highfly

Anyone into Jamie Oliver?

And, yes, I do have a blowtorch that I use for cooking things like creme brulee...

Did someone say creme brulee? How come I always take notice when we start talking dessert?

Oh, and a man who has a blowtorch in the kitchen and knows how to use it? That's hot. :)
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

Oh, and a man who has a blowtorch in the kitchen and knows how to use it? That's hot.

Actually, blowtorch for crême brulée is quite amateurish ;). The best result, and coolest tool for that, is a proper iron that you heat over the range till its red hot, and then you press it on the sugar on top of the dish.
Remster

Actually, blowtorch for crême brulée is quite amateurish . The best result, and coolest tool for that, is a proper iron that you heat over the range till its red hot, and then you press it on the sugar on top of the dish.

I'm feeling weak in the knees now...;):):P
Is it hot in here?
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

Actually, blowtorch for crême brulée is quite amateurish ;). The best result, and coolest tool for that, is a proper iron that you heat over the range till its red hot, and then you press it on the sugar on top of the dish.

Pah...a tool that only does one thing is a waste of kitchen space. Andy uses his kitchen torch to make crême brulée, flambé, light the chandelier candles (or any other candles), light the grill...I'm sure he'd use it to light cigarettes if he smoked. :D

Hmm...I may have inadvertently invited you to describe weird things you do with your crême brulée iron/salamander. :o :ph34r:

_Pm
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

Maybe Andy's just a better chef than you and doesn't need all them fancy schmancy Frenchy tools! It just takes more skill and finesse to use the torch correctly and not burn the sugar. :ph34r:

;) :D

_Pm
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

Did someone say creme brulee? How come I always take notice when we start talking dessert?

Oh, and a man who has a blowtorch in the kitchen and knows how to use it? That's hot. :)

Hehe...I'll just have to cook dinner for you sometime, Dags.:)
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Shush it, Remtard. You're just jealous because the authorities won't allow you to have things like blowtorches around, and for good reason. Mrs. O'Leary's cow my ass!:ph34r:
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™