ostrich

Genesis had a total

They had one. Problem is that the batteries may have been dead after sitting in the cold vacumn of space for so long, the sensors could have been thrown off since it was tumbling instead of a controled reentry or 1000 other things. Space is quite possibly the harshest environment known. Reentry is among the most difficult things to do also.

Rumor has it that it was even based on the Cypres design... guess you better change those batteries at the 2 year mark huh?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Science will never be able to get everything "right",
every time , even though they think they can. The only place man doesn't have limitations is in his dreams.

Sometimes dreams and reality don't mix. Scientists have to learn to know the difference.

Bill Cole D-41

every time , even though they think they can. The only place man doesn't have limitations is in his dreams.

Sometimes dreams and reality don't mix. Scientists have to learn to know the difference.

science makes dreams reality..

man once dreamt of flight....

I don't think science has any pretense of getting everything right every time.

What's your point? It sounds as though you're saying "Don't try".

Bob

Of course Im not saying don't try. I'm just saying that as much as Science and Scientists think they are able to do anything, they should realize they will not be able to do every single thing some quack in their midst says to try.

Only with God are ALL things possible.

I think the Genesis could have...should have worked, but there will be "SOME" things that will never be done, dream as much as you wish.

The comparison to the Imax is a good one, things DO sometinmes go wrong., altrhough if the producer would have allowed more practice jumps like I asked for, the bugs could have been ironed out.

He said " Oh we'll practice with the camera", and the day before, he had cancelled the insurance.

I still don't know why.