cocheese

Cyber Crush

I'll play. . .

Yes, I did once. When we met the spark was different. We are still friends but there definitely was no spark for romance after we met. On the other hand, I met someone online that I had a brief relationship with. Very intense. . .it ended but this person is my BEST FRIEND today. . .

So it can be a good thing, just don't let your expectations drive you to try to "make it work".
FGF #6
Darcy

Hmm.. this thread has got me thinking about Chelle's lingerie photos... :$:D

Ok I'll bite where are the pix. I'm Conundrum's offical stalker. :) I can't believe I missed that thread. >:(

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Have you ever been in love (or close to it) with someone you haven't met yet ? Letters, pics and phones is all you know.

What happened when you met ? How did it go ?

It has happened quite a few times on this board since it started up. Me? Been there done that but my ending was not as cheerful. Long distance has some serious downfalls.[:/] Often there are too many negative outside forces working against you, and there is nothing you can do about it.

On Saturday I am standing up in my friends wedding that met this way via Match.com.

Yep, been together since March or is that April...:D...I forget about stuff like that these days...

When we met...well...:$...I think that people at the airport got an eyeful...

And it went well...and is still going well...Don't get me wrong, it has had it's bumps and sometimes bruises...but we are still together and love each other very much...:)

~R+R:)...I know, I know, I know!!!!:ph34r:...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

I think it's a great way to really get to know someone. I've dated people i met on the internet and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Then there's the case of meeting someone in person, then forgetting about them til they email you a year later....B|

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

In the day of technology, it's becoming more the "norm" to meet and connect with someone online. I've heard many success stories from online dating services such as EHarmony.com.

I think one of the pros are that some people are more open and not afraid to be themselves and express themselves when they are communicating online or over the phone, whereas in person they may put up a front in order to impress the other person.

Also, what I feel is most important and a benefit to a relationship starting that way is that two people get to know each other before physical attraction comes into play. Too many times, IMO, people who meet in person decide quickly if they like someone based on their appearance and then attempt to develop a solid foundation.

Be yourself and I'm sure everything will work out just fine;)

Speaking of stalking, anyone notice the return of one odd, gender confused individual to the boards lately?

Who can guess who it is?

Hey that's not very nice! I'm a girl! I swear!

Oh no, sweetie, it's not you! Just noticed over in Speaker's Corner- he/she/it caused a little kerfluffel over a year ago when her/his/its very identity came into serious question. :P

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

i've been attracted to people online but i don't think i'd ever fall in love with someone online.
you never know who you're talking to now-a-days

...unless they send instant videos of them doing a bootay dance!!!!

Seriously though, does dropzone.com count as cyber dating? It's kind of like most of us know each other in some way. There are some really creepy people that post pictures of their wankers and stuff but for the most part we're all safe aren't we?

Well aren't we? :|

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

I have had them.
I won’t say never again but….:S
Talking on line or via phone is a good way to get to know someone if the person knows them self. Some time peoples words are not the same as their actions or intentions.
Meeting on line has all the problems of a regular relationship with a few more things too consider.

Good luck with what ever you do.
My final advice would be take your time.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Speaking of stalking, anyone notice the return of one odd, gender confused individual to the boards lately?

Who can guess who it is?

B|
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed. I really missed some of her personalities. Made for some real "as the prop turns" reading.

-I now return you to your online pandering.