Buried

What Tent?

I find North Face (and Mountain Hardware, and Patagonia) products to be really overpriced. They are nice, but expensive.

agreed. I'm certain north face makes great winter/snow tents, but that isn't what i want. Looking at coleman or eureka tents atm

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

Be rude not to at $261,000 i think i will have 2. The lottery awaits. That will be first on the list. 2nd will be another one for my packers:D

My first choice after the lotto will be a plane that is big enough the sleep in.I figuge a Casahas about the same space as the camper:)

I think you need to go take a nap. :D

And after looking at the tents, the second one's taller. I think taller is better. :D Then you don't have to bend over while you're in there.

Also if it is sufficiently tall it opens up several otherwise awkward or unobtainable sex positions.

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

And after looking at the tents, the second one's taller. I think taller is better. :D Then you don't have to bend over while you're in there.

Funny...I was under the impression that having to duck under things wasn't a problem you ever encounter. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

was it one of those timber creek ones? I know nothing about that name and quality. same with WeatherRite or wenzel. I'd assume the columbia tents would hold up well.

Looks up the prices for the eureka tents I could use.. the blue mesa one is 300$ on amazon - ~240 after the 60$. ~150 for the smaller one. I could get a coleman tent for free- 60$ with the 60$ off.
:S

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

I have this one. It's a monster, but easy to set up and tear down. I call it my Taj Mahal. It has a screen room big enough for an ice chest and a couple chairs, plus shoe storage "pockets" so you don't have to track mud/dirt inside. Inside, it's plenty tall enough for most people to stand up in. Also, two interior walls can be hung if for some reason privacy was desirable. :S Doors on every side, "skylights", etc... It's sweet for boogies etc. Wouldn't want to hike with it though...it's freaking heavy and has a pretty big footprint. All in all I'm really happy with mine.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

We like the REI tents we have their half dome from a few years ago for backpacking and camping, but we just bought the 4-season mountain GEO because you can't fit 2 dogs in the half dome and with the prey drive of our new one putting one out in the vestiblue is not a good idea.
Fly it like you stole it!

Depends what you want your tent for. Mine's just for weekends at the dropzone during the skydiving season, so I've gone for convenience over durability. The poles stay attached to the fabric and the whole thing's articulated kind of like an umbrella. So it's quick and easy to put up late at night after beer...

Check out the tents at Campmor: http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=250&catalogId=40000000226&storeId=226

Personally, I recommend Eureka Tents. Being the largest tent manufacturer, you'll often find tents under other names were actually of Eureka design and/or manufacture. Equally important, you'll find Eureka tents have the better cost/performance ratio, are cheaper per cubic feet of space, and are lighter then their competitors $ for $.

You're always the starter in your own life!