NightJumper

Weekend numbers 10-17-04

:)
It is that time of year again when the weather in Florida is awesome. 77F, sunny with a mild breeze.;)One jump at DeLand and one at Sebastian to see how the landscape has changed after the hurricanes. Lets just say there are less trees, beach and hangers.[:/]

Stay safe and see you at the Palatka Hog Flop in a couple of weeks!:P

Mike

42 (number of times each day last week that I looked at the landing area at Perris from my cozy campsite and wished I was jumping instead of sitting):0:0

Can't jump, no money.

Lets just say there are less trees, beach and hangers.

I hear there are fewer bytches there now too.B|

0:4:0

Four wingsuit jumps including two six bird flocks organized by LouDiamond himself over Sebastian. Saw a bunch of blue where roofs should be though.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

numbers as follows.. 0:0:0

So, after a day and a half watching it rain, I left the DZ and you know how we say the drive home from the DZ is the most dangerous part of the day......

I got rear-ended!!! Stop and go traffic, I stopped after the car ahead of me, the the car behind me didn't!
>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

0:0:0

:)
I had an incredible weekend! I went to Brown County where I hiked and went horseback riding. Then, I met up with tons of friends at Purdue. Today, I went to where you get the best breakfast food ever: Triple X! Then, I hung out with my brother and nephews.

I had what I really needed: sober fun! :D My head is a bit clearer now! :)
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

;):1:1

Its been a couple weeks since I've been able to jump and I wasn't even supposed to jump yet according to the Doc. I went ahead and did one hop and pop on Saturday just because I was going crazy and needed some air, even if it was just a little.

It felt great, but it reaffirmed that I'm not ready to go to altitude yet and do a full skydive and not even close to being ready to do tandems again since this surgery.

For such a simple surgery its taking a fucking long time to recovery.>:(>:(

The case of beer is for Morgan. Nightjumper got her container back to her for the weekend, after resizing the harness and making some new components for her. He did a badass job and really really took care of us.

So Morgan now has her very own and complete rig.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

WHOA.. that sucks Corey.

That almost happened to me on the way home the other night on 520.. I saw a set of headlights coming on realllly fast. The drunkin assbite reareneded the truck I was passing... it started swerving around... and flipped and rolled as I powered out of it.. just barely missing getting slammed into the center barrier. In my rearview mirror I saw some serious carnage.. sparks and smoke as the other pickup endedup skidding down the freeway for a 100 yards on the top of its cab. I pulled down the freeway a little way.. and stopped to back to help the injured.. but then saw the little silver car that had rearended the truck trying to take off. I saw other cars stopping behind me to render assistance.. so I followed and got his number and was on the phone with 911 as he finally pulled over to the right... and as he pulled to the side I blocked the asshole off into the ditch. HE ended up taking off over the fence into MaryMoor Park. Redmond police showed up with the Chopper with FLIR and the K-9 units... and after 3 hours they let me go after writing up the report.>:(>:(>:(

$24.99 Unlimited Sushi: 3:0

I love my Sushi chef. I walk in Friday night and do the usual of letting him serve me anything he wants to. I get like 9 or 10 pieces of sushi, a bowl of Miso soup and buy him a beer and he rings me up as $24.99 Chef Special B|:ph34r:.

3 Jumps, 1 smoking freefly that I was falling behind at 170 mph. I bet the base was going 175-180. 2 Birdman jumps. Including ScottBre's first and second flights. B|
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

1*:1:0

whoohoo! I finally got to jump, after moving, hurricanes and work nightmares!

Picked up a sabre 2 demo, since I've been on teh ground for a while. I wanted something more docile than my samurai for a first jump in a month, laugh if you want, but I'd rather be safe than stupid.

Nice stand up landing in no winds. Welcome back me! See you in Palatka!

__

0:1:1

2nd solo jump,which was back at my first dz, Skydive Adventures in Minnesota. Was great to see the guys again and see the good ol' Minnesota/South Dakota corn. My jump didn't go as well, spent most of it trying to stop my spin from my uneven legs! >:( ....but it was cool to see Kevin freefall past me and deploy while I was already under canopy. But man, it was friggid cold up there!!! I had gloves on and it was probably 40's-50's on the ground, but my hands still froze.
Had my first ride down w/ the plane, 2 experienced guys jumped, but me and another guy stayed because it was getting way too dark...
I'm not ready for a night jump yet! :)

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

:S:4:0

spent most of the weekend packing.... 15 static lines today... and only 3 rigs, oh well didnt have to pay for my jumps though!!

as for jumps:

8 way funneled and went to crap but was hell of a lot of fun
6 way
4 way

no beer today, or yesterday, or the day before... man i need to go to the store!
--------------------------------------------------
Fear is not a confession of weakness, it is an oportunity for courage.