mnealtx

DZ.com weight loss - week 6!

DZ.com numbers - Week 5
Weight loss - week: -27.6 lbs

Mikey! Did you remove bones from your body?:o:|
Pretty amazing...

Week 6 could be better though...;)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

DZ.com numbers - Week 5
Weight loss - week: -27.6 lbs

Mikey! Did you remove bones from your body?:o:|
Pretty amazing...

Week 6 could be better though...;)

Nope...that's the cumulative numbers for last week from everyone... my numbers are up above that. Put almost a pound back on, but bodyfat came down nicely...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Down 1 to 127.....it is slow but at least it is going in the right direction. I have another week or two before I get to do body fat comp at the gym, but I know some of this fat has to have been replaced with muscle cause I hurt too much from working out for it to stay the same. :ph34r:

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Way to go!! Slow and steady loss is best for keeping it off, anyway!

I'm going to be starting back with the Pilates, probably Monday.. back is FINALLY better! So, I'll be joining you in the "ooch-ouch" club!
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I'm up 2 for the week. I exercised every day, though, so when it does come off, it'll stay off.
so it's back to 10/0 >:(

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Not too shabby for drinking slightly too much at the superbowl. Even more exciting news though, I've finally got my resting pulse back under 70. After my injury it was in the mid 70s and was bugging the heck out of me!!!! It helps to work out :):)
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Most excellent, it sounds like you have your plans all set!!! That'll be a great workout, and really show as well!:)
CReW Skies,

Well, I'm down 1 lb for the week. Not too shabby considering this weekend was Mardi Gras.

So that's -4 altogether. Now I just have to avoid all that Valentine's day junk this week.

Started at 205
Current: 201
Goal: 150

Sigh, still so far to go...

I've been doing 45 minutes on my excerise bike 5 days a week. I've cut out almost all beer & chocolate and am eating healthier choices. I can't afford to join a gym and I don't have a lot of time. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to kick it up a notch to see more results?

In the past I've always found that if there's any event I want to train for I'm more motivated in working out in order to perform for the event instead of just to lose weight. But I haven't found any event to train for. I hate running so 5ks, etc are out. Any other suggestions? I thought about a short adventure race but that's typically 2 people and my husband refuses to work out.

That's my other problem, he doesn't work out, he drinks beer and and eats terrible and doesn't like it when I cook healthy for us both. I've started to get healthier alternatives for myself, so when he wants chips, if I'm feeling tempted I'll eat a handful of mini rise cakes instead, or I'll eat a yogurt when he's eating ice cream. Any other suggestions on how to eat and excercise healthier when your other half is no help? I refuse to cook two seperate meals for us.

Christina

I am down to 183 with clothes on!
Stomach has not changed shape very much.
I can tell BUT no one else can.

I feel alot better than I look!

This week I'm eating just fruits and veggies
workout every morning! (not just 2x a week)
I did have some alcohol (whiskey) thru put last week!

Well the one thing that I have just started to do, is watch my calorie intake. I try to keep it on the lower side. Assuming that you burn 1500 calories of 'normal' activities, then do the exercising on top of that. I try not to eat more than that, then the exercising on top of that helps. I also haven't cut EVERY BAD thing out (since i know i'll go back to chocolate and beer...), but just cut down on it. It seems to kinda be working for me. Last week I also started a log book on what I was eating every day, with a calorie count next to it. That way when you "cheat" you feel bad (at least I do). There's a few good websites out there that have tons of information on calories of foods out there. That's how I'm starting to do it. This week was a bad week for me, but I still managed to go down 2 pounds. These ideas may sound crazy, but i THINK they work. I'm not positive, but seems to be doing well for me.

As for your husband, that's a tough one. My boyfriend is thin, it's ridiculous because he barely does anything during the winter, but manages to not have to worry about losing weight like all us NORMAL people. It is tough in the beginning to not give in to having a beer with him, or if he's having ice cream at night or chocolate, or whatnot, but if you can manage to do that a few times, you slowly build up the will power. At least I have anyway. Or maybe just cut back slightly. Just some ideas.

Hang in there, you're making progress, that's what's real important. You can do this. We all know you can! :)

CReW Skies,

It's just the 20 minute workout, but if it helps with flexibility, I'm all for it! My back and legs are so tight it's unreal...

>:(Hey Mikey....I've got something for you that would improve your flexibility....and it would probably take about 20 minutes also...but be a HELL of a lot more fun than Pilates. :$ >:( :P
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Damn........I should have been in on this. I think I gained about 10 lbs while being a bum in Florida. Too much beer and too many steaks. I thought to myself how great life is when I got up this morning and had 2 scrambled eggs, the leftover half of my Filet Mignon, and some potatoes for breakfast. Hope we don't do the PT test till the second week of training. :D

Thanks for the recommendations. Do you have any particular websites that are easy to use in finding the calorie content of stuff? In the past I found it difficult in estimating how many calories I was actually eating and I think I under estimated a lot so it never worked. Or I'd forget to right down that handful of nuts I ate sitting at my bosses desk. Is there an easy way to keep track of it all without going insane?

I'm slowly building up some will power with the husband thing and having the healthier "alternatives" to snack on when I'm tempted help a lot. I just wish he'd be more willing to go for a walk with me every now and then or go to a park to play, just be more active. It's hard to get motivated when he just sits on the coach and never gains a pound.

Thanks again,
Christina

Well, I'm down 1 lb for the week. Not too shabby considering this weekend was Mardi Gras.

Hey, it's a start!! You can do it!

So that's -4 altogether. Now I just have to avoid all that Valentine's day junk this week.

Started at 205
Current: 201
Goal: 150

Sigh, still so far to go...

I've been doing 45 minutes on my excerise bike 5 days a week. I've cut out almost all beer & chocolate and am eating healthier choices. I can't afford to join a gym and I don't have a lot of time. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to kick it up a notch to see more results?

The aerobics is super - but to build muscle (which will burn calories 24/7) you'll need some sort of resistance training. Even something as simple as a couple of cans of juice can help...

In the past I've always found that if there's any event I want to train for I'm more motivated in working out in order to perform for the event instead of just to lose weight. But I haven't found any event to train for. I hate running so 5ks, etc are out. Any other suggestions? I thought about a short adventure race but that's typically 2 people and my husband refuses to work out.

Not sure of what I can say there - I'm bad about staying with programs, myself. I'm sure there'll be people chiming in to make good suggestions, tho.

That's my other problem, he doesn't work out, he drinks beer and and eats terrible and doesn't like it when I cook healthy for us both. I've started to get healthier alternatives for myself, so when he wants chips, if I'm feeling tempted I'll eat a handful of mini rise cakes instead, or I'll eat a yogurt when he's eating ice cream. Any other suggestions on how to eat and excercise healthier when your other half is no help? I refuse to cook two seperate meals for us.

Christina

Yep - cook healthy for both of ya! If he doesn't like it, he can make a meal for himself!
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

It's just the 20 minute workout, but if it helps with flexibility, I'm all for it! My back and legs are so tight it's unreal...

>:(Hey Mikey....I've got something for you that would improve your flexibility....and it would probably take about 20 minutes also...but be a HELL of a lot more fun than Pilates. :$ >:( :P

I think I'd have to go for the endurance route, in that case.... :P;)
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706