VanillaSkyGirl

Missing the ones that you love

It's so difficult to not see, touch, speak with and have very limited and erratic written contact with someone who is both your best friend and lover. Sometimes, it gets so very lonely. It's hard to always be "strong". I think of how difficult it must be for him in Iraq.

Thankfully, the worst is over. He is not missing or completely out of contact. January seems like it was so long ago. August is just around the corner. It will be here sooner than I think. For that, I am grateful.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all who served or are serving. Your loved ones are so proud and miss you or have missed you more than you know. You are in our hearts always.

I can't imagine how tough it is for both parties in these situations. Yes, thank you to all those who serve. And their loved ones as well.
Your love seems "strong". That's all you need to survive til you meet again.:)Have a wonderful day Rosa.

thanks for your sacrifice Rosa. And tell him the same.

God bless you both. You both should be commended for your dedication to this country and the strength of your love.

Blue Skies and soft landings

"You did what?!?!"

MUFF #3722, TDSM #72, Orfun #26, Nachos Rodriguez

write him long letters telling how much you love him and want him well. do the perfume paper and lipstick seal trix. i know i would like that from a friend

Rat for Life - Fly till I die
When them stupid ass bitches ask why

Rosa...........bless you for being so strong. Apparently, not many women are able to wait. I certainly haven't had any luck with it. [:/] Thank you for doing what you do. Not much worse than being in a crappy place where people like to shoot at you and then you get to deal with your chick ditching you on top of it. It's no fun. B|

Having a strong relationship is important but it's good that you recognize that you don't have to be all the time at least;) That's why we're here, to support and help you through the tough times. It's not just our soldiers that are dealing with being in a unhappy place.

Thanks for the reminder to honor those who have served. I'm soooooooooooo glad you and your honey wil be back in action in Aug. I'll be thinking of you both in August for sure :)
This is just another reason I wanted to write on you this month, but I totally understand what you were saying. Gotta watch out for the crazies, I'm working on a new girl today. I hope girls will understand if it doesn't change right on the 1st of the month, although I will do my best :)
Keep on shining Rosa!!!!!!!
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

It's obvious that your love is true and strong to make it through these sort of times. You obviously understand quality vs quantity time. August is right around the corner and will be here before you know it. It'll be an awesome homecoming I'm sure:)

Ro, my sweet friend. I know this has been a tough few months. It will be over soon for now. I am sure that it is your love for each other that keeps him going every day. ((((((Hugs)))))

I have so many friends with hubbys and boyfriends over there. Pray for all our soldiers to come home safely. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

Pray for all our soldiers to come home safely. . .

Yes, I am hoping and praying for everyone. Thank you, Darcy.

To Clay ~
I'm so sorry that you had to go through that, Clay. You are a strong guy, who can handle yourself in any situation. Your strength is an admirable trait.

The heart can play dirty tricks on the mind. Sometimes, it's hard to keep things in perspective. There are time when my own heart and head want to explode. There is lack of sleep from worrying or too much sleep from trying to dream of him. Food doesn't taste the same. Laughter is not the same. Nothing is, and there is a sense of overwhelming lonliness. I'm only human, and my heart breaks every day.

Then, I think...HE and many others with him are doing so much and need the support. This is a small blip in the grand scheme of things.

I certainly support and sympathize with the men and women, who are serving overseas. The inner struggles that we, their loved ones, have while here in the US must be tenfold for all of you out there. The men and women serving overseas are the true heroes and the ones, who must be commended for their sacrifice.

Btw Clay, many of us are just so in awe of what you are doing. You still even make time to post whore, bless your little heart. I hope that you know that we all care a great deal about you.

Thanks for such a touching sentiment and reminder of the sacrifice being made both stateside and overseas. My dad used to be military and he was out on the ships for most of my life in the first several years. It was never easy, but it's what you do. Memories, phone calls, letters, and lots of love...it's not a substitute for having that someone there to hold, but like I said, it's what you do.

You are in my thoughts and I am wishing you peaceful thoughts, beautiful dreams, and a heartwarming reunion with your love.

And, on a personal note, thank you for helping me keep things in perspective.
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

Rosa...........bless you for being so strong. Apparently, not many women are able to wait. I certainly haven't had any luck with it. [:/] Thank you for doing what you do. Not much worse than being in a crappy place where people like to shoot at you and then you get to deal with your chick ditching you on top of it. It's no fun. B|

that happens way too often. kinda makes you laugh when MEN are called dogs huh?

it goes both ways. luckily I haven't been in that situation. every time I deployed or went on a remote I have been single. this is the only relationship that I will take with me if I gotta go again! and I don't fear anything happening adversely. thatsa a good feeling.

So Ro,
KUDOS to you! yes it is VERY HARD to be separated from loved ones but when its for this reason its even harder. stay strong for both of you because, wether he tells you or not, he needs you to be here for him when he gets back
My photos

My Videos

Hang in there. He knows how you feel about him. What is that old saying?

What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Btw Clay, many of us are just so in awe of what you are doing. You still even make time to post whore, bless your little heart. I hope that you know that we all care a great deal about you.

Thanks sweety. Yeah............you guys keep me company! ;) Thanks again for what you are doing. It's not an easy thing to put up with all that. Thanks for putting others ahead of yourself. Seems SOME people just aren't up for that and would rather think of themselves first. [:/]

I'm just gonna quickly call BS and leave this thread.

Let's see . . . 3 weeks together, or 5+ YEARS together before one person goes overseas. I'm sure that has nothing to do with it, though. :S

Now I'm not saying I'm not sorry that that happened to you . . . I'm just saying it's not right to call out a fellow dz.commer and basically bash them, based on comparing two totally different situations. [:/]

Oh wahhh............you aren't involved. Hush. :D

Seriously..............there are no hard feelings. It didn't work. That's no reason to hate someone. Big deal. What was said between us isn't anyone's business but ours. I'll keep it that way. ;) I'm don't mean to bash her. It's the general situation I was bashing. Not particularly mine. She's a wonderful chick and I'm sure we will be friends for MANY years to come. Hope she finds what TRUELY makes her happy since it didn't seem to be me. ;)

Now I'm not saying I'm not sorry that that happened to you

Awwww.................don't go all spiteful on me. :D

Getting back to the topic at hand. I want to thank anyone overseas right now. Especially those actually still serving in defense of their country and far away from those they care about. They are the ones who we are truly honoring here as well as the ones that support them over here. I have had many dear friends in the marines and other branches of the armed forces and sent many packages overseas and I know how rough it can be for both parties. This weekend is special for the USA and brings many strong feelings to surface. Let's honor both the service people and the people they leave home. :)Rosa, my heart goes out to you.

Okay, boys and girls, class over. :$ The teacher is still on vacation. ;)