loumeinhart

wow 7th grade

You say Angel, I say Sicko.

What if the role was reversed, some male PE teacher was having sex with a 13 year old girl. What would you call him?

This is a thread that makes me sick, to think you guys are all excited about a woman that is put in a position of trust, and has sex with a young boy. You guys need to grow up. I hope you never become parents.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Agreed.

What kind of a demented pervert has sex with a child? I used to be a teacher, and I am completely disgusted by this pathetic excuse for a woman. If she was a physically disgusting-looking female, would everyone be calling her an angel, then? Would you all feel the same way if years down the road, she had sex with YOUR 13 years old? What if one of you men was married to her and knew she was cheating on you with 13 year old penis?

Jesus.

Agreed.

What kind of a demented pervert has sex with a child? I used to be a teacher, and I am completely disgusted by this pathetic excuse for a woman. If she was a physically disgusting-looking female, would everyone be calling her an angel, then? Would you all feel the same way if years down the road, she had sex with YOUR 13 years old? What if one of you men was married to her and knew she was cheating on you with 13 year old penis?

Jesus.

Geez. Sorry. :|

I'm not going to argue against the ethics of this. Yes, it is sick and wrong for an adult to have sex with a child. However comparing it to a male gym teacher having sex with with a 13yo girl has slighty different reprecussions for the child. That might emotionally scar a young girl, chances are likely that a girl in that situation only would have sex with the guy to make him happy, for a feeling of acceptance. Now, a 13 year old boy would see it in a totally different light. He will likely never beat himself up about it, instead he will brag to his friends and have a story to tell for the rest of his life.

"Oh you think that's cool? I scored with my english teacher when I was 13! Beat that."

That's just how it is. It doesn't make it any more or less wrong, but I don't feel bad for the kid. I had a couple teachers that I would have slept with given the chance.

The teacher however needs to be taken care of. The fact that she would sleep with a child is totally wrong.

I don't know. It is not that cut and dry for me. 13 is not like 11, I was lost of innocence by 13. I think it really would be a case by case thing to decide whether the 13 year old is really a child, not that I suggest we start that type of system because it would be too time consuming and costly.

Hell, 13 year olds are tried as adults many times. And, in other countries 13 year olds having babies is not uncommon and is accepted, i'm sure that in many countries at that age much more is expected of you. Just a guess, i'm really not well educated in the study of cultures.

Anyhow, I think that 27 is a bit over the top, and I think that it was wrong of her to be a willing party to that. But, I am not sure i'd feel that way if she were 21. My grandmother was 16 when she got married and had her first, and was married to my grandfather until he died (They were 9 years apart.) I think that many times statutory rape is a ridiculous charge, being as in most cases it isn't actually "rape." I think that word should be reserved for forced sex, which I doubt this was.

Ok, i'm done. I know this isn't what everyone wants to hear, but I just wanted to make it know that it isn't that cut and dry to all of us, i'm sure. This isn't molestation, and it isn't rape; and my feelings on those two subjects are VERY cut and dry!

-A

The teacher however needs to be taken care of. The fact that she would sleep with a child is totally wrong.

Agreed. Seems a little mentally screwed up to be attracted to a 13 year old at her age. I feel sorry for the husband, too. I have no idea how i'd feel if my boyfriend left me for a 13 year old. I can't even imagine. Furthermore, I just don't see how a woman of her age could have interest in a 13 year old boy.

BUT, I still don't think this is deservable of prison time. Therapy for sure, tho (for her!) If the kid were mentally retarded or slow this whole situation would speak to me differently, but a 13 year old boy knows what he's doing, i'm sure.

-A

We all know that we live in a sexist society where women who have lots of sex are belittled as sluts and men who have lots of sex are hailed as studs. And this is totally worse when you're in junior high/high school. So, based on that, a girl might have more social shit to deal with than a boy if word leaked out that s/he nailed a teacher. But I don't think it's quite accurate to say that girls are more or less suseptible to "emotional scars" than boys from having sex - regardless of whether it's with a peer or a teacher.

Personally, all obvious jokes aside, I think the more significant factors in any case like this are: What circumstances led to the relationship? Was the child forced or coerced into it? What was the nature of the relationship in its entirety? Yeah, I know, most people just want to get angry and emotional and burn the chick at the stake without thinking about it, but IMHO if the sex was consensual, then I think this is a case of really really really poor discretion on the teacher's part, and not much more. She should be fired and, perhaps, even ordered to undergo counseling, but I don't see that jail time is either warranted or productive.

Okay, I realize I treading on thin ice, so I'm gonna shut up now. :)