ZZTopless

fav. quote

I haven't thought about it enough to have a favorite, but a few that pop to mind are:

serious - "There is no pause button in skydiving"
or - "The only guarantee in skydiving is you WILL land."

funny - "Skydivers have more fun than people"

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I forget where I heard this one, but it goes something like:

After a particularly bad landing, an instructor was overheard saying to a student, "That landing would have been perfect if you'd finished it by catching on fire and exploding.":ph34r:
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

"If something goes wrong with your main, you will have the rest of your life to get your reserve out."
-------------------------------------------------------
"These are the old days, the bad days, the all-or-nothing days. They're back! There's no choice left, and I'm ready for war."

"Just because you survived doesn't mean it was a good idea in the first place."
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

From the jumpmaster of one load after sorting out the exit order and landing pattern, came out with "...and for Christ's sake, will nobody f**king die!!"

Cracked us up since it was totally unexpected and he had a look of (feigned) injured concern on his face when he said it.

Brian Germain, very quietly, while videotaping a friend during a canopy course starting a 270 hook turn about 300 feet too low:

"Oh, that's not good." ...followed shortly by:

"Nice job of not killing yourself!"
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

Temporary highjack.

Iceman, congrats on #2000 last weekend at the boogie. Seeing Aviva make an almost perfect swish through the center was too funny.

Sorry, carry on with the quotes.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Brian Germain, very quietly, while videotaping a friend during a canopy course starting a 270 hook turn about 300 feet too low:

"Oh, that's not good." ...followed shortly by:

"Nice job of not killing yourself!"

Not a quote, but a "moment":

I saw Brian Germain at the SoBe Boogie (first and only) do a handstand in the packing hangar... and while he was upside down, someone (don't know who it was) ran up and PANTSED HIM! :D

Later that evening, he gave a canopy control seminar, and when he showed up to introduce himself and start the seminar (keep in mind, I had about 30 jumps and new NO one, so when he got pantsed he was just another dude to me), I said, "Hey, you're the guy who got pantsed!" :D

Brian's cool; he took it in stride with a sense of humor and said, "Yeah." LOL!

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

What's your favorite skydiving quote?

You can only TIE a low pull contest!

...And...

My instructor to me, on the way up for the
first frefall~~

"Everything I see says you're ready...
but if the good Lord ever wanted to take a shit
on ya...TODAY would be the day!"
:o

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Here's my favorite....Don't know who wrote it...But I am trying to live by it...Puts the door monster in perspective...

"I have not ceased being fearful, but I have ceased to let fear control me. I have accepted fear as a part of life - specifically the fear of change, the fear of the unkown, and I have gone ahead despite the soundings in my heart that says: Turn back, you'll die if you venture too far."

I have another that goes something like this...

"You may never get rid of the butterflies but you can teach them to fly in formation."
Punky Monkey
You may never get rid of the butterflies, but you can teach them how to fly in formation

"I have not ceased being fearful, but I have ceased to let fear control me. I have accepted fear as a part of life - specifically the fear of change, the fear of the unkown, and I have gone ahead despite the soundings in my heart that says: Turn back, you'll die if you venture too far."

I like that.........
WOW....
HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE