SkyAnt

Cool DZ near LA

Heading to the US in a few weeks stating in Los Angeles.
What do you think would be the great DZ close to LA not just for aircraft but for cool friendly people aswell.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

Do you mean Los Angeles or Louisiana? If you mean Los Angeles I'd recommend Perris and Elsinore.

I've never been to Perris, but the couple of times I've been at Elsinore (once to jump and the rest just watching and helping out) people there were the best! Everyone was really nice, and it felt very home-y/friendly.
~skysprite

Yeah, Perris is the same way, at least I think so since Perris is my home DZ. Some people think Elsinore is friendlier being a smaller DZ, but I jump at both DZ's and I think they are both very friendly.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

Yeah what Evelyn said. I spent a month at Perris and it blew my mind man. but with a tunnel right there be perpared to come back broke! I never got out to Elsinore but i only heard good things about it :)

EDIT: to fix my spacing

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

If I recall correctly, the two dz's are within about a 20 min drive of each other. I think you should go to both!

edited for Stumpy. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

There are a good number of people that jump at both. But if you are looking for better planes...Elsinore has 2 otters. Where Perris has 2 otters and a skyvan. Both have had some really busy days letting people like me get in lots of jumps in one day. But Perris doesn't normally fly the skyvan during the week. I hope you have lots of fun on your trip, I might see you at either place not sure where I am jumping this weekend. I might just stay up here and go to Cal City...Not sure if I will be working with a cameraman or training on my own.

I would recommend going to both Perris and Elsinore, but make sure that you experience Elsinore on the weekends because it's not as active during the week as Perris can sometimes be. Personally, I favor ELSINORE because it is much more beautiful (view and DZ layout) and the people (both jumpers and staff) are the BEST. Since the 2 DZs are about 20 minutes away from each other, you should try to go to both. Not too many people who say "Perris is the best" or "Elsinore is the best" have been to both. Both are very different, but both have so much to offer.

Also, don't forget to visit the tunnel in Perris with Elsinore coaches (many are hottie skychicks) or with coaches from Perris. I will be jumping more at Elsinore than Perris, now that I am going to jump regularly again (beginning tomorrow in a fun 10-way competition). I will be jumping at Perris every so often, as well, though, so I'll see you whenever you come out this way. :)

Cant wait to get out there and meet you all. I will probably stay out at Elsinore for the weekend of the 11-13 Feb (I think) it is and head out to Perris after that. Im easy to spot. Green and Yellow jumpsuit and the weird accent. Be sure to say hi.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

Isn't there some kind of Valentines Day boogie going on there then? I was planning on going myself that weekend for a break from TX!!

Is there one? I haven't heard anything...

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Isn't there some kind of Valentines Day boogie going on there then? I was planning on going myself that weekend for a break from TX!!

The big Valentine's Meet is in Eloy that weekend.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

ltdiver

Cool then, I'll go there then! Can anyone pm me some details? This girl here needs to jump! :)

ltdiver

Cool then, I'll go there then! Can anyone pm me some details? This girl here needs to jump! :)

Try HERE. It's a 4-way meet that kicks off the season with a bang. Lots of lovely skydivers....including Airspeed giving coaching.

A little closer to home, yet, is our own Airspeed member, Dan B.C. and his tunnel/RW camp that same weekend! See HERE. :^)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon