windcatcher

Singles...intentional about relationships w/ the opposite sex?

I'm not sure how you mean "intentional about the relationship", so I'll just blabber. I've had a female friend who turned into more for awhile then back into "just" a friend. A sweet deal in my book, no hard feelings and a closer friendship. I've got another friend who I'm physically attracted to (I'm sure we'd have great sex) but am not sure it'd go any farther. I made my thoughts clear to her and we decided not to risk the friendship. Another gal I thought was potential girlfriend material and I told her that I was really attracted to her. She told me "not now, not ever." I've since gotten to know her a little better and realize it was for the best because a relationship just wouldn't have worked.

Basically, I believe in open, honest communication. If I'm attracted to a female friend, I'll tell her before I let it substantially affect the way I treat her. If she chooses not to be my friend because I was open and honest with her, she wasn't a very good friend anyhow. If the feeling isn't mutual and she just wants to remain friends, that's cool by me. If the feeling is reciprocated, I'll try to approach it carefully such that the friendship isn't put at risk.

Did I answer the question? :)
Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Oouu, one of my favorite topics: people and relationships. Well, I wanted to post this question to get all of your guys' opinions. If you are single and friends with the opposite sex, yet attracted to them, are you intentional about the relationship? Meaning...are you looking for it to become more?

The reason I ask is because I have a few guy friends I'm attracted to, yet hope they don't think I want more just because I want to become closer friends.
What do you think?
I love this kind of talk, so I figure I'd hear what opinions the majority of you hold.;)

Most guys like being friends with a woman, but would jump at the chance to do her if she offered.

We're a bit like that.

because I love people and don't want to hurt them.

Screw that. I love people, but enjoy being mean and making them cry. :D:D

:(

Me - I just enjoy having as many friends as I can.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

hey now--
I am cool just remaining friends, not even bringing up the whole dating thing w/ the guys; I just wanted to see if YOU guys are intentional w/ your relationships. Hmm, don't single guys try and "woo" their famle friends they find cute?haha:D

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Friends with benefits = Best of both!!

Can be but really doesnt go the distance
one of the 2 will always fuck it up:(

yeah it works until one gets into a relationship and cuts off the benefits part and the other becomes jealous. that isn't pretty

My friends with benefits situations never turned into jealousy-ridden crap. I didn't want to date them. They didn't want to date me. If that's how it really is, then there would be no jealousy. People have to be honest with themselves and each other for friends with benefits to work.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

am I just leading him on

Only you can really answer that question. Are you letting him believe that Someday it may be more?
Do you think he wants more?

We can be pretty oblivious to the obvious sometimes. It is best to be completely open about these things and be crystal clear. It is usually a safe bet that a guy would be interested in sex.

Start with something like "I Love hanging out with you but You aint getting any!! Got it?";)
Sounds cold, But we dont pick up on hints so well sometimes.

but if I think the guy is really cool and I enjoy hanging out w/ him, am I just leading him on?

If you are not honest with them from point A...then yes. It could be assumed as such. You need to tell him that you are just friends and nothing else.

I don't know about that.... I mean why doesn't the guy tell the girl if he's only interested in being friends and nothing else?

This can be really embarrassing for either party if one of them misunderstands the other too. I was at a party just last Friday where I was waiting for the bathroom to open up and I was talking to this guy. I wasn't flirting with him or anything, just talking. All of a sudden he just blurts out "I have a girlfriend". I was like..uh ok...was I flirting with you or something? I just started laughing but it was super uncomfortable because I wasn't even flirting with him.

I have tons of guy friends. I'd hate to have to stop and tell each one that it's just that. Friends.

Then again it is kinda fun to tease them.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

yeah it works until one gets into a relationship and cuts off the benefits part and the other becomes jealous. that isn't pretty

Hehe, recent experience you need to share with the class? Dr. Sunshine is open for counseling!! :D

ha wouldn't you wish to know:)

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

Oouu, one of my favorite topics: people and relationships. Well, I wanted to post this question to get all of your guys' opinions. If you are single and friends with the opposite sex, yet attracted to them, are you intentional about the relationship? Meaning...are you looking for it to become more?

The reason I ask is because I have a few guy friends I'm attracted to, yet hope they don't think I want more just because I want to become closer friends.
What do you think?
I love this kind of talk, so I figure I'd hear what opinions the majority of you hold.;)

Most guys like being friends with a woman, but would jump at the chance to do her if she offered.

We're a bit like that.

ahmen to that B| well maybe 50% of the time

Now that I see that there's so much confusion, maybe I'll clarify my position.

I tend to befriend people if I'm attracted to them as a means of trying to make them interested in me. Is that clear? I don't know about all of this leading on stuff or whatever.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Hehe, recent experience you need to share with the class? Dr. Sunshine is open for counseling!!
-------------------------------------------------------------
ha wouldn't you wish to know

i was just trying to help....and if showing you that friends with benefits can work...well, whatever it takes to help a freind. :o:D:D

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Besides, I only have your word for it. I have not personal verified any of these spurious claims

Well, what does that mean? Are you saying that you don't trust me? See, I'm pretty sure that you're a friend, but sometimes it seems like you can make these witty comments, and I'm not sure if I should laugh, or if they mean something more...like your hatred towards me. So, I'm not really sure what to do. I think what you're trying to say is that you're having problems with communicating your real feelings for me because you're afraid of me. Yes, I know, I come across this all the time. Men are scared of my superpowers and the ability to turn back time. Is that why you're intimidated? Or are you just saying witty things to me because you were trying to talk to me again, and the last time when you didn't make a witty remark, I didn't reply? Is that what it's all about?

:);):P
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Buried: sure I'll be your "friend";)

Kelel: I tend to befriend people if I'm attracted to them as a means of trying to make them interested in me. Is that clear? I don't know about all of this leading on stuff or whatever.

So, are you saying you only befriend guys you are attracted to? See, for me, I can hang out with a guy and have fun, even if I'm not attracted to him whatsoever. I don't really care what he looks like, just if he'll make a good friend. Guess I'm weird?:SI never really try and get a guy to like me; if he likes me, he does, if not, oh well.

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

you know what. there is an easy way to remedy your problem.. just become friends with blind guys. it fixes the physical attraction problems anyways:P

see you mention attraction and we are all talking about physical attraction. what about mental attraction?