fueler

how do i get tree sap off my dog?????

i had my sidekick chained up to my truck that i had parked under a big tree to give him some shade. well....what i failed to realize was that the tree was ooozzzing sap al over the place. so now the hound dog has patches of sap with dirt encrusted blah all over him. hes got very short hair...but im not sure what to use....gimme some help here. im tempted to give him some beer and fire up the electric clippers:D
what!?

gimme some help here. im tempted to give him some beer and fire up the electric clippers

Oh shit man, if you do that I want to see the video!

Have you called the vet yet to ask?

I feel sorry for your dog, except that he might get some beer out of it.:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

turpentine on a rag will take it off ... and lighter fluid might also ... either way ... WELL ventilated area to do it in, and rinse really well when done (both will dry the pooch's skin out badly) ... if you're really nice to it ... some lotion afterward would be cool from it's point of view

It's okay.. you're not the first person to have that happen.

Check this out:

http://www.pets.ca/forum/archive/index.php/t-6576.html

Looks like peanut butter is the trick.

Cheers,

Iota

HA! ill be back with pics of him covered in JIF.:D:D
what!?

I've always used butter, rub some butter into them, comb them out, and then give him/her a bath:)

ummm....always? How many times has this happened to your dog? It happened to one of my adirondack chairs too. Maybe I should've used butter.... Left a nasty blemish.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

You can also use olive, vegetable, or baby oil. My niece once got her waist length hair FULL of pine sap. My sister called poison control, was referred to a chemist, and spent the next 6 hours working to save all that gorgeous hair...lol. Oh yeah she did use peanut butter also. Good luck!! ;)

Pink Mafia Sis 139

Luminous beings are we...not this crude matter. -Yoda