lightningbugirl

erase a relationship

Wouldn't it be great if like the Jim Cary movie we could just erase certain parts of our life and make them go away? I would totally erase some relationships and even experiences. Think of how at peace and 'unf@%&ed" up we would be if we could do that. So much more trusting and fun and light. B|

In the movie, Jim erased every memery he had of that chick including the good ones. Theres always something you'll gain from any kind of experience. Its what builds your personality and makes you stronger. Surely not everything from your relationship must of been bad. Wouldn't you what to keep at least some of the better times or memories?

If given the choice I wouldn't do it. As far as my relationships go, each one has taught me something about me and what it is I want. Some have been good and some I now refer to as "the incidents". It sucks to get hurt, but I got through it a stronger and better person than I was before.:)
As far as my experiences in life, they have made me who I am today. The good and the bad ones. I'm a pretty awesome person and it's due in part to what I have experienced. I live my life with no regrets.:)
"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."

It's hard to say. My one marriage was a complete disaster. As a by-product though.......my life has taken some turns that would NEVER have happened without all the bad shit. As great as things are going for me at the moment........I'd have to say it's all turned out OK. :S

Yes & No, if I erased some parts, I would loose a valuable life lesson and perhaps one day go thru something else that was similar to what was erased.

But if I could retain the knowledge of te life lesson, and earse the hurt and bad memories, then absoultely....

DING...DING...DING...That is correct! Somebody tell the woman what she's won.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

Wouldn't it be great if like the Jim Cary movie we could just erase certain parts of our life and make them go away? I would totally erase some relationships and even experiences. Think of how at peace and 'unf@%&ed" up we would be if we could do that. So much more trusting and fun and light. B|

Did you watch that movie carefully? In the end he realized what a mistake he made by trying to erase the relationship.

Personally, I have hurt men and I have been hurt by them. That is life. Relationships, for me, are one hell of a ride. I'll keep all the memories I have of past relationships because they help me with future relationships.

I have learned that it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. I learned that the hard way but it is a lesson I hope I never forget.

Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity!
~DEVIOUS BEEF~~FGF #69~

I have no regrets and wouldn't want to change any of the good or bad experiences. I still smile and laugh when I think about all the good times. I always try to remind myself of all that I have learned from the bad.:)

I haven't always made the best choices in life and in relationships in the past, but I've learned from every event - good, bad, and ugly. I wouldn't change that for anything, because I really feel that it makes me stronger, better able to handle adversity, and better equipped to make good choices in the future. Whether I'm learning from something I've said or done or from something that's been done or said to me, I think there is always a lesson to be taken away from it...even if it's just to recognize my inner strength.

I think it makes me a better, wiser person able to love myself and someone else more openly and without reservation or selfishness. And, that makes me a better friend and better partner. My goal is to keep moving forward and to be the best person I can be today, tomorrow, and in the future.

If I had a choice to erase, I wouldn't take it.
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

Yup. I'd rather have a heart with some scars than never have loved.

It's better to have loved and lost than to have lived with that psycho asshole forever!!
For my part, I know nothing with any certainty,
But the sight of the stars makes me dream.
-Vincent Van Gogh

Reminds me of a Kenny Chesney song that has made me apply a large portion of thinking and meditation to this very thing -

The applicable lyrics -
"...all I want right now is to forget
every single thing I regert,
and drown out these embers,
but I remember...."

I sympathize with you - there are things I don't want to remember - things I wish I could erase. But if we erase those memories, what's to stop us from making the same mistake again? Those who don't learn from their failures are doomed to repeat them. I think the price we pay by remembering is paid back by keeping us from making the same mistakes again.

I've decided not to waste my payment and to drive on. Once you learn how the river flows - you can navigate it and enjoy the ride so much better.
Scars remind us that the past is real

I've had some relationships that I've looked back on and asked myself "WTF was I thinking?!" However, each one of those relationships was a learning experience for me, helping me understand what I wanted out of a relationship and what I didn't want.

We wouldn't be "at peace" if we could erase some events in our life. We'd never learn anything if we got rid of unpleasantness and pain. If we couldn't remember making mistakes, we'd just make them all over again.

This is a toughie. Relationships and the past make you the person that you are today. I think I would like to be able to fast forward through the pain after a relationship. I say sometimes that I wish this didn't happen or that didn't happen, but it's mainly because the pain is still a very poignant, very REAL feeling.

I met a lot of folks in my life. Some good... some not so good. I've had relationships that were good and some went sour. From everyone I've ever met, I learned something. I believe, all those things helped to form me and my personality. I've learned to separate grain from chaf. Over the years, those things that I didn't like or caused me dis-comfort, have just become a blurr in my memory. Seems as though, all the good has stayed in the fore-front. We can't live in a bubble and experience life. You gotta take the good with the bad. You have to learn how to deal with it all. I don't believe, anything I've experienced, would I want erased. Things happen to us for a reason. The meaning of life, is just one thing.

Chuck

Chuck