cocheese

Turn up the heat or put on more clothes ?

>Do you say fu@k it and crank up the heat , or freeze a little and
>be thankful you're not homeless ?

Add insulation and crank up the heat 5 degrees. It won't cost any more if you do a good job of adding insulation. If you own the house, consider getting loose insulation blown into walls and attic etc. If not, then taping over cracks, sealing window frames, fixing weatherstripping etc will cost very little but help you out.

Also consider just heating the rooms you use (kitchen, bedroom, whatever) and let the rest get colder. In general as long as one or two rooms in your house are warm, pipes won't freeze or anything.

put on more clothes, then save the cash you would have spent on heat to take a holiday to a part of the world that's warmer next winter B|

And you shed not a single tear for the things that you didn't need
'Cause you knew you were finally free - Death Cab For Cutie

OK, Cocheese, we get the message: it's cold in MI. As a former resident of IN, MI, & IL, I can suggest you do what I did to escape the cold of the MidWest: Move to CO.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

It is currently 34 here though ...BRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Looks like the weather that plagued us the past few weeks finally made it over to your neck of the woods for a visit. :P

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon