MikeFB2764

Does this seem safe to you:

Looks fine to me. Anyone EVER had a mal caused by interference with a tube? I've seen a tube pass between the lines of a canopy on opening with hardly any ill effect.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Oh my God!!! There are no traction pads in that bathtub. An accident waiting to happen. B|
Seriously though, I'd be curious to find out if the same statistical adage applies to skydivers, that you're more likely to be injured in the bathroom. Considering our addiction, I don't know where you'd be more likely to be injured - in the bathroom or at the DZ (or possibly at the bar after the DZ).

WFFC a few years ago, tube cause a death:(

Yeah, but that was because the guy didn't let go of the damn thing and do his EP's properly. I know the person that supplied him the tube to demo.

Tubes are relatively safe as long as they're taller than the canopy during deployment (less chance for an entanglement) and as long as you're willing to get rid of it when the shit hits the fan.

The guy that went in at Quincy was seen on video transferring the tube from hand to hand so as not to lose it while trying to figure out his EP's.[:/]
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

I guess the person asking the question about problems with the tube needs to know this information.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Yeah, what he said, search the freefly forum. There is no issue deploying with a tube if you know what you are doing. And generally longer is better, it just bounces off you canopy deploying.
I have a handful of jumps with no issue.

That being said....gas mask, smoke, and tube on one jump. That is a lot of variable, cumulatively, I would not add all those factors into one.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.