Skolls081102

What's the most you have ever spent on sunglasses?

So what's up with Gatorz? I never heard of them before.
And since people keep saying that they skydive with them- is there a specific rating a sunglass has to have for you to be able to jump with them?

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

I've spent as little as freebies to $250 for a pair oh Maui Jim's I have to admit the Maui Jim's were the best pair I've ever owned.

I wear my Gatorz now, but about to go back to my Maui Jim's since "American Chopper" has totaly made Gatorz passe` since Paul Jr is wearing them ALL THE TIME. Even though I've been wearing them before the show came out, it doesn't matter.. I'm not going to be one of those punks who copies what a tv show does because it's "biker fashion" Or one of those possers who drive around with an OOC sticker on their back window.

It's so sad my boss who is a big HD guy asked me where I got my Gatorz becasue he wants a pair... I told him and he decided he would order online instead of heading to a DZ to get a pair.

Their awesome bike shades because of the same reason skydivers wear them. They also act as goggles and keep the wind out of your eyes.

Man I hate that show now!! OOC Sucks sweaty dog sacks..

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

No rating . . . they just have to stay on your face . . . and things like Gatorz aren't really recommended for people who wear contacts to jump in.

I bought my current goggles at a snowboarding shop in Canada for $22 CAD. And they're better than any others I've owned! B|

The most I've paid for sunglasses is about $20.

I'm currently on my second pair of Gatorz. Don't ask what I paid for them - you don't wanna know. :D

Well since you said the most you've spent is $20 I would assume you got your Gatorz free.. Go you gurlie! Did you have to show "The Rack" (tm) to get them free?

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

$100 on a pair of Natives I got in Xkeys. Great sunglasses but I can't wear them jumping since I got my Neptune beacuse the polarized lenses makes it impossible to read.

Weird thing is the Digitude never had a problem with them.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Ok, I do wear contacts. So if/when I do start jumping, will I be able to wear sunglasses? I know- not until after your tandem/aff/coach jumps (they want to see your eyes)- I mean if I ever get my A, will I be able to wear sunglasses while jumping?

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

I'm not going to be one of those punks who copies what a tv show does because it's "biker fashion"

Well, if you're not gonna wear them- wanna send them to me? Even though I just spent $225, I'm always looking for new sunglasses...;)

Ok, I do wear contacts. So if/when I do start jumping, will I be able to wear sunglasses? I know- not until after your tandem/aff/coach jumps (they want to see your eyes)- I mean if I ever get my A, will I be able to wear sunglasses while jumping?

Probably not unless you like to replace them after every jump. Or jump with your eyes closed to keep them in. ;)

Well, if you're not gonna wear them- wanna send them to me? Even though I just spent $225, I'm always looking for new sunglasses...

No :ph34r:

I can never quit wearing them. They're just so comfortable and their converters so I can change my lens colors to match my mood :D

I was just ranting about that stupid show and this seemed like the right post to rant because it's kinda part of the subject.

With the success of American Chopper and Paul Jr. pushing the Gatorz product. Hopefully they sell more and then they can lower the prices a bit. I want another pair :P

I wear contacts (soft outside with a hard lens) and I wear sunglasses when I jump. The thing is make sure you have a tight fit around the eyes (use a strap) so not too much wind gets in there. My chubby cheeks come in handy for this. :)

Oakleys are awesome! I spent about $185 on an m-frame, and had them for about two years before I left them at a restaurant, and they were snagged by the wait staff. They have some of the best sunlight protection, they look great and they are high quality. They are a good investment, as long as you don't leave them at the resteraunt :P
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

In 2003 I spent $132 on Ray Ban Aviators to replace the pair I spent $55 on in 1981.

Any pair of sunglasses that last 22 years are worth repeating.

Interesting notes about the originals:

- They had a mark on one lens. In 1982 I was near, but I didn't think too near, to someone that was about to do some welding. Fortunately I was smart enough to put the sunglasses on. Sure enough a spark hit the glasses. Those glasses saved my sight.

- I bought them in 1981 for the road trip to the Canadian National skydiving championships in Claresholm, AB. I stopped skydiving in 1987. The nose piece on the glasses broke in 2003 on my way back from making my first skydive in 16 years.

Those glasses had karma!:)
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

$15! I know...I know...I really gotta cut back on spending so much money.:P

Damn - you beat me. I once paid $18 (it was a rip-off, I know, but it was at a DZ gear store and I needed then NOW before a dirt dive in the sun).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Well, if you're not gonna wear them- wanna send them to me? Even though I just spent $225, I'm always looking for new sunglasses...

No :ph34r:

I can never quit wearing them. They're just so comfortable and their converters so I can change my lens colors to match my mood :D

I was just ranting about that stupid show and this seemed like the right post to rant because it's kinda part of the subject.

With the success of American Chopper and Paul Jr. pushing the Gatorz product. Hopefully they sell more and then they can lower the prices a bit. I want another pair :P

Marketing 101, Lesson #1:
It just don't WORK that way.
That just means that when Britney gets photographed for US Magazine sunning her huge blonde, no-talent-bastard-carrying belly on Cabo San Lucas, guess what she'll be wearing on her face.
Two weeks after that you'll be able to get them at the mall for a 140% mark-up.
........................In F*CKIN' PINK!!

.....Well, we'll always have closing pins to make us feel special.
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

.....Well, we'll always have closing pins to make us feel special.

(Runs for the mailbox to pull the closing pin necklace out of the gift box for Britney's baby shower.)

$15! I know...I know...I really gotta cut back on spending so much money.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one. I was feeling so cheap!:ph34r:

I prefer to think of it as "thrifty"!:D
"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."

I have to admit- most of my sunglasses were $10 Walmart especiales!!! Before these Oakleys, $70 on Gargoyles was it. But in between, I have had probably 10 different pairs of $10 glasses. I just decided to make an investment. I think my eyes are worth it.

I have to admit- most of my sunglasses were $10 Walmart especiales!!! Before these Oakleys, $70 on Gargoyles was it. But in between, I have had probably 10 different pairs of $10 glasses. I just decided to make an investment. I think my eyes are worth it.

I do the same thing. I think that I have about three pair in my car that are $10, and they are for different occasions. One for driving, one for skydiving, one just in case I loose the rest...

It has been a while since I have gotten some nice sunglasses. The last pair of Oakleys that I had were lost when I was mountain biking. I managed to keep them for two years, but just can't seem to make the decision to get another pair. Thats $100 I would rather spend on skydiving. :)
F LORIDA!