peacefuljeffrey

Let's see pics of your cool pocketknives!

Is that the one you wear around your neck?

Yes. :)
I'm sorry if it spooked you. I know that a lot of people (most people?) are not used to the idea/concept of someone having a knife there, or wishing to have a knife available at all times. But once I got hooked, it became ingrained.

Blame my brother. He was the one who turned me on to neck knives. :D

-Jeffrey

pbbbbt:ospooked me?...ummm yeah...more than that. It looked like a kuhl necklace or something and then "shazam!" Hello! a bigass freakin sharp scarey knife! No sure when that would come handy:S. If you need a hook knife, well...ya got that. BBBBBBUUUUUUUUT....I dunno.

Yes. :)
I'm sorry if it spooked you. I know that a lot of people (most people?) are not used to the idea/concept of someone having a knife there, or wishing to have a knife available at all times. But once I got hooked, it became ingrained.

Blame my brother. He was the one who turned me on to neck knives. :D

-Jeffrey

pbbbbt:ospooked me?...ummm yeah...more than that. It looked like a kuhl necklace or something and then "shazam!" Hello! a bigass freakin sharp scarey knife! No sure when that would come handy:S. If you need a hook knife, well...ya got that. BBBBBBUUUUUUUUT....I dunno.

Comes in handy all the time! I use it pretty much daily. I just have come to believe very deeply in the philosophy of, "It is better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

The neck knife is just a simple way of always having a useful blade with me, and it's easy to carry regardless of what I'm wearing that day.

I have a hook knife on my chest strap for skydiving (and I pray I never have to use it). The neck knife is for everything else.

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Hi Jim!!
You would post a photo of my most favorite parachute knife, the orange one with the switch blade!! Someone once said that they were suppose to make the "hook" blade the switchblade but someone in engineering was smoking some good stuff that day and didn't share!!! Any way, thanks for posting and where did you see any of those on E-Bay?? I'd really like to get my hands on at least ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

I always carry an Al Mar Sere2k in my Filson jacket's breast pocket next to a couple of gel pens. It's very well designed, rugged, and it holds an edge.

Nice, man! I know that the SERE is a very well-regarded knife!
I myself like a thumb hole for opening, but quality is quality. :)

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey

Hi PJ,
What a post!! Just answered Jim T's about the orange parachute switchblade knife but onward!! One thing I always tell my step son at Christmas when I give him and his two sons their gift,"There are two things that a MAN can never have too many of, one is Guns and the other is Knives!!!" Of the various types of knives, (folders, fixed, long, short, pocket, sheath, etc.) I currently have a Camillus 3-blade 3 7/8" long "stockman" with Rosewood handles that although is a nice "pocket piece," I carry it in a small sheath made from a piece of T/VIII webbing 6" long folded. I have a bunch of other knives too!! Sharade "uncle Henry's," Ka-Bars, Craftsman's, ones my Dad gave me, ones my uncles gave me, a bunch of different size X-acto's and others, not to mention a small collection of various size sharpening stones!! ( a knife ain't much good if it ain't sharp!!) Guess I have to take a photo of some of mycollection to post!! Now to find my digital camera here on my desk under all these knives!!

Not to drift too far off the subject, but "Guns" go right along with "Knives" just like bread and butter !! I Like my knives and I like my guns and they will only get my guns and or knives away from me when they pry them out of my cold dead fingers and believe me they will need a screw driver and a crow bar to do it!! Not to go off in the Speakers corner but, "I AM THE NRA AND I VOTE!!!!!" R-U-NRA and do you vote?????
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Here in Washington state to carry a pocket knife with a blade longer than three inches is considered a concealed weapon. The same is for NY as well.

to add- I love my Army issue push button spring opening Benchmade with a tonto blade.

CSA #699 Muff #3804

my camera sucks, buy you get the idea

first is what i carry everyday
Emerson mini commander
and a custom Neil Blackwood talonite fiend.

second is what i put in my backpack when i think i might need a little extra:D:ph34r::D
Matt Lamey custom combat cleaver
benchmade 630
kershaw somethin, i think avalance
crappy leatherman
Jerry Hossom custom dogtag

LOL!! Not the same exact choices, but a man after my own heart! :D

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey

Not to drift too far off the subject, but "Guns" go right along with "Knives" just like bread and butter !! I Like my knives and I like my guns and they will only get my guns and or knives away from me when they pry them out of my cold dead fingers and believe me they will need a screw driver and a crow bar to do it!! Not to go off in the Speakers corner but, "I AM THE NRA AND I VOTE!!!!!" R-U-NRA and do you vote?????

Bill, I think it is very cool that you have so many knives that are surely sentimental pieces! I like that.

You are right about knives going with guns -- and the huge number of magazine spreads that combine those two with flashlights confirms it.

I thought to do a thread about "show pics of your guns" but some people are pretty leery of showing off what they have -- either to the government, or to potential thieves. [:/]

I was thinking of asking people for their opinions on what specific knife (apart from the Glock Anti-Terrorist Knife) goes best with a Glock pistol.

I'd love to know what AggieDave in particular thinks about that one.

My choice? Hmmm... I need more time to think about it. My first impulse is to say Spyderco Military, or Benchmade AFCK. Something about G-10 handle scales and polymer frames... :)
-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey

Hi PJ,
10-4 on the trip with guns, ya' never know who's lurking!! As for knives, my Camillus 3-blade stockman is my current "side kick!" I also have a Chinese made Buck folding Hunter spin off with an extra combo saw, screwdriver, bottleopener blade that I bought at a truck stop in NJ for $17.00 US a couple of years ago when I was driving truck. Nice knife for when you need something more than just a pocket knife. For 17 bucks with a couple of wacks on a stone and it holds a good edge for a while!! I like that in a knife. I beat it up a lot when I was drivin truck(flat bed) cutting rope, canvas, wood and you-name-it!! It still hung in there like the trooper it is!!

Besides Jimmy T's pic of the orange handle switch blade/hook blade parachute knife that I really like a lot, there's the stainless handle survival "camp style" knife with the cross hatch pattern and U.S. stamped on the handle. It has the standard flat blade, a can opener, a bottle opener/screw driver and an awl. I have one left in the archives.

Not really a knife, but you gotta have a P-38 or also called a "John Wayne" on your key ring, don't leave home with out it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Shit, Bill, you caught me without a P-38 on my keychain! I do have one on my OTHER keychain, but not the one I've been using day-to-day lately. :$

In my defense, whenever I go out, I do have my Leatherman in my knapsack, and that has a can opener... :)

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey

Actually, wait, sorry, no, the pics I posted do not contain the one I wear around my neck. I think I posted a LINK to the one that I wear there. The Benchmade Tether Knife TK-1... It's not a folding knife, it's really a minimalist knife with a skeletonized handle and a short stubby blade.

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey

Screw that Benchmade wanna-be.

Check this out: http://www.hideawayknife.com/model.php

I really want to get atleast one of these...too bad I've got to pay bills and they aint cheap.

Hey Dave...you mean one of these? ;)

I love my HAK and its on me all the time. I can go one better than a neck knife that swings around though...I keep this baby "close to my heart" its clipped to my bra.

Always right where I want it and it gets used for everything. Its made to fit your hand and they make really small sizes too. They actually already had a bunch in my size ready to go and I have some SMALL fingers. (Ring finger isn't even a 5) Good one for Morgan to have on her too!

This is the Hybrid model there are others to choose from like the straight that are pretty simple to keep sharpened.

BettyAnn

Getting married? Check out my website!

Screw that Benchmade wanna-be.

Check this out: http://www.hideawayknife.com/model.php

I really want to get atleast one of these...too bad I've got to pay bills and they aint cheap.

damn dave your gonna make me spend some cash....B|

i have more blades than i really need, but never as many as i want....

my favorite pocket knife atm is a simple gerber cameleon picked up at a PX for 20$ its amazing how i seem to hang on to the 'cheap' knives forever... one of the reasons i stopped carrying any of the 'special' ones around...

ps.. this thing makes sharpening serrated edges an easy task...:)

Not really a knife, but you gotta have a P-38 or also called a "John Wayne" on your key ring, don't leave home with out it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B|
We sure seem to think alike there Bill!

I have on my key ring...the P-38 my dad gave me 40 years ago!

Not one of those stamped out, soft pot metal ones at the gun shows...
A still OD Green...hard steel unit...with a PART NUMBER stamped on it!!

Works better than the POS can-opener 'blade' on my Swiss Army pocket knife.

...and if you're REALLY creative it can open wine bottles too!;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~