Slappie

So what's worse?

Being mentaly tired or phycialy tired?

I've noticed lately that mentaly tired is way more draining then when I used to do physical labor.

When I was doing phycial work I'd get off work and still be able to do stuff. Like work out or something active.

Lately when I get off work I'm just so mentaly drained I don't want to do anything else.

How do I fix this?

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Being mentaly tired or phycialy tired?

I've noticed lately that mentaly tired is way more draining then when I used to do physical labor.

When I was doing phycial work I'd get off work and still be able to do stuff. Like work out or something active.

Lately when I get off work I'm just so mentaly drained I don't want to do anything else.

How do I fix this?

Caffine
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

How do I fix this?

Get a new job?

But yeah, I agree... physical tiredness is nice, it's almost relaxing - a release. Mental tiredness is a whole different animal - I call it emotional exhaustion. Affects sleep and the ability to be functional. Been experiencing quite a bit of that lately with all that's been going on in my little corner of the skydiving world and in my personal/professional life.

I don't have any real answers.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I think that mentally tired is worse.

Find a friend to work out with or do stuff with. I actually belong to an Adventure club here in Gainesville that does all kinds of stuff, including outdoor and social. Joining was one of the best things that I have done. I have meet some great people and I get to do the stuff that I enjoy. ;)
F LORIDA!

Mentally tired is definitely worse.

Some suggestions to combat it:

1. Take care of your health through nutrition and exercise.
2. Take frequent short breaks during the day. Take a walk and get away from your work environment...even if it is for 5 minutes at a time. (I used to do this and people would ask where I was going. I told them it was my smoke break. They would reply that I didn't smoke. My answer was, 'yeah, I know'.)
3. Take time at home to put headphones on and listen to your favorite music.
4. Pick up a really good book or rent a really good movie.

Those are just a few. There's many more.

Good luck,
Chris

Ok you hijackers GTFO of my thread. This is a serious question and I'm looking for serious answers.

I need a HAPPY HOUR!!

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Ok you hijackers GTFO of my thread. This is a serious question and I'm looking for serious answers.

I need a HAPPY HOUR!!

I'm happy that I got my sig line back.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Any clue as to what has you down?

Are you SURE you want an honest answer to that question?

There have been doctors who tried to figure out what was worng with me. They've all retired or refused to treat me. This is a half truth in a way. I did have one doctor decide he couldn't help me with my problems and another who retired 4 months into therapy.

Awwwww......there you see, now I could see why Slappie started this thread.......I could feel the love between you two......lol!
"Love is doing small things with great love."

Lacrosse: Legally beating men with sticks since 1492

There have been doctors who tried to figure out what was worng with me. They've all retired or refused to treat me. This is a half truth in a way. I did have one doctor decide he couldn't help me with my problems and another who retired 4 months into therapy.

That is funny as shit!

My childhood psychologist quit being a psychologist after me (I was his last patient) and invented K.C. Masterpiece Barbeque Sauce.

-

When you're mentally tired, you still need to exercise-but something that doesn't use your brain. Swimming laps helps-it's mindless and the water just feels so damn good!
For my part, I know nothing with any certainty,
But the sight of the stars makes me dream.
-Vincent Van Gogh