Slappie

Do you treat...

...waiters good?

I read somewhere that if you really want to get to know someone. Go out to eat with them. They may seem like a great person at first. Watch carefully how they treat the waiters. If they treat them badly, then their a pretty bad person under the surface.

Now that got me to thinking, if the waiter is a jackoff, I normally deal with them with a quiet distain. Not disrespectfully at all.. just kinda no interest, get me my food and drink and go away kind of attitude. If they've got some skill and personality then I'll be respectful. Really just depends on the service and the food. To decide how I treat the waitstaff.

How do you treat waiters? Be truthful :)

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Normally I treat waiters well. If I have a serious problem I ask for the manager. A serious problem such as a waiter dropping queso in my margarita and when I asked for a new one the waiter wanted to charge me another $5 for another margarita. So I simply stated sternly "I want to talk to your manager right now please." and the manager took care of it.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I treat waiters very well, and I actually went out to dinner a couple of times with a friend of mine and noticed how rude and arrogant he was to them. It made me realize that he would be a very difficult person to live with, and I felt sorry for his significant other. [:/] But some people can just deal with that shit . . . I am not one of them. :D

I always try and treat waiters well. Last week when I was on my date, I was talking to our waiter, asking him questions, where he's from, etc. Waiters need to be treated with respect, they are not some lowly form of human life, like some people treat them.:S

Being a server in a restaurant is a hard job, and it's not always his/her fault if things don't come out perfectly. If a server is being snappy or rude...you should still treat them well, because you have no idea what that person is going through...if they just found out their spouse cheated on them, their baby died, or the customers before you treated them like a piece of garbage.

I love conversing with and leaving tips for servers:)

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Well, I'm now dating my bartender, so that oughta say something (besides, "You're a barfly, Becca")

I do treat waitstaff very well (friendly, respectful, good tip), but I expect great service too.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

My family has been in the resturant business for over 20 years and I know first hand how hard it is being in the service industry. I also always remember that the waiter doesn't have complete control over what happens. Food and drinks get mixed up, people forget and sometimes you're just having a bad day. I know that my tip is their paycheck and you have to be a pretty big A-hole for me not to give a decent tip.

I have been out with people who have been rude to our servers and I first tell them what a jerk they are being and will refuse to eat with them if they continue on.
What you do speaks so loud, I cannot hear what you say.

Being a server in a restaurant is a hard job, and it's not always his/her fault if things don't come out perfectly. If a server is being snappy or rude...you should still treat them well, because you have no idea what that person is going through...

That and... I have never worked in the food service industry, and know enough to be nice to those who do so that the fates won't smak me square on my ass and make me do that. I always try to tip well... especially if it's a place that I visit often.
I don't believe in tipping. I believe in overtipping. - My Blue Heaven

ALWAYS, I spent 8 years in the hospitality industry. I normally tip 45% of the bill if the service is outstanding. Ive been where they are and realize that dealing with the public sucks big time.

In the past 3 years, i can only think of one instance where i have gotten bad service from the Manager and Server. I'll never go back to that restaraunt again.

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

i tend to treat waiter/ waitresses pretty good. i uesed to be a cook and a waiter so i know the whole thing,,, sometimes things just don't work out..... the onlything that bugs me is if the waitstaff is too attentive and doesn't give me peace to eat....

You should treat all others as you would like to be treat.

Regardless of their job.

You can complain about shoddy service or cold food, without acting like an ass or treating the waiter badly.

People who do this need to get over themselves.
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk

Yes i treat them very well. Never any problems.
I DO have problems with the way most of my previous girlfriends/dates have treated waitstaff.
Rude/high maintenance/self centered/whinney/picky/too many questions/tight on tips.
" So... want me to get "take out" tonight ?

I tip well even the chinese food delivery guy who now has my food to my door in 20 minutes rather than an hour when he 1st started delivering. Only time I don't tip well is when they are trying to rush me out the door. You know, bring the check with your food don't come back for refills or see if you need another drink. :S

Now you do something cool like give me the pub club prices (without me being part of the club or making me join) on my beer and you will get at a 40-50% tip.
Fly it like you stole it!

I've found, a lot of waitstaff is single mom's, trying to raise a couple kiddoes. I try to leave (at least) in the 20 - 25% range for tips. If, and it's been rare, the service was not good, I'll cut-back on the tip and speak 'quietly' with the manager about it.

Chuck

I also always remember that the waiter doesn't have complete control over what happens. Food and drinks get mixed up, people forget and sometimes you're just having a bad day.

I understand this as well, and how the waiter/waitress handles those situations weighs heavily on how much i tip.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

personally...I like getting the wait staff that are having a bad day, look frustrated, or if they are new. It is fun to try and make them smile...and brighten the day for them.

Ladyskydiver is a recent accomplice on said mission :D
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

personally...I like getting the wait staff that are having a bad day, look frustrated, or if they are new. It is fun to try and make them smile...and brighten the day for them.

Ladyskydiver is a recent accomplice on said mission :D

:D Yep...definitely an accomplice. It's so fun to get the person to smile. :D
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I waitered for many years in a lot of restuarants so i know what good and bad service is...i'm always polite either way but their tip is directly proportionate to the quality of service they give me.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky