ChasingBlueSky

Lost: The TV Show

Anyone else here watch this show?

If so, what are you ideas about this island? I just found out that Season One takes place during their first 40 days on the island, and that number is not an accident.

With the way Locke can walk, and all the other odd things, I think they are already dead. I am starting to think they are in pergatory. Thus making the show about lost souls.

How about you?

I tried to get into this show the first couple of weeks. I just couldn't get past the idea, that the plane goes down and all that survive are the "pretty people" that there was no one over 50 and they all had perfect skin, teeth and all were in awesome physical condition. Now they were mostly all mentaly fucked.. but that's pretty much par for the course when you're dealing with the "pretty people" Beauty is only skin deep after all.

Bah.. :S

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I love this show and look forward to viewing it every Wednesday. So they are all fucked up. Isn't everyone in some way?

and all that survive are the "pretty people" that there was no one over 50 and they all had perfect skin, teeth and all were in awesome physical condition.

It's true that there are a lot of "hot" people on the show. Remember, sex sells. So the network just happens to create the right Chemistry.

You have young hot women and men. 2 african-american people. A young kid. A pregnant woman. A heavy set guy. 2 oriental people. An older guy who was handicapped, but got healed when he was in the accident (doesn't this give handicapped people hope?).

But don't you think that Locke and the older black woman, Rose, who lost her husband is over 50? And she and Hurley wouldn't be considered in perfect condition.
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

With the way Locke can walk, and all the other odd things, I think they are already dead. I am starting to think they are in pergatory. Thus making the show about lost souls.

I watch it every week but I never thought of that. Wow...that's something to think about!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I watch it every week but I never thought of that. Wow...that's something to think about!

Well, knowing how much the creator of the show loves symbols, weaving sub-plots together and his flare to have an overall story arc/mythology....it was an easy theory to come up with.

Almost everyone on the show except Hurley and Rose have some sort of event or lifestyle that they are not proud of...most of the things would be considered sins. Rose introduced religion this week with helping Charlie forgive himself.

There is plenty of symbolism on that show, even in the names. Jack's last name is Shepard and then there is John Locke who is named after a philosopher...who talked about the blank slate which was the title of a previous episode "tabula rosa."

All of this makes me wonder how long this show can stay on the air. 1)The studio will want the continued success of the show. They originally tried to ruin the show and were not happy when it took off as well as it did. They will want more sex, violence etc. So far Abrahms has been good with the balance of that on Alias and throws Garner into something sexy every episode to keep the suits happy. It seems he is doing that with Kate as well. 2) How long can they run with this story? How many story ideas will they be able to do? Are they dead? Are they alive? Will it become the new Gilligans Island? How long will the island be a mystery?

Thinking the 'monster' is a wooly mammoth or something of that sort

eh, he said it wasn't a dinosaur (either Jack or Locke). And why was Locke able to get away from it? Looks like Claire gets to meet it next week.

Would a mammoth be that aggressive to eat a person??

I just hope it isn't something lame like in the langoliers.

wow, i never thought of them already being dead, could be.
But.....what about the cop that got sick and they had to kill him? how can you kill someone twice?
they also see other bodies.......but then again, jacks father was not in his coffin, so maybe he is walking around somewhere.
The girl who was pregnant got talked in to going to that island so the baby would not grow up to be trouble so maybe the tarot card reader saw she would die on that plane, but then why is that bloke taken her?
I never gave the show this much thou7ght but now am starting to wonder if it is more than meets the eye.
Great show but as i am in the uk i have to download my shows, other shows i enjoy are....medium, third watch, smallville.
I am going to do a search for some spoilers on this i think.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

!!!!! SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!
pass this post if you do not want the spoiler.

can someone make sense of this spoiler? read from bottom up......

1/03 - A strange unearthed discovery rattles Boone, whose dark past is revealed in a shocking backstory that recalls his life with Shannon and presages the return of the beast. Another revelation concerns soft-spoken Sun, who becomes a confidante of Kate. Source: TitanTV

12/28 - Guest starring are Kelly Rice as Nicole, Charles Mesure as Bryan and Adam Leadbeater as Malcolm. Source: ABC

12/16 - When Locke learns that Boone wants to tell their "secret" to Shannon, Shannon's life is placed in sudden peril, and the shocking truth about her past with Boone is revealed. Meanwhile, Kate is puzzled by Sun's mysterious behavior, and a hungry Hurley must repay a debt to Jin. Source: ABC

12/16 - In flashbacks, we see Sawyer get arrested. He and another survivor were in the same room together at one point before the crash. Hurley tries to fish. Sun and Kate have a chat and make a garden. Source: SpoilerFix.com

11/09 - In flashbacks, we will see a handsome and charming Aussie man named Bryan as well as an Australian police officer named Malcolm. Source: SpoilerFix.com

11/02 - Boone centric episode. Title comes from our source. Source: The Fuselage (Thanks Jenn for the tip.)

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Lost is one of my favorite shows on the tube. Never thought about them being dead but I have wondered how they could have survived a 30,000+ fall in an airliner with no tail;)

I jump over at Dillingham on Oahu. The Lost plane wreck is about a half mile west of the DZ/airport. If I see any of the "survivors", I'll tell them to go to the DZ and maybe catch the van to Honolulu!:D

Would a mammoth be that aggressive to eat a person

I didnt think it had eaten anyone. Maybe I missed a show or two. I remeber it killing the pilot. But not eating him.

Ill put $1 on the elephant (of some sort)theory

Could be - was talking to some friends tonight and they pointed out that the little kid was reading a comic book on the airplane that had a polar bear and some other animals on the cover. I didn't catch that, so who knows.

Or, they could all just be in their own personal hell just like in "No Exit"

Have you noticed that all seven deadly sins are present in the cast?

I did notice the seven. It also seems that Locke arrived at some sort of conclusion or state shortly after the crash and so the monster didnt kill him. Im starting to lean towards the dead idea. But, every theory I have seems to have holes. The older black woman is sure her husband is still alive. But hes not there. Then again, Jacks father isnt there and he was dead before the flight. Crap. Ill just watch for the cute chicks!!

any theories? what the hell? so the kid has super powers and claire has shown up and the black rock is the triangle that haunts people in their dreams? I am starting to think they all have some mystery power in life that will create the ultimate human being and they have all been bought to this island to start a new colony. Oh shit i dont know but what do you make of this last episode? i want to know if i am missing anything.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I should never have opened this thread but once i started reading i couldn't stop!

The show starts here in SA next week [:/]

At least i skipped Big Way's spoiler post and now know it's worth watching!

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Well there I was all prepared yesterday for a 2 hr long episode of Lost.
It was the finale episode of season 1.

Had my dinner on my lap, beer on the table, doobie rolled for desert and "ping".............................................................................................................

A BLACKOUT>:(

Finished my dinner, beer and desert and waited and waited and waited.

I watched the clock 1 hr had passed.
As you would expect I was getting very agitated by this point.

Finally the lights came back on. The tv turned on automatically and there it was.
Jack And Locke looking down the shaft into the darkness.

WTF happened?

Can someone tell me please.
After 13 odd weeks of religiously watching something I get fucked over .

Damn you power company.:S

www.myspace.com/durtymac