Johnny_Cage12

Audible and wrist mount altimeter setup?

Hi all,

I am in the process of buying my own gear and have come to the altimeter stage and need some advice.

I have always jumped just the wrist mounted Galaxy and have had nothing but good experiences. I will be buying a helmet soon and am interested in getting an audible altimeter as the reviews that I have read sound awesome. I would prefer that one of the altimeters have a computer for logging jump characteristics.

What setup and combination of altimeters do you all use and what recommendations can you make?

Thanks for the help!

John

I use 3.
Altimaster in mudflap - easy to see when tracking after breakoffs, wingsuit and freefly.
Viso on the inside of wrist - for under canopy and freefly
Protrack in helmet - for making noise and logging
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

I really enjoy my Neptune and Optima. I like the Neptune for the logging and updatability, and the Optima for the customer service and accuracy.

I'll second this, though the Optima's awesome canopy alarms deserve mention.
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.

I really enjoy my Neptune and Optima. I like the Neptune for the logging and updatability, and the Optima for the customer service and accuracy.

+1.

To the OP, I use:

Optima - alerts in freefall & under canopy. Great customer service.

Neptune - on wrist. It's digital for readability, and I like the logging (though I wish it was USB-compatible). Great customer service, too.

Altimaster Galaxy - on mudflap, mounted via The Wedge. For tracking & wingsuit stuff.
Signatures are the new black.

I use:

Alti-Track on wrist: Love the analog look plus loads of jump data that I still not sure what to do with...(and yes I have jump-track and still wondering why..lol)

Optima in helmet: works great in freefall/under canopy, very easy to configure beep altitudes using numbered profiles

Visio on mudflap using bonehead mount: Great accurate digital display, ez to see while tracking and under canopy.

good luck
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."

I use 3.
Altimaster in mudflap - easy to see when tracking after breakoffs, wingsuit and freefly.
Viso on the inside of wrist - for under canopy and freefly
Protrack in helmet - for making noise and logging

yeap, similar for me too....

Altimaster (barometric) on wrist
Skytronic-GFX (Digital) also on wrist until my mudflap arrives - for canopy heights
ProTrack in helmet.

Seems like a good set up for me.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

+1.

To the OP, I use:

Optima - alerts in freefall & under canopy. Great customer service.

Neptune - on wrist. It's digital for readability, and I like the logging (though I wish it was USB-compatible). Great customer service, too.

Altimaster Galaxy - on mudflap, mounted via The Wedge. For tracking & wingsuit stuff.

check out the N3, its also waterproof..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

check out the N3, its also waterproof will be waterproof when it finally arrives..

Fixed that for ya... ;):P

i was joking with jenn the other day, said, i'll post a thread, saying the N3's finally arrived, business was slow and they had to get rid of the pile.. PUT AN ORDER IN!!!

:D:D:D

i fucking want it! :)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda