jtval

advertising in parachutist

ok I saw the thread where ppl were talking about the new samsung camera. pro's and cons etc.

but I didnt notice anyone saying that it is a best buy/samsung ad. had Parachutist had its first OUTSIDE the industry company advertise in our magazine?

that may be a a good thing as far as the money that will come into the USPA but Im afriad we'll end up like MAXIM. ( you know, they have more ads then articles)

I dont think Ill be buying the camera anytime soon but its kinda cool to see some outside interest in taking our money! LOL:ph34r:
My photos

My Videos

the first main CON is that no one has the camera even Samsung. Has anyone been able to ACTUALLY see it? I work in a related industry and am trying like hell to get a demo model from my studio. I have emailed Samsung as well; no love so far.:S

I havent tried to look at it yet. I only just received my mag today(5 april) whereas some people received them in late march. so I am only catching up

it would be sweet ot get one that small and functional for jumping. but i dont think this is the one[:/]
My photos

My Videos

JVC has a camera that is one part (unlike Samsung's 2-part camera) and works off a memory card, too, but it isn't flash so it isn't suitable for jumping. (not enough memory and a moving part that may cause your filming to skip). As soon as flash cards with that large of memory capacity come down in price, you will see all cameras going towards flash cards. Bye, bye to MiniDVs...
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

They did have a first real advert until they fucked up the date on the cover. I wouldn't pay any comapny for ad space if they screwed up that bad. Come on, you can't miss the freakin year!
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Paige, I love your signature line. Go over to asc and tell them that. :P

It applies to sooooooooooooooo many places, I'd be out of money from just traveling to spread the word, I'd never to get jump:(:D:P
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

The product: It's time to take digital video to the extreme! Well, sort of. The Samsung SC-X105L's sports camera module allows you to hook it to your helmet or harness for hands-free recording, giving it instant cachet among extreme sports enthusiasts who long for an unobtrusive way to capture their gallivanting and roughhousing. With its water-resistant, rubberized body and tapeless recording system, this camcorder looks like it can take a pounding. Its vital statistics include:

680,000-pixel CCD for capturing MPEG-4 video
10X optical zoom
2-inch LCD screen
Electronic image stabilizer
Still image capture at 640x480, 800x600
Water-resistant, rubberized design
Sports camera module for hands-free shooting
512MB of internal memory, plus Memory Stick slot
The price: Can you put a price on being totally extreme? Yes. When the SC-X105L ships in April, it will cost $649.

The prospects: Somebody who'll pay $3,000 to jump out of an airplane won't bat an eye at this camera's sticker price, but for the rest of us, $650 looks like an awful lot for a camcorder whose recording capacity will be limited by its tapeless design. The SC-X105L's still-image-capture resolutions also look paltry; they'll be suitable for e-mail and for posting to the Web but not for printing. But if you're into the sort of filming that requires resistance to water, this may be the camcorder for you.

LOOKS LIKE APRIL!!!!! I WANT ONE I WANT ONE!:D

I stikl dont think this is the one. for as many times as I jump per day I dont want to have to worry abou d/l ing my video after each jump etc.

and I dont want to buy 20 memory sticks etc.[:/]
I WOULD like to see one of these in person at the DZ though. maybe they'll let us demo them LOL
My photos

My Videos

I downloaded the users manual at the Samsung site. It comes with the extra lense even though it may not show it on some sites that are reviewing it. It sure looks like it would be fun to play with. I think I could come up with a mount on one side of my Havok where the audible goes. Amazon is showing it at $599 and says it will be available in 7 days.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Lord, let me be the person my dog thinks I am.