riddler

Harry Potter title released

Not sure if it's been posted but last week, JKR released the title of the new Harry Potter book - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. No word on when it's going to be released. She has said that the HBP is not Harry or Voldemort. Anyone want to guess? I have my guess, but I'm interested in other people's theories.

<- Yes, this is the pic of a Harry Potter geek.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

If it wasnt a prince I would say it's Hermione, since she's a muggle, but I think i would guess its Malfoy. Theres too many secrets with the dark wizard in that family.

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

If we take the title literally to mean there is a wizard prince that is a half-blood, then I don't think it's going to be any of the characters we already know. Virtually everyone in the wizarding world seems to know who is who (with the obvious exception of Harry -- he's never heard of anybody until Ron or Hermione tell him about them) and for one of them to be royalty without the readers knowing it at this point would just be . . . I dunno . . . cheating.

I have to believe that JKR is more creative than that anyway.

Until the book actually comes out we could probably guess about everyone with the exception of the folks over in Slytherin as clearly only pure bloods would be allowed in there. Then again, it would be an interesting twist to find out that Draco's "real" mother was a muggle.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

wizard prince that is a half-blood,

I don't think it means necessarily that it's a wizard prince, just a prince. Hermione is probably out because she would be a princess. But you are right - we can only guess for now.

I think it is probably someone we know, because JKR has stated that she almost used the same title for the second book, Chamber of Secrets. So it probably is someone that is at least in the second book.

Personally, I think it's Hagrid. We already know that he's half-giant, so he could be half-blood royalty of either the human or giant race. The second book is a clue, and it has a strong tie-in with Hagrid because COS revealed how Tom Riddle got Hagrid expelled from Hogwarts.

Neville was my original guess, but he didn't play a strong role in the second book, and his only defining moment so far has been when he tried to stop Harry, Hermione and Ron form going out in the first book, which earned enough points to win the house cup for Gryffindor. IIRC, it has been revealed that his parents were killed by Voldemort for not siding with the Death-Eaters, so I think he'll play an important part in the end.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

My guess is Malfoy. It could create quite the scandal, since his father was just taken to Azkaban.

When did that happen?

I must have missed something.

Voldee, though is a half blood.

Question is - does he have a brother?

I am tempted to agree on the Hagrid thing, it does make themost sense.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

hmmmm.. well if Harrys mom was a witch
then wouldn't that make Her sister Petunia a witch??
.... We KNOW that Vernon Dursley is as Muggle as they come, ..... so is it tooooo far out the the realm of possibilities to think that maybe ....
Dudley Dursley is the half prince??? hahahahaha
"Prince Dudders" :o :S B| :)when i guess..... i REALLY guess.....;)

I thought the new title was "Harry Potter - Hermoine gets hot"

You are so behnd the times - the new title is "Hermoine does Hogwarts"
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

And JKR is pregnant again...we'll get to read this book when its released...in 6 years!

I want this book out now! I wanted it out right after I finished the 5th book.:P

Oh and I think that the prince will be a new character.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

That will become after or before "Hermoine, the prisoner of Asskaban"?

That will become after or before "Hermoine, the prisoner of Asskaban"?

Right - and then the sequel to that - Hermoine Electric Wand

Jason, is that you?

Yes, it's me, and I know, it's disappointing that I haven't seen it yet. Hey, my gf doesn't really dig fantasy (stories not roleplaying you sick bastards ;)) and how many other people do I know that would go see it with me? :D Looks like I'll be waiting for the rental to come out. B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Go see it by yourself right now at the cheap theatre. That will be cheaper than the rental, and you don't need to wait.

I'd love to.......if I lived within an hour of a cheap seat theatre. B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

My guess is Malfoy. It could create quite the scandal, since his father was just taken to Azkaban.

When did that happen?

I must have missed something.

Well???