weegegirl

Haha... oops... busted.

:P

I got my tongue re-pierced this weekend. Guess I was bored. Too many windy days. I was doing so well at the office today until all my graphics guys just busted me on it. :D

DOH!

I was going to get a second one on Sunday just for fun but I was too hungover. :(

Howth tha thwelling?

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

:P

I got my tongue re-pierced this weekend. Guess I was bored. Too many windy days. I was doing so well at the office today until all my graphics guys just busted me on it. :D

DOH!

I was going to get a second one on Sunday just for fun but I was too hungover. :(

Howth tha thwelling?

surprisingly.... none. the first time i had it done, my tongue didn't fit in my mouth for 4 days. listerine is my best friend right now. but it doesn't hurt and no swelling. <<>>>

Did they use a clamp or just jam the rod right through? I didn't have a clamp for my first one and it was swollen for at least 10 days.

UGH!

Oh and post pics! ;)

I'll post a pic when I get home. B|:P They actually didn't use a clamp come to think of it. And they did the first time when it swelled like hell. This guy was good. Said he had been doing it for 10 years. It was so quick... he could have actually clamped it without me even noticing, but I doubt it. :D

Bleah :S

No holes except for the ones god gave me ;)

Lots of ink though :)

yeah, but i don't really get that. how can you be cool with something as permanent as ink, and not cool with something that you can remove and it will close up like nothing happened 15 minutes later?

Did they use a clamp or just jam the rod right through? I didn't have a clamp for my first one and it was swollen for at least 10 days.

UGH!

Oh and post pics! ;)

Esp. with a tongue, you should always use clamps. That's why :( I'm sorry you had to go through that. For just about any body part you should use clamps. Keep that in mind next time girlie, I hope it helps even though its too little too late.[:/]
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

what guage? generally they are easy to pick out when you have a longer bar like the ones they let you heal with

Yeah, it's just the standard one they start you with. I have a low profile replacement that I can't put in for 2 weeks. I like the big ones though... they are fun to play with. B|

yeah, but i don't really get that.

Nuthin to get ;)

I'm perfectly cool with you getting holes poked through pieces of your anatomy. Just dont want any myself :)
I like pictures and images. Permanance doesnt bother me, in fact for what I pay for the tattoo's, the better be permanant. B|
Rings and poles and studs and hunks of metal? No appeal for me
__

My mighty steed

what guage? generally they are easy to pick out when you have a longer bar like the ones they let you heal with

Yeah, it's just the standard one they start you with.

:| that means nothing to me as I (requested) had mine pierced with a 10g. I can assume a 14.. possibly a 12.

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

Yeah, it's just the standard one they start you with.

:| that means nothing to me as I (requested) had mine pierced with a 10g. I can assume a 14.. possibly a 12.

I dunno. Sorry.

It took about 3 weeks at my job before anyone noticed mine. But i wear colorful acrylic ones. I'm getting a second piercing in my tongue either tomorrow or wednesday. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

For just about any body part you should use clamps. Keep that in mind next time girlie

Actually, Liz forget you heard that!!!

Sorry Paige, but any piercer worth his certificate/license doesn't need clamps to get the needle through, and be straight about it.

Back in the Gauntlet era - it was taught to use clamps as they were cranking out piercers faster than they could qualify them:S...but those days are long gone (Thank God!:)
A true piercer will not use a clamp on any body part...all he should need is single-use ONLY needle, sterile gloves, the jewellry - and possibly some topical antiseptic. You should refrain from getting pierced by anyone using anything more.

for more information on procedure, ethics, etc...one good source is here.

Just my .02 - given the 9+ years I've been involved/exposed to the piercing scene.

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

Sorry Paige, but any piercer worth his certificate/license doesn't need clamps to get the needle through, and be straight about it.

I completley disagree with you- my piercer uses clamps, and I wouldn't want it any other way. And if done correctly, there is no extra chance of infection from bacteria. Any clamp, needle, taper, etc... that a piercer uses should be clean, and sterilized. My piercer goes as far as to resterelize my jewlery before I put it in any part of my body.
He's been poercing for well over 10 years, and he's the best piercer I know.

Just my 2 cents.

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

Yeah, i like my piercer. I'm so flinchy if there wasn't a clamp on my tongue, i prolly would've tried to pull it back in my mouth and fucked the whole thing up.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Well, this guy did a damned good job. cuz it ***knock on wood*** doesn't hurt at all... no swelling.... just like I've had it all along. when you guys talk "clamps"... are you talking the tong things they use to grab your tongue and hold it out?? or something else?

That's not the only reason to use them. I get your point though and did it myself without them. I'm simply stating that the majority of piercers you meet should use them if they don't.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Well, this guy did a damned good job. cuz it ***knock on wood*** doesn't hurt at all... no swelling.... just like I've had it all along. when you guys talk "clamps"... are you talking the tong things they use to grab your tongue and hold it out?? or something else?

Yes...that's what the clamp is.

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.