Airhead

Would You Date Somebody MUCH Older/Younger?

Yeah ? ...I said that once and found out we had nothing in common, I was 29 she was 21. Ended in a really messy breakup, to the point where she checked in for therapy. I swore I'd never hurt someone like that again.
Now I'm 31 going through it all again, except shes 18 !:S
I haven't agreed to relationship (because of above) but she's drop dead gorgeous and has a really cute personality. I get on well with her folks and friends but I just know its not going to work. Do I just say sod it, go for it, you only live once and it might workout. [:/]

My mates all think I'm either nuts or gay for not taking the opportunity. :o

Why would age matter in the least? It had to have been something other than age that caused you two to veer off the course of love. ;) Many people though far apart in numbers are very close in spirit and heart. :)

Many people though far apart in numbers are very close in spirit and heart.

------------------------------------------------------------
Your talking idealism here, finding that soul mate etc. In my experience finding that person is becoming a myth, hence 31 and single. :(

Therefore as the ideal women, for me anyway, may not exist, I've started the 'give it ago' approach. But you're right, thats probably what killed the last relationship. [:/]

-------------------------------------------------
Please forgive the sp errors, I have dyslexia. Don't laugh ... the last time i went to a toga party, I went dressed as a goat !!

Never really paid much attention to age. I tend to stick to people around my age, but older men can be better >:(

At 18, my second and to this day most amazing lover I've known was more than 20 years my senior. We were exclusively involved for just short of two years.

A simply amazing man. I thought he was great at the time. Almost a decade and a half (and a few lovers :) later, I appreciate who he was and what he shared all the more.

It was my only relationship with a significantly older man, but ...WOW!

jen
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

Cheers Bryan, but your supposed to say it will all be fine, give it a go, who's the daddy etc.

Then when it goes wrong and it comes to breaking up I'll tell her ' Sorry baby but this dude on DZ.Com called Bryan, he said it would all work out ...SO BACK OFF BITCH AND GO STALK HIM !'

Get the idea..wanna try again ? ;)

Please forgive the sp errors, I have dyslexia. Don't laugh ... the last time i went to a toga party, I went dressed as a goat !!

HA

hey ive had my fair share of the CRAZY chicks
had this one girl follow me on my 4.5 hr drive to work once

always have your mace ready:D:D

I say give it a shot

whats the worse that could happen ???

Not only will you look better, feel better, and fuck better; you'll have significantly increased your life expectancy. --Douva

Many people though far apart in numbers are very close in spirit and heart.

------------------------------------------------------------
Your talking idealism here, finding that soul mate etc. In my experience finding that person is becoming a myth, hence 31 and single. :(

Therefore as the ideal women, for me anyway, may not exist, I've started the 'give it a go' approach. But you're right, thats probably what killed the last relationship. [:/]

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am far from an idealist. However, at 34 and definitely single, I refuse to give up hope. Maybe I am a romantic. I will just be me and if it happens it happens. Life does with us as it will anyways, we don't have any control over who loves us or when it will happen. We are only in control of whether we are worthy to be loved or not. :)

My husband is 17 years older than me. I was 36 and he was 53 when we married.
My sister on the other hand, dates guys younger than my daughter! Her most recent is 25. She is a year older than his mother~:S
For my part, I know nothing with any certainty,
But the sight of the stars makes me dream.
-Vincent Van Gogh

Funny you say that because I don't feel that at "30+" it's been an issue at all:ph34r:..."much older" probably not..."much younger"...absolutely!!!;) especially if they have their shit together and are mature for their age...mmmmm...eye candy:P Who needs batteries when you have the Energizer Bunny?:D

:D My age ranges has been -13 to +10 just because that's how it worked out. Last guy I dated was 23...I'm 36. He was definitely energizer bunny/eye candy. B|
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I just wrote pages in rely to this, but thankfully I lost my connection.:$
The jist was ...
Totally agree with you.
Life's pretty short.
Light relationship.
Never works.
The ONE.
I'm Buggard.
Keep the faith.
;)

Younger, yes. Older, no....any older than me and it would be necrophilia.:D

I have to take excception to the ladies who say they would date a much older guy. Just don't see it, just don't see it anywhere other than the rare occasion.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I have always dated men older than me. The oldest was probably my ex husband who was 38 when we met and I was 25. I think it all depends on the people involved and the maturity levels too. I have never dated a guy younger than me. My boyfriend now is a little over 2 years older than me. By far closer in age to me than anyone else since high school. I like our age difference, we have fun together and that is all that matters.
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

i LOVE older men!!!!:D:$

Oh, yeah!? That's interesting...

The mother of my twelve year old daughter is 30 days older than my oldest daughter.

My two grand children are 1.5 years older and 1.5 years younger than my twelve year old daughter.

You wouldn't be visiting New Jersey any time soon, would you? I'm a grandfather looking for a friend with benefits...
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper