mnealtx

DZ.com weight loss - week 6!

Hey Mikey....I've got something for you that would improve your flexibility....and it would probably take about 20 minutes also...but be a HELL of a lot more fun than Pilates.
------------------------------------------------------------
I think I'd have to go for the endurance route, in that case....

Hmmm....do you think you can keep "up" with me? :)
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

I gained 1. Damned pizza!!! >:(

On a brighter note, I won't have to worry about any weight gain for NEXT Friday because I won't be getting any fattening stuff for Valentine's Day! :)
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

ya there's a couple of websites. I'll post them on here just in case anyone else is interested in checking them out.

This one is good for food insight: http://www.nutritiondata.com/ It has a lot of food on there, and even some fast food resturants as well. Doesn't have chinese food though (i had some yesterday, was trying to figure that out), but most other stuff.

This website tells a lot about exercising, and calories being burnt by doing different activities (post whoring isn't an option though) http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.html The activity list is long, and very good (well I think it is). These are the 2 sights that I've really found that are free :)
I understand what you mean about the husband thing not gaining a pound. My boyfriend is 6', and weghs 135, and trust me... HE definitly eats a lot! And he obviously complains that he doesn't weigh enough, and me... lol, i just want to lose it. It's not fair!!!:S

CReW Skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Nice work! That's a big one to get past.

I should clarify my last post: I'm not really dieting or counting calories, I'm just really trying hard to eat properly have smaller portions and I've ramped up my exercise routine.

I haven't gone more than a day without hitting a drive-thru (sometimes twice!) in ages but I haven't gone to a fast food place since this began. I haven't even felt like it!

Anyway, I'm 4 pounds away from breaking 170...I've been here before but I have never gotten lower....I haven't weighed less than 170 since I was 11 years old...(Unfortunately I'm not joking either)

I'm glad to see so many are back and staying motivated. It started to feel a little lonely here but this week had a great turnout!

Way to go people!

I was really bad from Friday thru Monday....eating & drinking things that I shouldn't & not eexercsing much ( Saturday = art galleries w/ snacks & wine & beer, Sunday = Superbowl party, Monday = homebrew club visited local brewery & spent the evening sampling.B|)..so maybe I won't check in til next week....at least I'm back on track now, not drinking & back to the gym again.

:SB|
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I'm not really trying to lose weight, but I'm trying to get back in shape because I am SO out of shape right now... mostly from drinking too much and not getting enough exercise in the last few years. So I have cut back on the drinking and set myself a goal of doing aerobic exercise at least two hours a week. I'm three weeks into it right now and doing good so far... Even with just three weeks of regular exercise, I can already feel the difference (especially in my stress level!)... and I'll probably start doing more than two hours a week after I've done this for a while, but I thought I should set a realistic goal to start off with (more likely to stick with it that way!)...

So I've been following your threads to help keep myself motivated too. Thanks, and good job with your weight loss so far! :)

Great job!

I'm gonna start back with the Pilates on Monday... once I'm back into that, I'll start adding some aerobics to get my CVA back....

dude, if you really want to lose weight, Pilates ain't gonna do it.
Here's some tips: Run. Run. Run.
To quench those cravings for sweets and any kind of hunger: drink lots of diet soda. It will give you a sense of fullness(moreso than anything else you can ingest) -with zero calories.Keep busy so you don't munch on things (at work, at home, and so on). Obvious-don't buy any junk food. Eat out as rarely as possible.
These rules, and a diet low on fat, high on fiber and vitamins is what helped me lose weight. Really fast. Really easy. I think people who complain they can't lose weight are...well, only world I can think of is inferior.
Waiting for the flamefest :ph34r:

And..... it's Monday... Happy V-day everyone!

Ok, y'all check in! (That means you people via PM, too! )

My numbers: 198.8 bodyfat 26.6 (ugh)

DZ.com cumulative:
Week 6: -13.8 lbs
Total: -152.8 lbs
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I typically only weigh once a week on Fridays but this morning I couldn't resist the urge to step on the scale.

Down 3 since Friday!!
That puts me at 198!! And down 7 altogether.

I put an old picture of me up on the fridge of my goal and it's been a real motivater.

On a side note did anyone watch the Dateline on last night with the 5 people trying to loose weight for their high school reunion? I thougt it was really good. But I wanted them to say which ones were able to maintain it afterwards and had made real changes instead of temporary ones. The woman who went vegetarian did an amazing job, maybe that's what I should try.

Christina

I typically only weigh once a week on Fridays but this morning I couldn't resist the urge to step on the scale.

Down 3 since Friday!!
That puts me at 198!! And down 7 altogether.

WOOHOO!!! Fantastic!!!

I put an old picture of me up on the fridge of my goal and it's been a real motivater.

Anything that keeps you focussed on your goals is good!

On a side note did anyone watch the Dateline on last night with the 5 people trying to loose weight for their high school reunion? I thougt it was really good. But I wanted them to say which ones were able to maintain it afterwards and had made real changes instead of temporary ones. The woman who went vegetarian did an amazing job, maybe that's what I should try.

Christina

In one of the other weightloss threads, Tigra and I were discussing controlled carb diets. While I'm not saying it's the only way to go, it's been working well for me. Not only have I lost ~45lbs, but my cholesterol has dropped by 1/3 and my triglycerides by almost 1/2. You may want to look it over, do some research for yourself and see if you want to try it.

Good luck, whichever way you decide... and great job on the weight loss so far!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706