sangiro

New Drop Zone Locator!

Well, finally have the answer (thanks to FlyingJ!).

ASC is 4A4 and The Farm is located about 5 miles down the road. Sometimes depending on the a/c and load they (The Farm) will takeoff from the grass field located from their dz. Other times they will shuttle to Cornelius-Moore Field Airport (4A4) to depart, which is where ASC is. So, in short, the lat/long info for 4A4 points to ASC and the lat/long info for The Farm is gonna be hard to get unless someone from there can provide.

Thanks to Jason (FlyingJ) for the info!

Just FYI to those who use the listed distance to DZ (from your house, etc) and then check with MapQuest.

I entered my home location then clicked the MapQuest distance to Perris.

MapQuest = 42.0 miles
Listed Distance on the Location Finder = 20.59 miles

Guess one is how the crow flies. :)
ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

***Guess one is how the crow flies.***

Did you check the distance on the directions page as well? There's a not on the results page that the distance represents the "as the crow flies" distance...

The driving distance is on the directions page.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Did you check the distance on the directions page as well?

Yeah. That's where I found 42.0 miles. I called it MapQuest. :P

There's a not on the results page that the distance represents the "as the crow flies" distance...

My bad. Just saw that note when I rechecked. Interesting. I knew there were alot of wonderful curvey roads between here and there, but didn't know it added 100% to the distance! :o

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

....Ireland (Dublin only)......

So, we'll go after these countries first while we look for alternative and additional sources of geocoding data. We're just starting though so it would not harm to start collecting latitude and longitude data for all DZs. :)

I wouldn't bother doing Ireland. We only have 4 DZs, 1 of which is actually in the UK (Northern Ireland - it's still on the island of ireland dammit) and one of which is a roaming DZ. We don't bother with postcodes, except in Dublin city and those cover large urban areas rather than individual streets.

Must be air miles, a straight line between point "A" and point "B"
It says the nearest dz is 52 miles (I wish) actually it is about a 115 mile drive. And another DZ that is actually a shorter drive (78 miles) is listed at 68 miles.

You can't cross large bodies of water with out a bridge.

Hey Sangiro, The Farm is located 3.2 miles south from 4A4 Cedartown Cornelius Moore airport. We are a private facility with our own airstrip. I will provide you with lat/long coordinates in a few days. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH ASC NOR ANY OF THEIR BOGUS WEBSITES

People are crazy. Cuz there's more of 'em.