scottjaco

Perris DC9....collecting dust?

Is this new ride gonna fly soon? The boogie circuit is coming up soon. Also, it would be nice to see if those new engines work.

The plane has been owned by the DZ for almost a year now.

I went to the WFFC homepage and they have no mention of it. I figured it would fly there for sure!

Is this new ride gonna fly soon? The boogie circuit is coming up soon. Also, it would be nice to see if those new engines work.

The plane has been owned by the DZ for almost a year now.

I went to the WFFC homepage and they have no mention of it. I figured it would fly there for sure!

Patience, dear Jedi. The engines have been fired up on many an occasion. They make the ground SHAKE when Ben revs them up. B|

As for the timing. Ask the FAA. They're the ones holding the purse strings.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Yep, been there many times when the engines were fired up. . .makes the skyvan seem almost silent. . .lol!

I saw a lot of people itching their palms when the engines fired. . ."can we jump it yet?" was a common phrase.
FGF #6
Darcy

The DC( is currently waiting on FAA aproval.

The big hold up is what kind of maintinence program the DZ shold have to adhear to.

The schedual that existed when the plane was built, or the one that was revised and approved by the FAA for the airlines that opperated it.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Not involved with the negotiations, but if it's flying, it will probably be at the WFFC.
***The above statement is my opinion and should not be taken as fact - Wait for the announcements***
Again, my rule is that it doesn't go on Freefall.com until the aircraft is confirmed to be there.
-----
~~~Michael

Not involved with the negotiations, but if it's flying, it will probably be at the WFFC.
***The above statement is my opinion and should not be taken as fact - Wait for the announcements***
Again, my rule is that it doesn't go on Freefall.com until the aircraft is confirmed to be there.

Yea, Don assures me that if it is go, it is here (at the WFFC) but like Michael says, until it is confirmed, it is not listed.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

You could always offer to help out with the paper work. That brown trailer sitting next to it is there just to put the paper work the FAA requires in.
Or you could buy your own and fly it next week, right?:S
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

If someone here has a way to scan, and they get Skydiving, there is an article on page 28 of the February issue, about the Jet and the FAA.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

If someone here has a way to scan, and they get Skydiving, there is an article on page 28 of the February issue, about the Jet and the FAA.

Cliff notes? Summary? Anything?

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

"They want revisions here and there, " agreed Conater's son, Pat, "but the list is getting shorter. Of course, now they want us to recalibrate our fuel truck gauges, which is not exactly part of the aircraft manintence program, but that's what they want."

Ben Conatser added that another key problem is the lack of large-aircraft experience among the staffers at the Riverside Flight Standards District Office (FSDO), especially in comparison to the crew Conatser has assembled to operate the jet.

Pat said the company remains confident that the FAA hoop-jumping will end and the DC-9 will fly again. He just wasn't sure when.

"They said it would be another three months," he recounted. "Of course, they've been saying that since we started."

Does that help?
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

If I owned the plane I would be pissed at you. Did the planes owners check with you before they got it and did they promise you anything? These things are time consuming and expensive ! Sit back find something to do and quit whinning! If you got the critical path to success bring it on,,,,maybe they signed a two year deal with someone to be on standby,,you don't know...why would you go public with your whinning? I don't know anybody that would not love to jump it right now,,today. But ,,geezzz are ya that clueless? do ya think its just that easy?
smile, be nice, enjoy life
FB # - 1083

Sounds like someone needs a hug. Did your mom stop breastfeeding you too early or something?

He was just asking, sheesh.
---------------------------------------------------------------
There is a fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'.
--Dave Barry

> have a great place they could bring it in MarchDublin Boogie March
>17-20.Have their people call my people.

I don't know Pat's plans for sending it out and about. But keep in mind that it IS a DC-9 that costs considerably more to operate than a typical DC-9 (because Perris doesn't have the economies of scale that an airline does.) So even if it's available, the ferry fees are probably going to be pretty high.

the ferry fees are probably going to be pretty high.

Any speculation/informed estimation out there about how much a jump will cost when it does first go up in Perris, without any extra ferry cost?

edit - Also, I'll bet a lot of people are looking forward to travelling to the WFFC on the plane from LA :)
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Have their people call my people.

You all should have my number. Let's make it happen. What a debut...and the Dublin Airport has no problems handling a DC-9. Ain't life good? Now if we could only make it happen.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Any speculation/informed estimation out there about how much a jump will cost when it does first go up in Perris, without any extra ferry cost?

I *heard* between $60 and $80 per jump.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

You need to make sure you are going to get enough people to the boogie in order to cover the ferry fee and enough people to fill it. If the jump tickets cost more then, oh let's just pull a number out, let's say; $72. How many times are they going to jump the jet with a ticket price of that?