Daizey

What to do when you can't sleep...

I can't sleep. Someone please tell me a bedtime story or something!

I have finals tomorrow...plus work, I still need to pack, and I have a ton of other things to do! Sleep deprivation is not going to help any of these things at all![:/]

What do you do when you can't sleep

*daizey*

Get up for a few minutes and do nothing in particular. Drink some water. Lay back down and relax your shoulders. Breath slowly and fairly deeply concentrating only on your breathing.

Give it a shot :)
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I read the forums and make random comments.

Is it working????

"One out of every four American's are suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you."

If you can't sleep now, do some of the things that you have to do tomorrow right now, and then sleep tomorrow during the time you would have been doing those things (you should be really tired by then).

I do that all the time, which is probably why I have absolutely no sleep pattern at all...
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" ~Adam Savage

As a life long insomniac, I have no useful advice. If I did, I would be asleep right now.

If it becomes too bad, I suggest you try Ambien. The stuff works, I just try not to take it too often.

Extra study time isn't always a good thing.

"One out of every four American's are suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you."

I've used valerian root tablets, a herbal extract. Sometimes they help, if your already quite relaxed, but if you are stressed out about stuff I find it doesn't help.
I often have trouble getting to sleep, most often on Friday nights when I know I have to get up at 6am to drive to the dropzone.

I much prefer boiling bunnies.

Actually, I just release the dogs and they eat the bunnies.

Read. I always nod off when i read a book. Doesn't matter what the subject, I always dozzzzzzze off :D

Makes note to send TPO a "Penthouse Letters" collection to see if subject really DOESN'T matter.... :P
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I can't sleep. Someone please tell me a bedtime story or something!

I have finals tomorrow...plus work, I still need to pack, and I have a ton of other things to do! Sleep deprivation is not going to help any of these things at all![:/]

What do you do when you can't sleep

Eat 100-200 mg of store-brand Benadryl (2-4 times the recomended dosage). Diphenhydramine is also sold as Sominex and Tylenol Simply Sleep. The store brand allergy pills differ only in cost (less) and color (pink). It's not habbit forming, and doesn't leave me hung over like nytol. Early - it might take six hours to wear off.

As a life long insomniac, I have no useful advice. If I did, I would be asleep right now.

If it becomes too bad, I suggest you try Ambien. The stuff works, I just try not to take it too often.

Extra study time isn't always a good thing.

What she said. I've got a self-hypnosis thing that helps me with relaxation/physical rest, but not mental rest which is, at least for me, the most important part of sleep. Ambien works wonderfully and with no hangover, but sometimes I'll spend too long trying to go to sleep naturally. That effectively takes the Ambien option off the table because I don't have enough time left for it to wear off before I have to get ready for work. :S

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)