MattM

My new Trance mix

Mixed this trance/techno up a few days ago. Let me know what you think. I'm getting better and better with my mixing.

http://s119845912.onlinehome.us/DJ_Mik_-_Bridge_2_Forever.zip

DJ Mik - Bridge 2 Forever

1. Reflekt feat Delline Bass - Need to Feel Loved
2. Iio - Runaway (Ford Club Remix)
3. ATB - Marrakech (Alex M.O.R.P.H.S Synthetic Empire Mix)
4. Whiteroom feat Amy Cooper - Someday (Enmass Remix)
5. Motorcycle - As the Rush Comes (Fear Force Remix)
6. U2 - New Years Day (Ferry Corsten Vocal Extended mix)
7. Conspiracy - Bridge 2 Forever (Original Mix)
8. Jan Johnston and Serge Devent - Transparant (Benz and MD Remix)
9. Lost Witness feat Tiff Lacey - Home (Mike Shiver Mix)

Let me know what you think!

Matt

Nice one, Amish. I'm only a couple of songs in but I'm liking it so far.

I'd like it even more if it were split into separate tracks, but that's just me.:)
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

There is a cue file included in the Zip file. You can use Nero to burn this into a full cd with all 9 tracks.

Hope you enjoy it. B|

Yeah, but I'd hate to have to rip to WAV and then back to MP3 as it'll degrade the sound quality even more.

Oh yeah, I'm definitely feeling a groove coming on now. B|

Just a side note... those who aren't too fond of techno, give this a try. This mix is all vocals so it might be more appealing to ya.B|

I was never really into techno until I started listening to it on the way out to the dropzone(only thing decent on the radio down that way). Now when I hear it, I get a sort of mid-jump vibe off of it.

Well Trance is a variation of Techno... and techno is cheesy... and main stream techno is VERY cheesy. :$
Trance is where its at.

Eggzactly. There are few techno tracks I like, but I love trance, especially vocal trance. I really dig the vocal trance channel on www.digitallyimported.com. I've found a lot of great artists on there.

Eggzactly. There are few techno tracks I like, but I love trance, especially vocal trance. I really dig the vocal trance channel on www.digitallyimported.com. I've found a lot of great artists on there.

I recommend you try the radio station I run for a group of DJs out in cali. www.generationtrance.com
To listen to Generation Trance Radio using Winamp: Click here

Matt

Well Trance is a variation of Techno... and techno is cheesy... and main stream techno is VERY cheesy. :$
Trance is where its at.

umm.. trance isnt a variation of techno.. dance music or electronic music is the collective term for what you're talking about.

techno is its own genre. carl cox, derrick may, rictchie hawtin, christian varela all produce and play techno.

your mix is more on the lines of uplifting trance.. which in my eyes is quite cheesy. but each to their own =)

umm.. trance isnt a variation of techno.. dance music or electronic music is the collective term for what you're talking about.

techno is its own genre. carl cox, derrick may, rictchie hawtin, christian varela all produce and play techno.

your mix is more on the lines of uplifting trance.. which in my eyes is quite cheesy. but each to their own =)

No one refers to it as "Dance music", its usually called "techno" since none of it is really mainstream in the US. All my friends ask me to burn them CDs of "techno".. I dont have techno, but thats what they know it as. To them electronic dance music = techno. I for one, know the difference, but was just explaining it in terms that others might understand. I should have clearified earlier.

It may have a bit of cheese in it, but there are far more cheesy tracks I could have put in here... WAY MORE cheesy.

Matt

Trance is where its at.

Ah well, if you're gonna get all technical on my arse, I like trip hop and chillout. Or whatever else you'd want to call the below:

http://www.tarsis.org/swandive__demunication.ogg
http://www.tarsis.org/bitstream_dream__buddhas_patio.ogg

mark wheres my cd's you keep promising. I tell ya your slot in the camper isnt looking hot without them..hehe:(
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

mix 1-- slow down on the mix, use you levels, mostly base to fade with, fader also. also, sometimes abrupt changes in levels can sound like one song if done at the right time and on the right beat. somone once told me "KNOW YOUR MUSIC!" acually it was "KNOW YOU VINYL" that is the best peice of advise anyone has ever given me. most dance tracks "step down" at the end and "step up" at the begining, use that to your advantage, especially with progressive trance!

mix 2-- i like that alot better, almost exactly what i said for mix one, sounds like you used the levels more took longer in the mix and had that abrupt change into the next track after a long slow bass fade. sometimes mixes like that REALLY get the crowd going. track selection is your key, dont blow your wad early with all the good stuff, tease the crowd with things then surprize them with somthing new and then turn it around again, sorry im rambleing...

mix 3-- got way too repedative at the end, you should have mixed out earlier, where the last vocal came in, it was juct a cry. that is the point where you would want to be just finishing the fade, get that vocal then GONE! to the next song. but the whole time, i think it was like 8 mesures, before that you should have been mixing in so it wouldnt get so repedative.

mix 4-- i liked it, i think i would of like it better if the next songs groove dropped in right when the music dropped on the last one where the bass kept going. remember it is progressive trance you have to give the kids a break every now and then, just not during mixes, the progression will handle that. i loke this remix of motorcycle though!

mix 5-- ouch! hahaha way to abrupt, that is definatly a mix you need to watch the levels on. that is a tough one though. its always good to throw some pop in though, you know, to get the dance whuffo's dancin!

mix 6-- too fast, fade into it, with the base down, lower the bass on the original track for a mesure then whip up the bass when the big "WWHHHAAAA" comes and at the same time drop your bass on the u2 song.. that mix was too harsh, extend it some. you dont have long though only till the "WWHHHHAAAA" haha.. and be carefull also, multiple vocal tracks can get you in trouble, they are REALLY good for getting you out of trouble though.

mix 7-- when the vocals drop and she says somthing never dies??? well that is when you should have started your cue, then next mesure start fading in slowly with the base level down, then totally fade into the next song at the point where the whiney vocals start. the first one. before the grove starts. anticipate the change, this is the benafit of vinal, you can see it in the tracks. or "know your music". if you know the change is coming you can cue on that.

mix 8-- once again. watch the levels, good mix if you would have got the levels right, long nice extended. but the bass just jumps on top of you and spoils it.

all in all i like, keep playing, it is alot of fun. and please dont take this the wrong way. i love it when somone who isnt a dance whuffo, cretiques my mixes. it only makes you better. also go out and get an armin van buren c/d and listen to the mixes over and over and listen to what he does. he screws up also. but sometimes it is amazing how he fixes it!...

later..

Mark