Jib

Do you watch the old Xmas shows?

Every year I seem to miss all of the old Holiday shows like Rudolph, Grinch, etc. Do you?

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

Just discussed this with my family over Thanksgiving. I saw a listing for "The Great Pumpkin: Charlie Brown" and then when I went to watch it something else was in its place. I couldn't believe it!

I remember as a kid (thinking 20-25 years ago) how it used to be such a big deal when there was a "special" on tv. I don't just mean a big deal because we were kids, but advertised like crazy on TV, changing the regular broadcast schedule, etc.

Of course, around the same time MTV was just getting started and went off the air every night around 8pm to be replaced by A&E.
Killing threads since 2004.

I have White Christmas on DVD and watch it a number of times this time of the year. I love that movie.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I haven't owned a tv for two years now. When I go home for the holidays I'll sit down and watch one with my lil bros if it's on but I don't go out of my way for one.

Although, my favs as a kid were The Grinch and A Christmas Story. I wanted a Red Ryder BB gun for the longest time, I still do sometimes! ;)

Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity!
~DEVIOUS BEEF~~FGF #69~

I remember as a kid (thinking 20-25 years ago) how it used to be such a big deal when there was a "special" on tv. I don't just mean a big deal because we were kids, but advertised like crazy on TV, changing the regular broadcast schedule, etc.

Yea I remember that too, but we only had four TV stations then also.

The other night I sat and watched It's A Wonderful Life. I think it's a shame that it is only on once at Christmas now. I remember a few years ago it was on almost non stop. I guess A Christmas Story has replaced that now.

for the last 13 years, I have just missed watching "A Charlie Brown's Christmas". this year, I swear, I'll catch it in time.

I caught Rudolf the Red Nosed Raindeer yesterday. It's been about 25 years. Never realized this. . .Why the hell does cornelius have a poodle for a sled dog?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

My mother had the audacity to call and soak up my Verizon minutes to remind me that Rudolph was coming on TV. And Friday, OMG... Friday FROSTY will be on! :|

I just lit up a cigarette and rolled my eyes. :P

:D

The little Drummer Boy still chokes me up when his lamb gets ran over. I bet Clay gets really choked up too, But not in a good way:o

Something may get choked but it probably has feathers.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

If I am with my sister at xmas, we always watch "A Christmas Story"...

I keep thinking of having one of those big leg lamps in the "FRAGILE" box sent to her sometime, but it's kinda expensive for a joke and I don't think she would actually use it... (since she's not a weirdo like me - it would fit right in with my decorating style!)

I'll sometimes watch some of the other old shows, but nothing in particular... Well, the South Park Christmas special with Mr. Hanky is always good. :)