crutch

Gator Bowl Jump

Very nice. Looks like they did a great job. Doing a stadium jump isn't easy, then throw in doing a Tandem. Damn, I'd have left a mess in my pants if I was the passenger on that ride.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Ok, cool. I was just curious.

I have to hand it to you, there's no way in hell I'd want to put a tandem into a stadium.

That's nothing, Dave, he's also done tandems with a guy in the Jaguars mascot costume -- you know that has to be just a wee bit unstable.

Art's a real pro, my hat's off to you, sir.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

How does someone besides the GKs get permission to do a tandem demo jump?

I know one way in which you wouldn't need permision from any regulatory body (unless you considered the manufacturer to be one). Just make sure both jumpers are qualified to do the jump (i.e. PRO rated) That's what we did at my old DZ's 4th of July Demo......
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Just make sure both jumpers are qualified to do the jump (i.e. PRO rated)

Actually, as long as it is not into a stadium this is true. Otherwise you have to apply for a waiver throught the USPA board.

BSR 2-1.J.5 Tandem jumps into stadiums are prohibited
blue skies,

art

Really nice! It's a shame the SEC (SouthEastern Conference) doesn't allow demo jumps into games anymore.

I noticed the band huddled off to the side of the field as the jumpers were coming in.

Sure wish I had that benefit on my last demo. Coming in, the damn band had taken up 1/4 of the field and were playing the national anthem, while a buddy and I were coming in simultaneously (planned) on opposite sides. Problem was, the band was on MY side of the field. So rather than come in at the same time, I rode my brakes so my buddy could go in himself a few seconds ahead of me, and then I came in through my side, but had to angle toward the center, and still came to a stop 10 feet away from the dance team girls. :S To their credit, none of them flinched. ;) I still thanked my ground crew for getting as much of the field open as he could, cuz the band leader was being a prick.

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Really nice job to you and the rest of the gang, Art. Was wondering how everything was going to come together, but man oh man, everything went off really, really well.

It was funny to hear one side of the stadium roaring when Scott said over the PA "Now entering the stadium is Ronnie Smith, wearing and flying the colors of Florida State"... and then to hear the other side roaring when Jeff came in with WVa's colors.

Once again, my hat's off.

Well done.

Cheers -
Bobby