Ron

Trojan Condom Question.

I have a question....Who was the dumbass that named a Condom Trojan?

Trojan:

A native or inhabitant of ancient Troy.
A person of courageous determination or energy.

OK *maybe* a good definition. Being courageous and determined to get laid.....

But:

Of or relating to a celestial body, especially an asteroid, that is in one of the Lagrangian points of a two-body system. Used especially of any of a group of asteroids that orbit at Jupiter's distance from the sun, but 60° ahead of or behind the planet.

Ok, nothing there

Work like a Trojan....

OK a hard worker...*Could* work, I guess.

But:

adj : of or relating to the ancient city of Troy or its inhabitants; "Trojan cities" [syn: Trojan] n 1: a native of ancient Troy [syn: Trojan, Dardan, Dardanian] 2: a program that appears desirable but actually contains something harmful; "the contents of a trojan can be a virus or a worm"; "when he downloaded the free game it turned out to be a trojan horse" [syn: trojan horse]

That right there fits and is bad....

But the #1 reason Trojan is a bad name for a Condom.

Think Trojan horse. Its what most people think about when they think of Trojan....A bunch of folks snuck into a neat package and then once inside broke out and wrecked havoc.

Now think about Sperm.

Anyone else think the idea of a bunch of guys (sperm) getting into a neat package (condom) then once inside (use your imagination here;)) break out and wreak havoc (think 9 mths later)...Is a stupid way to sell a condom?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

n 3: any agent (person or animal or microorganism) that carries and transmits a disease; "mosquitos are vectors of malaria and yellow fever"; "fleas are vectors of the plague"; "aphids are transmitters of plant diseases"; "when medical scientists talk about vectors they are usually talking about insects"

So skydivers that jump Vectors are carriers of a disease?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

***Main Entry: jav·e·lin
Function: noun

1 : a light spear thrown as a weapon of war or in hunting
2 : a slender usually metal shaft at least 260 centimeters long that is thrown for distance in a field event

Isn't a Javelin something that flies through the air and sticks in the ground ?
:o

Mirage:

1 : an optical effect that is sometimes seen at sea, in the desert, or over a hot pavement, that may have the appearance of a pool of water or a mirror in which distant objects are seen inverted, and that is caused by the bending or reflection of rays of light by a layer of heated air of varying density

B|

Um...

Ic·a·rus ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kr-s)
n.
Greek Mythology. The son of Daedalus who, in escaping from Crete on artificial wings made for him by his father, flew so close to the sun that the wax with which his wings were fastened melted, and he fell into the Aegean Sea.

As far as the condom goes - I think they are refering to the Trojan warrior, not one particular event associated with them. Their commercials use 'Trojan Man' the warrior as the spokesperson.

:D :D :D God, I so love your intellectual posts, Ron and Bill! Hugs, you two...Miss ya!

You are obviously in need of a Florida vacation.
:) :)

Yep...I'm in need of a Florida vacation. You'll see me for sure in April. B|
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Ic·a·rus ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kr-s)
n.
Greek Mythology. The son of Daedalus who, in escaping from Crete on artificial wings made for him by his father, flew so close to the sun that the wax with which his wings were fastened melted, and he fell into the Aegean Sea.

OK so now we know not to jump a Javelin (an object that flies through the air and sticks into the ground) with an Icarus canopy (That will melt if deployed to high).

Maybe with a CYPRES

cypres

\Cy`pres"\ (s?`pr?" or s?`pr?s"), n. [OF., nearly.] (Law) A rule for construing written instruments so as to conform as nearly to the intention of the parties as is consistent with law. --Mozley & W.

So you jump out of a plane with a fair contract?

As far as the condom goes - I think they are refering to the Trojan warrior, not one particular event associated with them. Their commercials use 'Trojan Man' the warrior as the spokesperson.

Yes, but most think of the fact that a bunch of those Trojan warriors hid in a "Package" and busted out at night.

Still I think its kinda a stupid thing to name a condom.

I like the little note that they put on the packages about the "reservoir" tip. I like to tell the clerk, "yes, I'll be needing reservoir capacity this evening". :)

Maybe they could name it Hoover, after the Hoover Dam. That way, the reservoir could be behind the dam. I used to know a girl with the nickname of Hoover, but I think that was from the vacuum cleaner. :ph34r:

Still I think its kinda a stupid thing to name a condom.

what do you think would be a good name??? and why???:S

Alcatraz Condoms... Nobody has escaped and lived, as far as anybody knows! [Sly]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

what do you think would be a good name??? and why???

"Maximum" as in Maximum Security, or Maximum enjoyment.
"Armor". As in Armor plating.
"Guardian"
"Posse roundup.";)
"Super Shield"
"Not your Babies Daddy";)

Props to Billy for: Alcatraz Condoms... Nobody has escaped and lived, as far as anybody knows!

Well, the siege of Troy lasted ten years or so, according to Homer's Illiad (Illium being the native term for Troy).
It all started because someone nabbed another guy's wife.
Loads of heroes went down during the struggle.

Dunno if any of that is relevant, the Hollywood version is, of course, kinda unfaithfull to the original story.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson