Deuce

Help a brother out with Dreamweaver MX 2004!

Step 1: Close Dreamweaver
Step 2: Open Notepad
Step 3: Make a quality website.

If that's not to your liking then try this other 3-step program

Step 1: Go to Barnes and Nobles with a notepad and a pen, sit down with all the books they have, flip through and take notes.
Step 2: ????
Step 3: Profit.

:D

Ok, seriously, fuck spending $50 a book, just go to a book store such as Barnes and Nobles with a notepad and pen, get all the books, take them to a table and flip through them. You'll find the one that is layed out and explains things like you need them explained. Take notes and save yourself the $50. You will probably end up spending $4 for some coffee though.:P

Or get some googling done, there are some bitching free tutorials out there if you look.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Or get some googling done, there are some bitching free tutorials out there if you look.

I'm using the DZ.com search engine of real people, many of whom I know ;).

I have a very basic website, but I hope to learn and improve it as I learn more about the program. Actually, I just came back from Barnes and Noble after looking at what they had, and thought I might get an opinion from somebody here who maybe had good or bad experience with some product.

I'll second that.

I learned javascript from one of the sams 24 books - it was a pretty easy read and I learned TONS!

Dreamweaver does a pretty good job with websites - you'll have more fun with it than trying to do it the old fashioned way.

Good luck! :)
Jen
Arianna Frances

Could somebody please recommend a good tutorial?

Thanks!

What's up Monkey!

Buy me a beer, and I'll come over to yo' casa and show you a couple of things, in a way that you can repeat it by yourself next time.. I'm just not staying as long as last time we worked on your site :S B|

You really should take the time to get in depth with HTML and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). There will be times when Dreamweaver/Frontpage ect. won't do exactly what you need, and you will have to hand edit it anyhow.

Then when you get good at that, look into PHP and mysql, that will keep you busy for a while. ;):P

------
-Nick

Well I'm not sure how much experience with HTML, but for now I will assume little.

You can start off by heading over to Wikipedia searching "HTML" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML That will give you all the information about HTML's background, and has a lot of very good resources for people that want to learn. Read all you can, and learn to do it without Web development tools, I usually create stuff with notepad for html, or a more advanced text editor for PHP and MYSQL code.

When you feel that you have reached the limit of HTML, use the same site and look up PHP. Wikipedia has a lot of information for ya.

------
-Nick

I lI learned everything I know about dreamweaver from this book

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0201844451/qid=1116985315/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/002-1049564-9449620?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Its actually not that expensive either.

From there I was able to learn a ton about HTML and CSS just by using the Dreamweaver text editor.

Even being proficient in html I think Dreamweaver is a great tool.

neilp

I learned most of what I know abotu dream weaver by playing aroudn with it and then following the tutuorials. F1 will take you there and has information on about anything you'd like. If it's not in the tutorials, do a search and it'll be there too. Most of what I learned came from exactly that, finding something on someone elses site and then looking it up and following their code to get what I needed done and understood.

If you need some help with something let me know and I can assist you
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

JP,,Love ya Bro,,bought your last two DVD's...but that smile,,geezz it looks like ya just bit a nail in half,,too intense.Adjust that smile to a " just got a BJ and man this drink is good with a cigar" type smile.And where is the wife? Good luck to you.
smile, be nice, enjoy life
FB # - 1083

You really should take the time to get in depth with HTML and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). There will be times when Dreamweaver/Frontpage ect. won't do exactly what you need, and you will have to hand edit it anyhow.

Nick, you know whats funny? I've been saying that exact same thing over and over and over and over again on DZ.com for atleast the past 4 years. No one ever listens to me. I tell them to learn HTML and CSS and Jscript and then some ASP, but learn it right so they can do it by hand. Every site I've ever done, I've done by hand, although the last full production site was one I did nearly 2 years ago and had to do it in under 5 days to meet a company's production deadline (their first webmaster walked out at the end, leaving them nothing to show).

HAHA, did you charge them a Prioity Time Fee or something to that effect?

Yep, I started off learning everything from scratch when I was just a wee child. Its good to know, generally the code produced by Web tool is most of the time sloppy and not technically correct.

oh and javascript and asp are evil:D , learn php and mysql. Its suprising how much people will pay for a custom database and custom coding in PHP. ;)

Cause not many people know how to truely do it.

------
-Nick

HAHA, did you charge them a Prioity Time Fee or something to that effect?

Yup, I effectively increased my rate by a 1/3. Not a bad deal, I wasn't in school that semester and so I basically didn't sleep for 3 days and cranked out their site for them.:)