crashtested

PDF's new website www.parachutedefrance.com i'm a very bad person

I mean a year & a 1/2 wait?

Ya can make a freakin' PERSON quicker than that!! ;)

Or a 10 story office building (or an 80 story building in Dubai, I read a news story on a pre-fab building they designed).

Or, about 30% of all the R&D time required for an atom bomb using what they knew in 1940.

Lets just say you would have to think twice before agreeing to do any business with him in the future.

I wouldn't think twice...

~friends are friends & business is business, if I were selling a product or service that I could make a profit on selling to 'crash' I would certainly do so....I would have it in the back of my mind that I'd better deliver as promised or I know Me & everyone else will hear about it. :)

I mean a year & a 1/2 wait?

Ya can make a freakin' PERSON quicker than that!! ;)

We all know people that don't have skydiving careers that long! :ph34r:

What's wrong with sayin' W T F when ya get rudely Fucked?! :ph34r:

I have to agree with you on the above mate. With such a poor track record from past reports and this shocking Tale. I know i would not Buy new or secondhand from them or their dealer network. So i say well done to these people for having the courage to speak out against poor service regardless of what others may think.

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

As promised, i've changed the website a little, to make it more ying yang.

PDF need to follow through, (no bigway not shit themselves) complete there actions.

it had 3500 hits in its first day.

Shit that has not even been optimised yet.

I'd be interested to see where those hits were coming from, given that you chose to design the site in Flash. In spite of Google having released their SWF algorithm, most people I know still find it to be buggy and less-than-ideal. But you obviously know what you're doing on the design front, so I assume you know what you're doing on the SEO front.

(And I agree with kelpdiver re: shutting it up. That's pretty damn annoying).

As far as the rest of it goes, you've posted that they apologized to you. But now you've decided to leave the site up until, what, they offer you a public apology?

Here's the thing: there's a certain point where YOU start coming off as the asshole, and I think you crossed that threshold a while back. You look really sophomoric at this point, and by not saying anything publicly (thereby letting you rant and rave and dig your own hole), they actually wind up looking better/more professional. There's an old saying about getting into a fight with a pig....

You could have made so much more of an impact by stating the facts and then letting it go. By making this an emotionally-charged vendetta, I think you'll lose all relevance, credibility, and sympathetic momentum you may have once had.

But that's just my opinion. You're welcome to make this the hill you choose to die on...I'm just growing so weary of hearing about it. :S
Signatures are the new black.

I normally agree with you and disagree with crash, but i think the sight is a good idea to worn others. I personally think he should be a little PC about it and just post facts and not trash them on the sight.

What I am saying is when you travel to international boogies, boogies in europe and boogies in the USA, you will meet up with all these people. Im just saying you dont want to isolate yourself as that guys who stirs shit with terrible vendettas.

If people treat him that way over this that is there own problem! He got screwed and is dealing with it a liitle diff. than most but he is doing it the way he see's fit. Others may not agree but if he keeps it some what PC and infomal then great!

Also imagine how it must look for your dealer to have to have her manufacturer seeing one of her customers go to this.

If the manufacture looks down on this dealer for not being a fucking mind reader of crash and PDF then they are dumb mother fuckers!

As a distributor I can imagine how she feels seeing you go to these great lengths. I am certain they will be talkign to each other about this. its not fair on her. She got the bad end of the stick as well and now she has to deal with this in her relationship with one of her manufacturers.

Why would she, you or any other distributor give a shit what they think or even sell there shit just to have them screw over your customer and have to hear shit from your customer for maybe 12-18 months about them not getting there gear?
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

So much annoying audio and distracting Flash on that site as well as all the ranting text. Can you summarize here what your experience was please?

You ordered a rig and it took how long to get to you??

You were supposed to get a free canopy but what happened there??

You attribute fault to who??

Jeb is on your website because why?? Are you saying he screwed you over??

The manufacturer is at fault?? Dealer is at fault?? Jeb is at fault?? You are at fault?? DZ.com is at fault?? GWBush is at fault??

I am one of the ppl you are directing to your website and I need it spelled out in much simpler terms for me to start to understand your situation please.

thx

g.
"Altitude is birthright to any individual who seeks it"

I just finally read this thread and kept thinking, I'd jump with crash anytime. He's a bit over the top about an apology but his work here is probably going to cause pdf to improve a little (or not but hopefully it will) . Bigway, there is no permanent record... people will forget this ever happened. Look at Javelin years back. Sunpath had almost a 2 year lead time. It's all forgotten.

I kept reading down and found my self cracking up at Airtwardo's post. He said everything I was thinking about . What a great post. Funny and truthful. The line about making a person is golden.

About the audio on the site. Upper right. Click it, and the sound is off. The beeps are still there but the music is gone.

Interesting work.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Just my opinion mate. I have been proven wrong in this thread and that I am just overacting so i will leave it at that.

I hope the guy gets whatever it takes to make him happy and I hope PDF do the right thing. I thought I read they had already given him an apology somewhere but it seems that is not enough. I would just hate to be in their shoes.

Anyway, he seems to know what he is doing.

I am suprised he has not taken an advert out in the UK skydiving magazine about it. he is welcome to the credit i have left on my account with that magazine :)

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Why have you attacked and mentioned myself on your website? You say you have kept your end up (unlike Bigway), now its up to them.

Cause I voice my opinion on this website, tell you i agree that you got ripped off, tell billvon that it was not your fault or the dealers and then said i think you are going too far. Then you slander myself on your website?

Is slandering myself on your website really fair? I sell gear for a living and pride myself on the customer service I give my customers. For you to mention me on your website can be taken in many ways. I think that is a personal attack and very unfair of you.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I am wondering about two things here;

1. How does publishing that website help you in getting to a new rig (Which is what you want I presume?)? Why not just cancel the order after due time (6 months) and take your business elsewhere?

2. Why this thread didn't get locked because other than throwing bad karma balls around it doesnt do much for people interested in gear and rigging. I guess the intend of sharing a bad customer experience is a bit overdone on this one...
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

The show is not over, it’s only just begun.

I'm still working on my video; I just need some more footage.

There’s a happy ending to this all, truly inspirational.

To answer some questions,

You'd all jump with me "once", I’m fun, I like drinking, and I’m a real charmer when needed, that my job, (I also give good head)

Sure some manufactures might not deal with me, but I doubt it, why would they, there’s a global recession, people don't throw away business.
I'm fair, I did not get to this point without some consideration to which it might effect, and I came to this point Due to who it may affect.

Will you for the love of god, Think of the children?
Buying their first rig, don't get to jump for 2 years, don't get there rig, leave sport.

What’s the point someone in the back asked?
The BASE jumper from aus

Well it took a long time to get my rig, PDF had a massive problem. AND HERES THE REASON. Rather than tell everyone what was going on, and how long it really was going to take to deliver. They laid out the cookie trail. I love cookies, so I followed it for 3months, (then PDF laid out more cookies) than another 3 months, (they laid out more cookies) than another 3 months etc etc.

You ordered a rig and it took how long to get to you?? 18 months

You were supposed to get a free canopy but what happened there?? wrong colour and I’m too fat for it

You attribute fault to whom?? PDF

Jeb is on your website because why?? Are you saying he screwed you over?? do I really have to answer that? Have you thought about it at all? "Have a good old think about jeb." what’s he up to? Will he need a parachute? Would he be a good person for pdf to sponsor, considering he thinks he does not need a parachute in the near future!! It’s not funny at all now spelt it out, shame on you

Are you saying he screwed you over??
he raped me after raping New York

The funny thing is (I think it’s funny) (you may think me a little wacky) I don't care about the past, I never have in life, as it’s something you can't change, "sooo" my rig took nearly 2 years to come, it has not harmed me in any way, I did not get some incurable disease because of it.

Over to you Bigway!
Sorry did not think that one through,
I took the part about not keeping my end up, out, but I still think you may have erectile dysfunction.

The German man
1. How does publishing that website help you in getting to a new rig it has not, it will not, they may not want to sell me my rig now (which has been delivered and looks great, apart from the canopy colour which is plum, but that may have been rectified), it was a risk I was willing to take

Why not just cancel the order after due time (6 months) and take your business elsewhere? Because I was told it would be just another 3 months, and the lead time for the next rig I wanted would have been 6 months, so I would have ended up waiting 18 months for a different one.

How ironic:S

I think I get crash. Its all or nothing. Its about "not saddling for the smaller evil and getting what you wanted the way it was promised". I think he doesn't want PdF to make thing better he just want to get back on them because they didn't deliver what they agreed uppon. The only way PdF could make thing better if they build a time-machine and fix this after 3 moths of waiting. All this makes sense because he throws more mud than needed for a rig and on people that don't deserve it.

Ironically everything would have been great (in all directions) if he would have taken his business somewhere else when he discovered he's in for a "ride" with PdF. Some people get stuck in promises. I agree with what you've said and I would avoid as much as possible doing business with un-flexible people.

Crash, I recommend these things for you:
http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/6334/artoflettinggo1cd.png
http://www.marijuanagrinder.com/weed-grinder.jpg
http://collegeotr.s3.amazonaws.com/images/blogs/5f5e3f3a747bd047d352a1d0ffa1a6c9.jpg

if this experience, over the years, becomes a recurring theme for you, then know that I was right about you getting stuck in peoples promises:)[popcorn]

Lock, Dock and Two Smoking Barrelrolls!

well gary as long as your happy,

i'm happy.

Its not a gripe its an observation.

the rule i'm putting out us, Don't fuck with me, you'll have to kill me b4 i give up.

Its princables thats all, i would not let anyone mess with me face to face, i would rather take the whole lot of them down then allow that.

When do you let it go, you may ask, once i get the thing i'm looking for, which is a public apology to anyone and everyone effected, i got mine, but that's not good enough? they owe it to all.

you may think thats extreme, but i don't get in small shitty planes for the view.

When I've said "I would avoid doing business with" I've meant a more personal type of business like:
Imagine that a guy(2 jumps, 18 years old) wants me to make him a new helmet + camera box for a bogus camera he loves + a paint job and he has no idea what he wants and mostly what he wants is not good. He wants a helmet like that spartans had -and I know it's full of snag points - with a flashy metalic pinky color that I know it gets detached when the wind blows. If he's un-flexible it will mean Sorry I can't help you the man or worse some other smack will do it for him and he'll get in trouble. Being flexible is his best chance to get real good products.

This is why I like to avoid as much as possible doing business with un-flexible guys even if those people are honest ... and I'm flexible and honest on this one.:P

Besides, a bit of flexibility on his side would have kept him out of this bad experience with PdF. This is not the 1st time in his life that he sees the concept of misrepresentation. Misrepresentation had existed since the 1st deal ever(when zebra bitches were getting wild porcupine urine as magic love potions) it exists now and it will exist as long as we exists. Getting stuck on false promises is an unhealthy habit.

Lock, Dock and Two Smoking Barrelrolls!

...and I would avoid as much as possible doing business with un-flexible people.

Really....what ever happen to the customer is always right? :S

If the customer was always right, one of my customers with 7 jumps who tried to buy a 119 crossfire 2 the other day would be dead.

I agree with crash's explanations, he just went too far for my personal taste, not as far as cheech and chong having the cops raid their concert the other night thinking it was funny, but too far all the same for my personal taste.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Miscommunication on my part I guess.

I would consider the examples you guys gave as a customer in need of education regarding the purchase...but I can see how one might consider the buyer to be inflexible should they insist on a purchase not suited for them.

I thought the inflexible comment was directed toward 'Crash' and customers like him...someone that wants a particular product they've decided on and purchased with an understanding as to the terms of the sale, them-then voicing discontent when the seller doesn't meet the terms promised.

Would you guys consider a customer to be inflexible if they made the purchases you mentioned, but lets say they were appropriate purchases...and you took 5 times the expected time to deliver said items & then customer was pissed ?

I wouldn't call that customer inflexible, I would as a point of business acknowledge my screw-up and take measures to rectify situation to the customers satisfaction as best I could.

In 'Crash's' case, the guy wants a tee-shirt and an apology...from a customer satisfaction point of view that's the least the seller should do...IMHO.

Some people might just quietly take it in the ass when treated in that manner... Crash here, makes some noise and people shun him for it? :S

All I see is a guy protesting unfair treatment and questionable business practices...instead of walking in front of the factory with a sign, he created a website.

Would I have done that?
~probably not, I would have pulled out when the 1st or SECOND delivery date was missed, with out a major concession (discount) and gone to a vendor that actually wanted my business.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I dont think crash was inflexible at all.

As far as I am concerned he stayed on their cookie trail while they fucked him about. He waited 18 months for a rig. That is not inflexible.

As I have said, I think Crash got royally fucked over by PDF and they can go to hell for all i care.

I just dont agree with the lngths he has gone to, I am allowed to disagreew tih that, does not take away the fact that I think Crash should be feeling very bitter.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I will send Crash out an Icarus tshirt. Seriously, Why would Crash want to wear and market the product branding on PDF? Surely he does not want to be a walking advertisement for PDF.

Im not shunning crash. i support the guy, but come on, some people have different levels of how far they would go. Myself as a player in the industry of gear, crash went too far for me. I am sure i have done alot worse things than what crash is doing and my family may have supported me and been on my side but im also sure there is a point where i have gone too far for them as well. Everyone has their limits.

So for the last time, I dont think any less of crash for what he has done, I was just making some points from my standpoint and some opinions. I am nobody in crashs life, This thread is in a public forum inviting us all to our opinions.

Who the fuck would i think i am if I was to think my opinion would influence someone over the internet that i have never met before? I dont.

I hope he gets what he wants but i really hope he does not sell out and wear a PDF tshirt just cause he got a free tshirt. That would be like 'Johnrich' wearing a john kerry tshirt.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store