Islandcool

WTF is up with Kids?

Now I'm starting to sound like an old cat. :|

After surviving many years without kids in my life I find myself in the same household with a 16 year old kid. Man payback is a bitch and now I know what the hell my parents were talking about. I have turned to the internet to help me with this situation and I think this website may have the answers I'm looking for.

http://maddox.xmission.com/beat.html

You should bookmark the page and the next time the kid is around within eyeshot of the computer, draw -NO- attention to what you're doing but pop it up on the screen and get up to visit the restroom.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

or a version of "go cut your own switch"....

Ooooh yeah, that was one of my mom's favorites!!! I would be bawling my eyes out all the way to the tree, well before it ever touched my ass!! Only got the Hot Wheels track once that I can remember.

;) Don

Don

Here's to friends!

Who here got the belt

Ha!!!, I used to display my "corn rows", not to be mistaken by the hairstyle, but on my legs, after getting my dad's "samurai belt" :D:D

Oh the memories.

i'm guessing you're the stepdad. That's a tough job. I've got two treenagers and two gonna-be-teenagers soon. They are pretty great kids, but still, sometimes, ya know. I don't think smacking works for anyone, though. It's usually just adding gas to the fire. That was a funny ass website, though. :D

I don't think smacking works for anyone, though. It's usually just adding gas to the fire

I disagree, when I used to get out of hand, they used another technique, the "mental patient" that means, drag my tantrumy ass to the shower, that cools you off in a sec. :P

Who here got the belt

I think I'm actually in the minority of people who didn't get spanked or hit or anything like that. The death stare from my mom was enough to shut me up when I acted like a brat. Now, nothing can stop me!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

No not the stepdad. I'm worse. I'm the mom's boyfriend. I stay out of their disputes but lastnight I felt Amy was being threatened and her son was getting out of hand. He was screaming at the top of his lungs at her and hands were waving everywhere. All I did was step between them and tell him to calm down. That's when I got "you're not my father!" Geeesh.... Like I really want that job. :D

I'm the eldest of four so i was always the example. I remember one time we were all inside the bedrooms and my two younger brothers did something to upset eachother, my mom comes in blazing and lays it on me without even asking a question. by the time she realized i was innocent (on this occasion at least) my other two siblings had shut up cause she just turned and stared them down.

As for flying shoe, that was my mothers. that thing would come flying from around corners. it was like a heat seeking missile. but what can i say it worked.
I turned out alright now didn't i.:)

Pineappe Death Juice, If you have to ask you'd rather not know!

Who here got the belt or a version of "go cut your own switch"....

\

I got the belt, paddle, extension cord, wooden spoon, hot wheel track, switch, 2x4, wiffle ball bat, rubber hose, coat hangers, hand, fist, etc...

Basically anything that was within an arms reach of my parents. It may sound cruel to the "Perfect Parents" but i think i turned out no worse for the wear.

Believe me, I have the same problems with my 15 yo Stepson.

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

Who here got the belt or a version of "go cut your own switch"....

\

I got the belt, paddle, extension cord, wooden spoon, hot wheel track, switch, 2x4, wiffle ball bat, rubber hose, coat hangers, hand, fist, etc...

Basically anything that was within an arms reach of my parents. It may sound cruel to the "Perfect Parents" but i think i turned out no worse for the wear.

Believe me, I have the same problems with my 15 yo Stepson.

So true. Me and my brother one day decided to hide all my dad's belts under the couch. It didn't take long before we broke a lamp or something wrestling in the house and he decided to whip us. He went for the belt and remembered that he couldn't find it that morning. He went in to the closet and tried to find another, all the while yelling at us to take a seat on the couch and not to move while he found a belt. He couldn't figure out where his belts were so he just kept looking and looking. By the time he got to the back of the closet, he found something of his that he forgot he had and started fiddling with it. My brother and me took the hint and silently snuck out of the house. I guess he forgot cause we never got that whippen, but many others. I wonder to this day if he remembers.

Oh man! I used to get my ass BEAT all the time!
I remember:

* "The Switch"
* "The wooden spoon"
* "The Belt" (never the metal part)
* "Mouth full of
a) soap
b) hot sauce
c) peppers

Pops was more into "the stare" which just made him look
retarded, so I laughed at him and got knocked in the
back of the head... HARD too.... Last thing I remember
was him throwing a big ass AC adapter, fought (yeah
a fight) with my brother, and that was the end of discipline for me, my brother, and ironically my 6
year old sister at the time... who still till this day I
believe hasn't gotten whooped more than twice. She's
15 now, and a stuck-up bitch!

moral == BEAT YOUR KIDS!!! passionatly..... :D

"'Someday is not a day in my week'"