Jeth

Yea!! I'm so happy they won!!!! (Amazing Race)

Woo-hoo!!! Uchena and Joyce won the Amazing Race!!! :)
OMG, I could hardly stand it the last 5 minutes! I can't believe they didn't just leave the cab!! They have way more character than I do, I woulda said "fuck the cab, its a million bucks!!!" And almost more than winning the money would be beating Rob and Amber. Woo-hoo!!! I'm so happy!!! :)
Ya, ya, I'm totally hooked on this show. So what, I love it!! (I'm gonna win it someday, too! B|)
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

I'm really glad they won too. I couldn't believe they didn't just tell the cab driver that if they ran through the gates, they could pay him extra! I'm also really happy for them that they only reason they went on the show was so they could afford in vitro or adoption. Romber just wanted their second million!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Sorry, but I'm calling foul on this one. Rob & Amber were in the plane with the door closed and the plane backing up. And, the Captain suddenly stops the plane and has a change of heart when there's another plane in an hour?? I've done some serious traveling and have arrived while they are closing the cabin and/or ramp door and there is no mercy after that happens.

Puhlease. I'm calling 15 yard penalty for bullshit on the show for not allowing Rob & Amber the one hour head start on the final two hour leg. At the very least, we know that television cameras have an effect on courtrooms, so even if the pilot didn't get a direct phone call from above, he may have gotten the phone call about and been influenced by the cameras.

I am glad that Uchena and Joyce won a million. They seem like wonderful people. But, no matter how much you dislike Rob & Amber, they played a hard game and played to win. I "think" we're going to hear how the show's ending was tampered with and it will be their sudden downfall in viewership... just a prediction.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Oh lord, we haven't had that season start here yet and i'm sure i'll regret opeing this thread when it does...but let me get this straight, Rob and Amber from Survivor competed in the show?

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I've got to agree with you on this one. And I HOPE Uchenna and Joyce took care of their cab driver since he literally won it for them! (If Rob and Amber had a Spanish speaking cabbie, they'd have found the cigar shop first!)

A lot's been said about Rob and Amber BUT they were tough competition and added a whole new dimension to the show.

Yep, I agree. Under normal circumstances, the pilot would've never brought the plane back. Maybe the producers did make a special request so as to keep the game competitive. Or maybe he was just a fan of AR! :)
But Romber definitely had a ton of stuff that went their way, so I'm glad it went someone else's way when it really mattered.

Yep, I wouldn't have even told the cabbie that I was short on the fare. I woulda just ran my ass across that finish line and then went back to pay him after I won.

p.s. Sorry if I spoiled it for those not in the US, thats why I put "Amazing Race" in the thread title. ;)
PFRX!!!!!
My Jump Site

Oh lord, we haven't had that season start here yet and i'm sure i'll regret opeing this thread when it does...but let me get this straight, Rob and Amber from Survivor competed in the show?

Yep, they sure did. I think their 15 minutes are definitely up now!!
PFRX!!!!!
My Jump Site

No it's not - you can still watch their televised wedding coming up.

I'm glad they won too, but I'm calling BS as well - Rob and Amber should have won. As much as I don't think they need another million dollars, and can argue that they had too much help during the race - they got completely screwed on that one, and should have had an hour lead on the other teams. They won enough trips & prizes anyway though, and they're not hurting at all for money.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

With U & J's win,it shows you can still play nice and win:)

Yep. :)
A huge part of the race is luck, and it was great that Romber's ran out. B|

p.s. In case anyone is interested, many of the "best" teams did not win. In the last 3 seasons, the team that won the most legs DID NOT win the race. Its anyone's race up till the final leg, thats why its so great!! :)
PFRX!!!!!
My Jump Site

You obviously didn't catch all the sneaky shit Rob and Amber did throughout the whole show to get ahead. How about the bus incident? They would have done the exact same thing. They lied, stiffed cabbies, and were rude to the local population for the most part of the game.

At least this time it went to the most deserving pair!B|

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

I have a feeling Uchenna and Joyce (Joyce especially) aren't quite as nice as they seemed to be on TV. Joyce wanted to stiff the cab driver and run to the finish but Uchenna wouldn't let her. Plus, there's the whole internet gambling thing and the fact that their win was leaked very early in the season. (Were they trying to win even more money off the show or helping out friends and family members?)

AND I have a feeling Rob and Amber aren't as mean as they appeared to be on TV. But, hey, they've had their 15 minutes, they've got the million from Survivor and they're probably being paid pretty well to have their wedding on TV, so I don't feel really bad that they came in second. I still think the outcome was manipulated and even though I KNEW Uchenna and Joyce were going to win, I was hoping that was bad info and Rob and Amber would win after all! Really made for an entertaining season and I think we'll see more "reality show" couples on AR in the future. (Plus some rule changes that prevent the competitors from getting outside help!)

I'm tickled to death that, Uchena and Joyce won. Did it on 'begged' money and it was plain, that, tore them up. They helped their competitors with clothing and money and saw to it that their cabbie got paid, as well. Real, stand-up people! Rob and Amber, played hard. I'm wondering too, about that plane stopping to take-on Uchena and Joyce!??? We gotta remember, these so-called 'reality' shows are so chopped and cut and altered for public opinion and emotion. As for Rob and Amber having done their '15-minutrs'? Brrrrraaaaap... wrong answer! Coming soon, to a TV near you! 'Rob and Amber Get Married!' Yuppers... the whole she-bang! We will even get to see her fabulous wedding dress and the planning and the wedding! BUT, will we see the consumation? NOooo! Maybe if, they showed it on HBO! :D Uchena and Joyce, ROCK!B|

Chuck

Well, I'm not going to disagree that Rob & Amber pulled some shit. Some of it was cunning and some of it was out of bounds. I am glad Uchena and Joyce won - if for no other reason than her having to shave off years of dreadlocks (or braids). But, I'm still thinking there was a little sumpin sumpin about the plane crackin the seal on the door.

I'm really glad the POW and his girlfriend didn't win... but not so much for the POW as for his girlfriend who said to him, "You never commit to anything, you even got out of your commitment to the Army!" And he said, "How?" She replied, "By becoming a POW."

:S:S:S:P:P
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I actually enjoyed some of the Rob and Amber stunts. Other teams would have done the same thing IF they had thought of it first. Refusing to eat 4 pounds of meat with flies crawling all over it and counting on other people to do the same- brilliant!
The bus incident? Classic! (3 other teams were in on it and the funniest thing is they bribed the driver, but Rob and Amber didn't put in any of their money!) And also, it did come back to bite them in the a** when they tried to play head games with the older couple and they found an earlier flight as a result! They played hard, took risks and had fun. I thought they added a whole new dimension to the race and made it so much more fun to watch!

And I have to appreciate the obvious respect and affection they have for each other- so refreshing when you see these other dysfunctional couples!

And I have to appreciate the obvious respect and affection they have for each other- so refreshing when you see these other dysfunctional couples!

Agreed!!! As big of an A$$ as Rob seemed, he never seemed to treat Amber very shitty. He was such a little shit himself but he and Amber got along so well. Definitely refreshing.:)

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here