windcatcher

what's your ancestry?

My mother's parents, and my father's grandparents, all were immigrants from Sweden. So I guess that'd make me of Swedish ancestry.

But other than being really good at making cookies, and liking pickled herring, I don't think it had a lot of influence :)
Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

My Grandmother’s maiden name was Pace. She has ancestry that's been traced in an old family Bible back to Jamestown. They came over on a ship from England. I've always been told I have English + Scottish ancestry. My middle (family) name is Clealon. I guess maybe that’s a clan of some sort over there. I don’t know for sure. My last name is Phillips. My wife's mother has enough of a percentage of Cherokee in her that she can claim ancestry. My kids will get some of that. My wife, however, has many Irish features (light skin, high cheek bones, etc). Her Dad had very Irish features. His last name was Doyle and middle name Corcoran.

I'd like to add, though: I am an American.
Not a Scottish American.
Not an English American.
But an American.
I really hate that divisive African, Chinese, Mexican American crap.

Solid Scottish base.
Significant German. (~1/4)

My family has been here since before the Revolution, with touches of new nationality here and there. That includes more Scottish blood, some Irish, and a little French - but we don't like to talk about that. :P

American born, raised, and proud.
and so pale in the winter that I make ghosts look colorful
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

me? I'm half german, part czech, swedish, welsh, french, norwegian and scandinavian
what's yours?

I guess your Uncle Rolf was a pillaging Viking, uh?
100% French:)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Solid Scottish base.
Significant German. (~1/4)

My family has been here since before the Revolution, with touches of new nationality here and there. That includes more Scottish blood, some Irish, and a little French - but we don't like to talk about that. :P

Pretty much the same here. Solid Scottish heritage with a direct line trace and solid genealogical records going back to 1384 in Vans of Barnbarroch. There's even a couple of links to Scottish royalty by marriage.

Before 1384, there's some traces going back to the Provence area of France, but I don't care to know...

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban