ACMESkydiver

Hey, where can my husband complete AFF 1-8 on a weekend??

Well? He just asked me that (WOO-HOO and here I thought he would never jump again!! :)
It won't be anytime soon, we need to save up our pennies for it, but I would forgoe jumping for months & get another job if I could just get him in the air again...:P

So maybe late summer, early fall...ideas?

Oh...time-out. He will NOT do a tandem jump first. Any place that requires a tandem in their progression is out. -He's done about 40 S/L jumps in the military (I know it doesn't apply, but just so you know) and he was on a student S/L progression with me through 10 sec delay when he stopped jumping. So 7-8 jumps I think? That was a year ago, so it won't count, but just that he's been through a first jump course and isn't a stranger to exiting a plane whilest it's in flight. ;)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Come down to Perris or Elsinore. If the weather is good, and you tell them your goals, they could help you to set realistic goals/plans. At Elsinore, you may be able to get more attention and catering to because it's a slightly smaller DZ, but either place has amazing instructors and lots of flying. Perris also has more planes flying during the week, if that is needeed. The tunnel is also a great tool used by both DZs, in case your husband runs into any problems. (Also, it would be nice to meet you, if you came out this way. :)

Come down to Perris or Elsinore. If the weather is good, and you tell them your goals, they could help you to set realistic goals/plans. At Elsinore, you may be able to get more attention and catering to because it's a slightly smaller DZ, but either place has amazing instructors and lots of flying. Perris also has more planes flying during the week, if that is needeed. The tunnel is also a great tool used by both DZs, in case your husband runs into any problems. (Also, it would be nice to meet you, if you came out this way. :)

Groovy! I have been looking on Elsinore's page, and their AFF program looks pretty good...and while there, (If I go with him...who knows, somebody needs to watch the children! :P) I could perhaps get my coach rating whilest there so I could jump with him when we get back. :)
~Jaye

I'm a bit biased, but I'd recommend Perris. Weather's good most of the year, nice facilities, there's a tunnel onsite and he'd be jumping with highly experienced instructors regardless of which school (Perris Valley school or Jim Wallace's school) he chooses.

Regardless of where, I'd suggest doing it on two or three midweek days instead of a weekend though. Weekends are usually the busiest times for schools; he'd be more likely to get 3-4 student jumps a day in midweek.

Regardless of where, I'd suggest doing it on two or three midweek days instead of a weekend though. Weekends are usually the busiest times for schools; he'd be more likely to get 3-4 student jumps a day in midweek.

That's good to know, thanks!
~Jaye

If the Texas weather would not be a pain in the ass right now, Aggieland could do it no problem. We prefer to do a tandem progression, but we'll teach you in any method you want...including IAD.:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I've gotten coaching at both DZs, and did my AFF at Perris. I'd pick Perris.

I've done coached jumps as a student at both because my home DZ closed while I was still a student, and I completely preferred Elsinore (which I first went to after going to Perris)! :D Honestly, in the summer, if it's on the weekend, nobody sits around waiting at Elsinore. :ph34r: If it's during the week, then there is definitely more of a wait, but it's still not bad at all for a student during the summer. Either place is good!

I don't know Jaye. Let me think for a minute. They have a 206, 2 182's and a Caravan at that time of year. Or are you mad at somebody? Or just too good to jump with me.:P

"If you have time to panic, you have time to do something more productive."
Josh Whipple 7/15/70-2/10/05

Yeah. Really. How many days were you weathered out last year? How about Eloy?

Then when the rain subsides in Perris at least you have a nice swamp to break your fall. :P

Speaking of swamp. That's what our landing area looks like right now. But our pond is sooooooo full! We did manage to get a few tandems up. And a few up jumpers. Oh yeah. 206!

Seriously though. I used to chase the sun every winter. I've lived in Eloy and So. Cal. (SD, Perris, Elsinore). Eloy has the best weather. If you like blue skies that is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Yeah. Really. How many days were you weathered out last year? How about Eloy?

Me personaly? 5. And 2 of those were trips to Nor Cal:P

Then when the rain subsides in Perris at least you have a nice swamp to break your fall.

Correction. Multiple swoop ponds.

Eloy has the best weather. If you like blue skies that is.

Which is why I didn't see a certian Craig G. here fleeing the weather today in the tunnel.:D

Seriously, Eloy does have great weather too......just not this weekend as is with what seems to be this whole bit of the country.

Too bad. Sounds like it's putting a crimp in the FF Money Meet.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Come down to Perris or Elsinore. If the weather is good,

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not this year darlin...
Jaye.. take him to Eloy.. the level of instructors there is UNBELIEVABLE.. great staff super aircraft.. and we can jump our asses off.

Hey, where can my husband complete AFF 1-8 on a weekend??

On a 2-day weekend, I doubt anywhere. Keep in mind the First Jump Course takes most of a day and most students only get level 1 in after the FJC that day. Some can get in level 2 as well, but even still, to complete the other 6 levels in one day is a lot.
One thing that Perris does very well is staff accordingly to what is scheduled, and they don't overschedule. It's very rare that an AFF student has to wait. That being said, you should call ahead and schedule, and let them know what your/his plans and goals are. They will do their best to accomodate you. And the very off-chance that it's bad weather, the tunnel is walking distance. And the AFF instructors can coach in the tunnel. And I'd highly recommend tunnel time for anyone sometime before level 4 anyway. It will help with body position and being comfortable in freefall, which can be hurdles to passing level 4.
Perris's number is (951) 657-1664. If you allow 3 days, you have a much more realistic chance of completing AFF. What time of year are you thinking about? Days are short right now, and more chance of bad weather anywhere you go. Perris, Elsinore and Eloy usually have the best weather, but nothing is guaranteed.
peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

I don't know Jaye. Let me think for a minute. They have a 206, 2 182's and a Caravan at that time of year. Or are you mad at somebody? Or just too good to jump with me.:P

THPFTFTFTFFTFFT!!! I LOVE to jump with you!! We haven't done a fast-fallin' belly-kids jumpy-jump in quite a while now...;)

Weather rarely cooperates with us here, Rob...silly boy, you know that! :P 8 jumps in 3 days...we couldn't even log those kind of numbers on S/L progression, and that's when we were trying. Besides man...we need some dang warmth!! Sunshine!!! B| There's no place like home, but sometimes you need to go see the world. -And by the time we have enough money to do this, we will really be needing a breather. :|

(Oh yeah, everyone, forgot to mention that it's prolly be a 3-day weekend. Not sure time of year)
~Jaye

O.K. I'll give you that the weather can be unpredictable but at the end of summer it usually is good and I'd say you stand a good chance of doing it. Hell I did 7 jumps this weekend, and yesterday and today I was in no mood to be jumping alot so I'm sure I could have doubled that number.

"If you have time to panic, you have time to do something more productive."
Josh Whipple 7/15/70-2/10/05