BillyVance

Snake swallows Kangaroo whole, I shit you not!

A few times I have gone bush walking and you see a snake curled up on the path, with similar sized meals. Amazing to watch. And a joey or wallaby can be pretty small.

Most kids in Australia have held one of these (or similar) snakes on a show-&-tell day or at a zoo. So my understanding is they are no real threat to people, unless you were really unlucky.

Those hoofs and bones are gonna hurt coming back out!

I dunno... if that snake can stretch its mouth and body as much as it did swallowing the whole damn Wallaby, who's to say its ass can't do the same thing? :ph34r::ph34r::D:D:D

Things that can't be digested are somtimes regurgitated out the mouth.

The snake looks to be about 6 feet long (not very big) and the Wallaby is only a youngen (joey). We get lots of wierd stuff here compared to the rest ot the world:D:D:D.
One of our more dangeros snakes is aptly named a Death Adder:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Biggest constrictor snakes in the world are Reticulated Pythons. They regularly get over 25FT and have been recorded at 30ft + very often.

The photos are real. I have a photos at home of my Ball Python eating a Rat...I will post later so you can see the discoloration of the scales. I also have 3 other snakes....a8ft colombian Boa, and 7ft Pastel Colombian Boa, and a Green Tree Python.

Joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

Death Adders are not that dangerous as they are generally reluctant to bite. And if you get bitten, Australia is the place to have it happen. Lowest incidence of deaths from snake bite compared to the fact that 10 of the deadliest species live there.
As for the pictures, they are NOT fake. I have raised snakes for many years, both venomous and non-venomous. If you have never seen a large constrictor feeding I could see why you would think it was fake, but when eating a large meal, the snakes scales will expand revealing the white skin between the scales. Happens in all species of snakes, even small ones, due to the fact that the prey item is almost always larger than the snake. hence the ability of the snake to unhinge its jaws to swallow the meal. Don't believe it? go to your local zoo on feeding day at the Herpetarium and watch. You think those pics are impressive, wait til you see it in real life. Our zoo has a Reticulated Python (Python reticulatus) that is 28 feet long and weighs about 300 lbs. It eats whole pigs (adult ones). and just FYI, the Retic is the largest snake on earth, and capable of eating an adult human AS LONG AS they have a particular birth defect in the shoulders which happens to be somewhat common in India - thus the stories about people being eaten are true, but there have only been 2 cases confirmed. The Indian Python (Python molurus molurus) and the Burmese Pyhton (Python molurus bivittatatus) are the second and third largest, followed by the African Rock Python (Python sebae natalensis). the Anaconda is the heaviest snake in the world.

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

I have watched them on nature shows eat stuff that big, but they were so heavy and tired after that they died from not being able to move out of the sun, or to water

gotta call BS on this. Snakes are evolved to eat like this.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Ok discovery channel is BS, and when one tried to eat a catfish backwards and the needle fin thingey on the top of the catfish got lodged in the snake where it could not spit the fish back out and it died it was just a photoshop and a political cover up:S

I have watched them on nature shows eat stuff that big, but they were so heavy and tired after that they died from not being able to move out of the sun, or to water

gotta call BS on this. Snakes are evolved to eat like this.

Oh I don't know, It could be possible that Discovery channel caught one on film that died in the sun. Speed, isn't it true that after a ginormous meal they can't move around with much vigor? Haven't I heard that if they eat something large enough, they can just... lie there? for weeks long even? (that being out in the wild)

I suppose there could be a darwin award winning snake or two out there that ate something too large out in too large an open space to get back to shade or water with it.

...I'm still in awe of the first shots. :o

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Hello,

The National Examiner magazine is interested in possibly using one or
more of the pictures of the snake eating a whole kangaroo/wallaby. Would it
be possible for you to send us any contact information for the
photographer who took these pictures? We need to obtain their
permission prior to publishing the photos. Thank you in advance for
your help.

Regards,

Lindsey Usiak
Photo Editorial Assistant
National Examiner and Globe
1000 American Media Way
Boca Raton, FL 33464-1000
[email protected]
[email protected]
p: (561) 989-1261
f: (561) 989-1004

Hello,

The National Examiner magazine is interested in possibly using one or
more of the pictures of the snake eating a whole kangaroo/wallaby. Would it
be possible for you to send us any contact information for the
photographer who took these pictures? We need to obtain their
permission prior to publishing the photos. Thank you in advance for
your help.

Regards,

Lindsey Usiak
Photo Editorial Assistant
National Examiner and Globe
1000 American Media Way
Boca Raton, FL 33464-1000
[email protected]
[email protected]
p: (561) 989-1261
f: (561) 989-1004

I don't know if you were being serious, but I have no way of knowing who took these pictures. They were originally sent to me in a PowerPoint file attached to email. If you want, I can forward the original email with the PP file and you can try tracking things down.

Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban