CanuckInUSA

Supersize Me - the movie

The treatment that some food animals get is not much better than torture. If you think animal torture is wrong because of what it does to the animal, trust me, this is wrong too.

Nothing wrong with eating humanely-treated meat. But I'd rather not pay other people to treat animals poorly.

To make veal, the legs of baby calves are tied down with 6" ropes so that the meat stays tender because they can't walk around. They live like that until they're slaughtered. It's not the killing, it's the way they live until then.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Are your kids old enough to be real Fat yet?
Are you obese?
I use to eat Mc donalds all the time, i was always a very skinny person too,..........then one day it all just hit me!
I am fine now and do not eat it, as it is an aweful food and if you watched the movie, you would realise that the movie is true!
Do you tell me that the movie is not true?

One other thing i dont get.....McD's has a big problem with everyone thinking you get fat from it, so why on earth do you guys employ the fattest people i have ever seen?
Okay so they were probably fat before they were employed but why do you employ them? do you not see the image that gives off when you walk in a store? when i use to walk in and wait in line, those people would put me off eating in your store and i would just walk out the door.

It seems you guys have a fat problem with your food and you do not market your company very well if you employ people that are not just fat but hugely Obese.

Fat is disgusting, it does not need to be there, though i feel for the people that have a hard time with it.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

<--snip--> When they raise their chickens for your nuggets, they stack the chicken cages as many high and wide as they can so that the chickens shit all over each other. They stuff about 4 chickens in each tiny cage so they are litterally sitting on top of eachother. To keep them from pecking eachother to death, they tear their beaks off. <--snip>-->

just a quick correction, the chickens aren't raised in conditions like this, they are, however, transported to the processing plant like this. most commercial chicken barns are well ventilated, heated, cooled, lit etc. so that the chickens stay healthy and fatten up quickly. the whole point is to make money after all. the conditions you describe would lead to some pretty skinny, sickly chickens. not much money in them.

the beaks are not torn off, half of the top beak is removed with a hot blade, so that the wound is cauterized instantly. it isn't nice, but it is more humane than letting them peck each other to death.

i'm not defending the mcnugget though. if you read the ingredients on the mcnuggets (or the mcchicken patty), the first ingredient is chicken meat, the second is chicken skin. :P
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

>As for HOOKIT, I'm not in it for the money.

You run a McDonald's as a humanitarian service?

>I make pennies per sale. I provide a service for people on the go.

That's how McDonald's makes their money. A lot of very cheap food with low profit margins on each item; they make up for it in quantity.

>My kids also love it. They eat it at least once a day and they are fine,
>healthy, not overweight children.

Your children could smoke three packs a day and also seem like fine, healthy, not overweight children. But if you checked back in with them in 30 years, it might seem like smoking wasn't such a good idea.

I work behind the counter of the largest flight school in the area. On weekends, instructors will go down the street to McD's to grab lunch really quick between flights. When they come in, the smell is pretty good, but when they are finished eating, they put their trash in the big trash can behind the desk. After about an hour is starts to smell soooo bad. I used to go eat McD's myself, but not anymore, I cannot stand the smell. As for the instructors, I make them take their trash outside into the dumpster now lol. I cannot stand the thought of eating that crap anymore. They just put a new subway in just down the street, and more and more of the instructors are eating there now, which isn't so bad.
--------------------------------------------------------
"Just follow your heart, that's what I do."
-Napolean Dynamite

Your children could smoke three packs a day and also seem like fine, healthy, not overweight children.

not likely. 3 packs a day causes health problems: Smokers wake up coughing every morning. Then they have a cig & get up & get on with their day, not realizing that it isn't normal & healthy to wake up hacking in the morning.

But if you checked back in with them in 30 years, it might seem like smoking wasn't such a good idea.

what's your point? eating at McD's is not the same as smoking.

It's true that McD's has a lot of fatty, salty food with little fiber. But some people on this thread are really taking it to extremes.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Your children could smoke three packs a day and also seem like fine, healthy, not overweight children.

not likely. 3 packs a day causes health problems: Smokers wake up coughing every morning. Then they have a cig & get up & get on with their day, not realizing that it isn't normal & healthy to wake up hacking in the morning.

But if you checked back in with them in 30 years, it might seem like smoking wasn't such a good idea.

what's your point? eating at McD's is not the same as smoking.

It's true that McD's has a lot of fatty, salty food with little fiber. But some people on this thread are really taking it to extremes.

Dude, McDonalds is bad for you. End of story. There is no extreme. It is not healthy. If you were to eat it like some people smoke (frequency and proportional amount), there is a good chance it would kill you.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.