towards the backpad side of the tray, and the rear riser above it. They don't stick out any extra that way. I have them on both my rigs, love them.

"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

Can anyone post their Micron with Louie Loop risers packed in?

Here is my crappy camera phone pic. Micron V310 with a 150 main, 23" risers with louie loops. I too put the fronts closer to the backpad than the rears. I can't see the risers looking at the packed container.

I don't have alot of experience with different dive loops, but I like the louies.
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

I'll try to get pictures Monday night, I didn't pack before I left the dz Saturday. I'll get pictures of how I place the risers and what it looks like closed up.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

Here's my rig. V-347 with Cypres 2, Skyhook, 21" risers with Tru-lok toggles and Louie Loops, Precision R-max 168 reserve, Competition Cobalt 150 main, the new updated magnetic riser covers, and the reserve staging loop mod.

is that the outline of your pilot chute cap visible in v3-3? if it is, better have your rigger shorten the closing loop! it looks a little off-centre too.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

So I got told that the Vector3 option called "Louie Loop" (which looks like a bulkier / more rigid version of a dive loop) allows you to gain more speed in a front riser turn.

Is there really a big difference between the Louie Loop and the regular dive loop on the riser? Is it worth getting it?

Many dive loops (not all) are fairly flimsy because they only use one layer of small webbing. Hard on the hands and fingers.

The Louie Loops are made of extra layers of webbing so they can be pushed open after canopy opening and they stay open (and more comfortable on the hands). They also have red webbing on the inside so they are easily seen without much effort.

I push up on my loops to set them open just before unstowing my toggles and I don't need to look up when I'm ready to use them.

Most loops are also attached to the riser 1.5 to 2 inches below the top of the riser (where the connector links are attached).

The Louie Loops continue all the way over the top of the riser and are attached on the other side, so the connector links actually go over the top of the loop.

This causes the top of the riser to curl down when first giving some dive input. It doesn't necessarily mean that you go faster it just means that it takes less input before your canopy reacts. It also means that you have roughly a 3 - 4 inch advantage when pulling down on your risers.

This is huge for me. I can hold my risers down for a long time if I pull them down to just below my collar bone and roll my shoulders forward to help lock them in. But if I had to pull them down to my breast area (4 inches farther) I simply don't have the strength to sustain that input.

To me the extra $25.00 was well worth the Louie Loops. The extra bulk is negligible
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

Thanks Sandy, I forgot about the extra leverage from going over the top of the riser. The extra height makes it easier to adjust the rate of turn in the middle of the turn. I can pull 4" of left front riser for half the turn, then increase it to 6" for the rest, or pull the right front riser too if I'm really high.

Yes it is the pilot chute, it's due for a repack in December, I'll get it taken care of next spring, there's plenty of tension on the closing loop in the meantime.

That's not the point.

See this: http://www.sendspace.com/file/f7cr59

Read this: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2101957

:o:o:o:o
Moriuntur omnes, sed non omnes vixerunt.