shropshire

Bands Reunited....

I've been watching "Bands reunited" in the UK on VH1 (you probably had it last year), where they reunited 16(?) 80's bands - and like the Curate's egg, it was good in parts (Berlin, Flock of Seaguls) and bad in others (Kajagoogoo etc) - all a matter of personal taste, obviously;)

My question is.... Which bands would you like to see reunited, from what period and what 3 tracks would you like to hear them play again?

'corse - the main one has just got to be ..
The Beetles - late 50's, 60
(1) here comes the Sun...
(2) Fool on a hill
(3) Blackbird

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

damn, unfortunately most of the bands listed here would have to have the rest of thier members die in order to be reunited.

you people are messed up for wishing that. LOL

______________-
ever hear the joke:

what does it take to get a beatles reuinion tour?
three more bullets

(now it would only be two, but this was told to me when george was still alive)
My photos

My Videos

Hi,

Sorry, I guess that now that I'm an old codger (sitting in my rocking chair, dribbling and smelling of piss....), I just keep looking backwards.... When there was real music around... with tunes and you could understand the words!! Talking of which, where's my Hendrix vinyl at?

TeHe.. One more bullet and you could go watch them;)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

well remember when johnny cash redid NIN "hurt"

and Soundgarden "rusty cage" etc

they sounded odd at first but damnit they were good reditions of the songs.

its just one of those combinations of music that you dont think wouyld fly so it would HAVE to bve good:ph34r::ph34r:
My photos

My Videos

Well I change my mind.......I would like to see the 1985 Chicago Bears redo the "Super Bowl Shuffle"....now that was REAL MUSIC!

NOW YOURE TALKING

I'd like to see Soundgarden get back together. I didn't know "Rusty Cage" was done by NIN first. I'd want hear that, "Head Down" (of course):P, And maybe 'Loud Love". The Presidents of the Unisted States got their lead singer Chris to come back, maybe Chris Cornell will come around, too.

Rusty cage wasn't done by NIN. HURT was Trent's then Johny redid it
My photos

My Videos

I'd like to see Soundgarden get back together.

that would be cool...except Chris has burnt his voice...saw him with Audioslave twice last year and he tries real hard, but he cant do the wails the way he used to... he cant even do some of the things he does on the Audioslave album live...[:/] which really sucks....because of the possible reunions that one would be high on my list....

Sabbath could reunite with Ian Gillian and do 'Born Again'. I never saw that tour, but from the bootlegs i've got it was one of the best incarnations of Sab ever....unfortunately he has the same problem as Chris...even though he took better care of his voice....

for 'dead' band members... Metallica with Cliff, most def... I'd love to see them once more and be able to recall why i liked them to begin with...

but highest on my list would probably be Morphine... I got to hang out with them all the way through their last tour of the southeast, but never really had a chance to say goodbye to Mark before he died... I guess most people never really do, but that one hit me pretty hard....

If we are really wishing i want to hear the Jimi Hendrix Experience......

Bands Reunited is a fantastic show. I don't much care for some of their choices (New Kids On The Block, which they failed to make happen thank God!), but others are simply brilliant. Berlin was great, as was Romeo Void, A Flock Of Seaguls, The Call, and several other early 80's alternative bands. I really like the show and only wish I could have been in the audience of some of those shows.

Chuck

I agree about Metallica AND cliff!

ever hear of death angel?
they were good musicians AND as far as I know theyre still alive. I would like to see that.

(sublime might be a goodone but it would be hard to top someof the earlier stuff)
My photos

My Videos

deathangel is still together iirc.. they changed their name to "the Organization" and put out 2 albums i think...

I loved their first album, The Ultra-Violence but imo they went down while with Frolking thru the Park and Act III. The Organization didnt do much for me at all either..

I saw them open for Testament and Anthrax on their first tour...cant even recall what Testament album it was now.... DA was that good.... I think it was Spreading the Disease for Anthrax though....

hmmm that reminds me of another good reunion although i saw their last show right here in Phoenix.. Armored Saint...

yea the ultraviolence kicked ass. frolic was ok and act iii was weak for them but room witha veiw was pretty good, (just NOT their style)

the organiztaion-
I bought the 1st album then stopped![:/]

I want "death angel" not "death angel light":D

its like filters 1st album compared to their next. WTF?:S
My photos

My Videos

They were sooooo close to getting Squeeze to link back up. Thanks a lot Jools Holland you pompous ass. His attitude was all like "oh, I'm so popular now with my own show in the UK, so no way I'm taking a step backward." Idiot, one big reason your show had a chance to be popular is because you used to play in Squeeze!!!

That's probably why Conan O'Brien likes having Max continue to tour with Bruce, because that way he has Bruce's drummer, not Bruce's ex-drummer...