cocheese

Dog left in car.Bastards.

88F and sunny.
Saw a black Cadillac with a little white dog inside gasping for air. All windows up. K-mart parking lot.
I got so Freakin HOT,i had to leave because i would have went to jail after what i would have done to the driver of the car. Left a short note and spit on their window.
I know i should have called the cops and waited, but if the owner returned before the police , i would have flipped and they would have taken ME to jail. Seriously.
Sorry. I'll try to be a better person next time.
Fuck that, I'll kick their ass next time.
Venting over.>:(:|

Option B- call the cops and leave. Or option C- walk into the store and report it. Or option D- both. Call the cops and let the store manager know. Instead, you vented your anger without doing anything to help the poor dog. [:/]

there IS a special place in hell

for those that abuse children and pets, dogs especially

indians say dogs can see your soul
I think they are correct
59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

If you break out the window (next time), let me know I will help with the bills.

Some stupid lady down here left here 11 year old daughter in the car (90 degrees and humid) who has cerebral palsy while she went shopping for hours! She said she was to heavy carry around. Bad thing is she only got a misdemener child abuse because the child was over 6.>:(

judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

If you got the license plate # send the info to PETA or some other insane animal rights group. They might irratate this assmunch enough that it never happens again.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

:) Go into the store, let them know that some asshole has a livng breathing creature dying in the car. Call the Cops. Stay and watch the aftermath. I personally knowing me would break the window and take the dog. They couldn't care much for the dog to leave them in that condition. The same for people that leave children, too. Their punishment should be the same as their crime. In this case an eye for an eye seems fitting. :( The lesson learned would be learned this way.
Sandy

If you got the license plate # send the info to PETA or some other insane animal rights group. They might irratate this assmunch enough that it never happens again.

Judy

thats just cruel Judy! PETA?! Hell why dont you just kill em and get it over with!!:D:D

But then again... thats the point. fuckers!

I used to leave my dog in my truck (yes in the cab) but I always left it running and the A/C on for her. Not many people got the nads to hop in a truck w/ an 80lb rottie sittin in the seat! :D
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I'm so sorry everyone . I now realize I'm as guilty as the asshole who did it. No excuses. Won't happen again i promise. Was only thinking about myself and going to jail. I know me.
Please don't do what i did. Break windows first, apologize later. Let the assholes call the police if they want. Seconds count. Peace.

Judy

thats just cruel Judy! PETA?! Hell why dont you just kill em and get it over with!!:D:D

But then again... thats the point. fuckers!

I used to leave my dog in my truck (yes in the cab) but I always left it running and the A/C on for her. Not many people got the nads to hop in a truck w/ an 80lb rottie sittin in the seat! :D

Oh that's just great. One day we're going to see some fucking rottie driving around in your truck smokin a bowl with the AC running and some goddamn hippie music playing too loud. :|

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

Not quite as bad as the 3 year old that was left in a van and died in that same 90 degree heat recently...that thread was in Speaker's Corner, and I sure wish to God I hadn't read it. :( What the fuck was I thinking? [:/] -Don't read it. My description here was horrid enough. :(
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I was dispatched to this sort of thing last summer. The owner of the car called in to report his dog stolen. I took the report, he claimed he ran inside to grab something quick and when he returned the doggy was gone. I couldn't help but notice the 10-15 bags of groceries in the back seat, so much for quick...huh.

Anyway, the next day a lady, sounded every bit of 90 years old called the department to explain that while at the grocery store the day before she saw a dog in a car on the verge of dying. She waited and waited for the owner but nobody came out. She then went and had the employees page the owner, still nobody came. She stated after an hour she felt she had no choice but to rescue the doggy so she opened the unlocked door and saved the poor little thing.
The funny thing...I couldn't remember if anyone called to report a "missing" dog from a car. Yall think those two incidents were related... :P

I live in Arizona, where it obviously gets very hot. I opened a car window with a brick last summer because a dog was inside the car. Unfortunately...it was my own car...my own dog...and in my own driveway because I locked my keys inside.

My pup is my best friend...couldn't leave her in there, not even for 5 minutes.

You could have walked into the KMart and asked the person at the service desk to page the owner of the vehicle. If I was working at the service desk (something I used to do once upon a time at a nother large retail store) and you had explained the situation to me, I would have made the page. If I mentioned the dog in my page, there would have been a store full of angry people waiting for the guy too!

You moral outrage is kind of pointless since you yourself did nothing to help. There were ways to help without resorting to violence or breaking the law.

You moral outrage is kind of pointless since you yourself did nothing to help. There were ways to help without resorting to violence or breaking the law.

Thats a good point....

Hey cocheese! Take that as good advise....
but...break out the window anyway just for shits and giggles...;)

Thats a good point....

Hey cocheese! Take that as good advise....
but...break out the window anyway just for shits and giggles...;)

yeah, but leve a note so they don't so they don't think you stole something .... it'd suck to have a charge of vandalism get bumped up to attempted robbery ...
This ad space for sale.

A few years ago I saw a dog closed up like that in a Mercedes in DC (NJ tags). I waved down one of the Park Police (on horseback), and she said that she'd make sure nobody saw who did it if a window got smashed. It did ("found" a big maglight somewhere, too!).

When the owners came back to find us letting the dog drink out of one of the reflecting pools in front of the Capitol Building. The lady cop said that the dog was running around free, and that I'd helped her catch it. THEN she said that it was a good thing that they hadn't left it so that it couldn't get out of their car on its own, because a citation for animal cruelty would have required them to make at least one expensive court trip back to DC.

Funny ... they never mentioned the broken window ... just got in and drove away.

I'm really sensitive to this because the baby sitter for good friends left their incredibly smart little Bedlington, and that dog's puppy, in a car. She swore that they were only in there for 15 minutes (may have been, but it was summer in NC), but when she came out, the puppy was already dead and the older dog was brain damaged and had to be put down. I'll risk a broken window charge, but will try to call a cop before I do it.

You could have walked into the KMart and asked the person at the service desk to page the owner of the vehicle. If I was working at the service desk (something I used to do once upon a time at a nother large retail store) and you had explained the situation to me, I would have made the page. If I mentioned the dog in my page, there would have been a store full of angry people waiting for the guy too!

THIS is a great idea! Too bad we get so pissed that we don't always think of those things in time.