flyingferret

Thanks for 5th AOTMB

A huge thanks to Skydive Aggieland, Todd, Kathy, and everyone else that made AOTMB happen this year. In my personal opinion, it was the most fun yet.

The loads were awesome, the beer was cold, the freefly chicks were hot. The vibe was just perfect, something I really needed to feel again at a dz.

Thanks for all the hard work. I find myself reluctant to let the weekend end, and wishing we could do it all over again next weekend.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

Plus I out jumped AggieDave for the first weekend in memory. Of course he keeps trying to get two canopy rides in one load.

I don't know that I have ever regretted it as much as when I had to tell Angelee (sp?) on Saturday night, that I just couldn't dance.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

Definitely an awesome time. Thanks for bringing that Skyvan to Texas, Aggieland--You pulled L.A.S.T.'s collective asses out of the "there are no f***ing tailgate aircrafts in Texas" fire. I really enjoyed meeting those of you who I met, and if you were there and I didn't meet you, I'll catch you next time.

Blue skies,

Douva
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

Malacheee!

:P

Dude, this weekend kicked ass, the vibe was badass, the plane climbed faster then a monkey after tequila and parties were badass!

Sorry we didn't get to jump together (is that a first for a boogie with us?), but man...I had FUN!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

A huge thanks to Skydive Aggieland, Todd, Kathy, and everyone else that made AOTMB happen this year.

Ditto on that.

The Skyvan was clean, comfortable and fast. But it sure is a loud sum-beech. Some competitors training for the Nationals, which start next week, took advantage of the aircraft to practice tailgate exits.

The weather turned out fairly good, considering the forecast, and the history of bad weather during AOT boogies.

We had dozens of free pizzas for lunch.

There was a huge packing tent, with wall-to-wall carpeting, mild temperatures, and a just-right breeze.

Was is *four* kegs of beer? After a couple of hours, I could no longer remember.

I cool boogie T-shirt, honoring our friend John Choate, who died of cancer this year. The shirt image shows the ash-release dive, scattering his ashes in freefall, which was done a month ago.

Load organizing by cool Mary from Colorado.

So many wing suit flyers, that they outnumbered the thermal-circling Texas turkey vultures.

Live band.

A prime rib dinner with slabs of meat thick enough to collapse a picnic table, and make for really fast fall-rates on Sunday.

An SCR ceremony by AggieDave.

Ice sales on-site. As well as a fancy coffee vendor.

And my personal favorite: a scantily clad babe performing a fire dance! Now there's something that I've never seen at any other boogie.

And everything run smoothly by a terrific, friendly, dedicated staff.

What did I forget?

Photos attached.

A prime rib dinner with slabs of meat thick enough to collapse a picnic table.

Holy shit that was a really really good meal!

That was the best meal I've ever had at a boogie and better then most of the meals I eat. Even when I eat out!

Holy shit that was a really really good meal!

Ayep. The cost was only about half of what you would pay for that monster steak in a restaurant. And they wouldn't have a keg of Shiner beer to go with it.

What are you still doing up this late? You've had a long, hard weekend. Go to bed!

I'm unemployed, with nothing to do in the morning. I can afford to stay up late and "waste" time.

What are you still doing up this late? You've had a long, hard weekend. Go to bed!

Yeah, I know, but I'm doing a little bit of studying before I turn out the lights tonight...I've got to get a few things done before my 8am class.[:/]

Atleast I'm almost done and I'll be asleep soon.B|

That was one might fine boogie -- got 2 wingsuit jumps, made a girlie jump, and a smashingly fun 12-way at the end.

And boy was I feeling guilty about dragging my friend out in what looked like an awful day as we drove up on Saturday.

Thanks to Todd and everyone else who helped made that come true -- it was a lot of work, I'm sure.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Man, what a fun weekend!!B|

Thanks go out to Todd and Kathy for putting up with all of us. Sarah for keeping us manifested and jumping, Voodew for the constant entertainment (freak) :D Skydive Arizona for the fast tailgate, Morgan for the packjob after hurting my arm. Mary for the coolness, Perry Perkins for the exit advice and pictures, Turtle for videoing my girlfriends jump, and everyone else for making it a great boogie.

And my personal favorite: a scantily clad babe performing a fire dance! Now there's something that I've never seen at any other boogie.

Hey John! great pic of the firebabe!:D she posts here as fireflytx.B|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I would like to thank everyone who attended AOTMB 5. You guys and gals are who made this event rock.

Thanks to the organizers:

Mary - Big Way
Jason - Wing Suit
Robert - Freefly
Dave Burton - Suprise attendee put to work organizing.

Thanks to all the staff, we couldn't have done it without you.

Thanks to Guppies From Ourter Space for their awesome playing.

Thanks to Design II for the Catering.

Thanks to Jeff for flying and Skydive Arizona for sending their kickass Skyvan at the last minute.

There were 6 kegs, John. 4 of them were Shiner.

Thanks to Mary, Conway, and Carolee for flying around me for 17 points.

The last load was awesome. Hi speed pass, 8-way speed star with video. Oh, and did I mention no jumpsuits?

I wanted to post last night, but it was after 11 by the time I was home and couldn't think straight. I am still pretty wiped out as we have been on the stay up late, get up early routine for about 2 weeks now.

Tentative Date for AOTMB 6: Labor Day Weekend.

You don't have to wait that long to come visit though.

Todd

I am not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example.

THANKS EVERYONE! That was my first boogie, had a blast. And thanks to Todd & everyone for letting put on a fire show for you. Thanks to Sheri for the freestyle tips.

Thanks Turtle for the kick ass video you did of me and all the wonderful pictures you took!
"Well behaved women rarely make history"