freeflir29

London people

Well...............I can take solice in the fact that I will be in a truck tomorrow............and the only hiding I will be doing is behind the sites of my M-4 or SAW. Bring it on bitches! ;)

Damn............Remi is going to be mad at my posts. Sorry...........but there was a party tonight. I've had LOTS of Coronas! :D Don't change shit though. ;)

I work at an establishment for military higher education, we have British and foreign forces here.

I've just gone past a group of students and heard an American (maybe he was Canadian, I can't tell) officer say 'Now the Brits know how it feels'. Unbelievable.
Next Mood Swing: 6 minutes

even educated people can be fucking stupid at times.

are you sure he actually siad that? ( i mean DAMN. pretty dumb way to think)

although when america was hit, I heard ALOT of people saying those types of things.[:/]
My photos

My Videos

even educated people can be fucking stupid at times.

are you sure he actually siad that? ( i mean DAMN. pretty dumb way to think)

although when america was hit, I heard ALOT of people saying those types of things.[:/]

Yeah, I hear you, I doubted myself at first. Its just so unbelievable. But I'm sure I did, after all its the last thing I'd expect to hear.

And yes, I heard those things too after 9-11. Just bloody upsetting all round, as if it made any difference.

Um, I'm ashamed to say I didn't. I guess I was either too shocked, couldn't believe what I'd heard or just too taken up with the whole thing. Maybe all three.

Another thing, I feel really guilty about feeling bad. I haven't been directly affected. I'm ok.

<>

I'm not so sure about that....

There's been terrorist attacks in many countries for a long time (U.K IRA et al.., Spain ETA, germany - Red Army Faction et al.....mumble ... mumble (shame I cann't name others but you get the point... etc..)... and these didn't appear to affect others, so why now, what's changed?

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

sorry it wasn't my intention to get contentious ... just could see how this series of nasties affected everyone, whilst previous ones hadn't ...... I'll get my coat.

Have a good weekend peeps. I'm off on my hols for 2 weeks - CYA.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I was just reading about how the Brits are picking themselves up, brushing off, helping each other, smiling and offering directions, and going about their normal lives. :)
Yeah!!! You guys rock! I think that 'London is burning in fear' statement was a whole lot of wishful thinking on the part of the perps.

Hang in there, mates. You've survived worse. Show those bastards who they're dealing with. >:(

(And what the hell was that idiot talking about "now the brits know?" They knew way before we did what it feels like to get bombed on your own soil) :S

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

I think that 'London is burning in fear' statement was a whole lot of wishful thinking on the part of the perps.

Definitely the case; some concern obviously, but certainly not fear.... Things are pretty much normal in central London today - a lot of people didn't come to work today, but I think that was mostly due to the travel issues.

We all pretty much knew it was coming; and we've been through similar before.
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

yes I agree, it was pretty quiet on the tube on the way in, but otherwise service is as normal.

I think its something you accept about working in London really, you know you are a target as its a large well known city, the benefits of working here IMHO outweigh the risks.

Its very sad all that happened, and the loss of life is horrific as it always is, but in some ways I think we were extremely lucky to get away with just 40 odd fatalities, considering how congested the tubes and trains normally are.

anyhow, lets hope this is the last of it.

~~~ London Skydivers ~~~

I work at an establishment for military higher education, we have British and foreign forces here.

I've just gone past a group of students and heard an American (maybe he was Canadian, I can't tell) officer say 'Now the Brits know how it feels'. Unbelievable.

I think the ignorance of that statement has more to do with the established history of the British being terrorized by the IRA and then the asshats from Libya who blew up that 747.

Here in the US the coverage of our citizens over there being interviewed made me really proud of my British friends and their casual bravery.

Lot's of Americans were quoted as saying "everybody was very calm and organized. Everybody, regular Londoners, not just the cops. Everybody seemed to know to move away from the blast and people were talking about getting clear of 'secondary explosions'" (a particularly heinous practice the IRA was big on, whereby the first explosion attracts a crowd and then a second blast takes out the cops, paramedics, firefighters, and spectators.

Please consider that "knowing what something is like" by having experienced it, is often not condescending.

I was on the front lines of the Oakland Hills firestorm and I pulled bodies out of the collapsed Cypres structure after the Loma Prieta earthquake here in San Francisco. I spent a lot of my law enforcement career working for the Bay Area Rapid Transit District, so I know a little about evacuating people from underground tunnels when stuff is on fire.

I even took a couple of british cops through a portion of the trans-bay tube where we discussed how much havoc an asshat with a bomb could cause, being that most of the downtown San Francisco train stations are below the water table.

And now, many years later, it has happened. I'm off the job now, but if it were to happen to us, and I was tipping a beer with that old friend, he would tip his glass to me and say "see what I mean?" and I'd say "No shit. That was something you had to live through to understand"

So, combat and disaster really can't be learned except through experience, and no disrespect or dishonor is often meant by an expression that we share an experience that really cannot be described except by experiencing it.

Perhaps if the offending party had said, "Shame, now they know what it's like to be attacked by Al Quaida" it might have been better.

But again, every tourist over there who was interviewed was simply awed by how calm and prepared everybody was, and how polite the cops were, which embarassed me a little. I suppose out own citizens expect the cops to be rude.

Here's a picture of the hat the transport cop sent me after I showed him the underside of San Francisco. I don't recall his name right now, but I hope he's OK. And the rest of you.

> . . . and heard an American (maybe he was Canadian, I can't tell)
>officer say 'Now the Brits know how it feels'. Unbelievable.

There's a lot of that going around. From Fox anchor Brian Kilmeade:

"And that was the first time since 9-11 when they should know, and they do know now, that terrorism should be Number 1. But it's important for them all to be together. I think that works to our advantage, in the Western world's advantage, for people to experience something like this together, just 500 miles from where the attacks have happened."

Yeah, we're much better off now. They didn't know what terrorism was before this.