Amazon

Lost Prairie is coming

3500 ft at the cow pie, err... landing area, and 95 - 100 deg every day, with serious wind gusts.

Well ya see.. since the jumping day starts at 9 am and the sunset load is not till 9:30.. that makes for long days...

Last summer it was not as hot.. 80's low 90's.. low humidity... and when the noonish... 1 pm time rolls around and I see the winds and dust devils spinning up.. its LAKE time.. I KNOW when its time to stay on the ground.... and go play in the water... not like the lake is all that safe.... you can do some sketchy shit off the rope swing too:)

yeah... a dude was doing some very sketchy stuff off the rope that week. he was completely drunk, broke his leg in a few places (i think i saw the bone sticking out), and refused to go to the hospital. ummm, beevis, you can't walk!

i hope my post didn't sound negative. i am serious about it being the best boogie i've been to. what a great place!

hI zON,
Gotta check with my Lost Prairie buddy, Chandler? If he's going and Ihave the $$ and can snivvle the time off the job, I'll be there. It wil probably be a last minute call but who knows?? I still watch the tape of the 25thanniversary boggie and sit there spellbound!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

I'll buy you a Lang.

Definitely need to make more jumps together.

About the Demo's, I'll know better after I've talked to Fred. Hopefully the politics are over. Might be a demo the the first Sunday if it coincides with the Lang Stockholder's meeting.

Should be at least one more on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Aircraft owners are concerned about loss of jumpers when the Demo happens or the Meadow Peak trip drags $ away.

let ya know when I know.

madjohn

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

Mad John - enjoyed jumping with you at Byron and hope to do it again at Prairie.

Dave C. says hi and even made some noises about making it up to LP this year.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

for those who have never been, LP is probably the most beautiful DZ you could jump at. the peeps are very friendly, the visitors extremely bazaar, and you couldn't go to a better boogie.

Haha you are going to get in trouble with livendive.

You are supposed to try to talk people out of going by telling em' all about the warm canadians and too much beer. Frickin amateurs. Sheesh!!!!

bring your BIG canopy, though...

Yeah that's one way to go, however having just downsized my canopy I think I'm going to try to downsize my beer gut. My goal is 20 lbs before LP.

Also be warned. I just got a new RW suit with more drag for the almost sober loads. I will not be taking any more shit from jdobleman a.k.a. Mad John for going low this year. How does this affect you. More drag = bigger burble. The gravity well just keeps expanding.

OK I found them in the pub

15-way (2 pts): Perris Valley Skydiving - 25 May 2003

10-way (2 pts): Perris Valley Skydiving - 2 March 2002

8-way: Spaceland - Nov 2001

5-way: Deland - Aug 2001

4-way: Texel - Jul 2001

Hmm looks like it's time to start up some propper DZ.com records.

Those are not the accurate records. The record was a multi-plane, multi-point formation at Z-hills this past Christmas holiday. Oren Kalb organized. There was an "almost as large" formation at Eloy that same time frame unless I am mistaken.

Amazon
benforde
ChaosKitty (maybe)
Frenchy (maybe)
Gia
Girlfalldown (maybe)
IanHarrop
JasonRose
Karenmeal (w/ Jeff)
Livendive
Mcneill79 (maybe)
NWFlyer
SeaKev
Shell
TallGuy
vdschoor
Pacncathy
Pacncathyjr
and about 25 other skydivers I keep in touch with just not on DZ

Amazon
benforde
ChaosKitty (maybe)
Frenchy (maybe)
Gia
Girlfalldown (maybe)
IanHarrop
JasonRose
jdobleman
Karenmeal (w/ Jeff)
Livendive
Mcneill79 (maybe)
NWFlyer
SeaKev
Shell
TallGuy
vdschoor
Pacncathy
Pacncathyjr

Figured it was about time to add madjohn to the list, since he didn't do so himself. ;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Amazon
benforde
ChaosKitty (maybe)
Frenchy (maybe)
Gia
Girlfalldown (maybe)
IanHarrop
JasonRose
jdobleman
Karenmeal (w/ Jeff)
Kid Icarus
Livendive
Mcneill79 (maybe)
NWFlyer
SeaKev
Shell
TallGuy
vdschoor
Pacncathy
Pacncathyjr

Those are not the accurate records. The record was a multi-plane, multi-point formation at Z-hills this past Christmas holiday. Oren Kalb organized. There was an "almost as large" formation at Eloy that same time frame unless I am mistaken.

Yeah yeah, blah blah blah yackety smackety
What I really want is some input on how to judge hybrids. At this point I'm about ready to post my draft as a poll in the General Skydiving section. But I was really hoping to get some input first. When I start touting the draft as being the DZ.com end all be all for judging hyrbid record attempts I don't have want to have people call "bull shit!" and be the only one taking heat for it and defending it.

Ok, I guess I'll go this year. I'm not quite sure I've had enough fun the last few years, so I'll try again.

Also, the USPA BOD has created a committee to monitor the quality and volume of beer consumed at skydiving events around the country. As a charter member of the ABQA (Adult Beverage Quality Assurance) committee, it will be my official duty to verify taste and quantity metrics each evening.

Key question: Will the mandarin hefe make an appearance this year???

--Q

Amazon
benforde
ChaosKitty (maybe)
Frenchy (maybe)
Gia
Girlfalldown (maybe)
IanHarrop
JasonRose
jdobleman
Karenmeal (w/ Jeff)
Kid Icarus
Livendive
Mcneill79 (maybe)
NWFlyer
SeaKev
Shell
TallGuy
vdschoor
Pacncathy
Pacncathyjr
CCQ

-----
Chris "Q" Quaintance
ccqquaintance.com
D-23345

Ok, I guess I'll go this year.

Oh great!

Lock up your women everyone!!!

I didn't know you were into that kind of stuff, Kevin. Note to self: pack handcuffs. >:(
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Well if all works out as planned I should be on my road trip by then, which means I will be in Alberta and might just be able to go back once again. I went 2002 and had a blast! That was my first boogie I went to and it definitely lived up to it's reputation!! Hope to bump in to some old faces I met there again and if not, I would still like to meet the new;)
Oh by the way... love little CANADA B|

Blue Skies and Terminal Memories 4 Life

Last summer it was not as hot.. 80's low 90's.. low humidity... and when the noonish... 1 pm time rolls around and I see the winds and dust devils spinning up.. its LAKE time.. I KNOW when its time to stay on the ground.... and go play in the water... not like the lake is all that safe.... you can do some sketchy shit off the rope swing too:)

Ahh ... lake time ... I'm thinking of getting this little toy for the lake this year. Now Errol seems to think that:

a - the wake behind it is fake
b - it's doubtful I could get it to do 2 inches a second
c - it wouldn't hold my fat butt
d - the distance the watergun shoots is probably fake too

I dunno ... I think I'll get one and try it out in my hot tub. Even if I can't get the thing to go the advertised 2 feet per second, if the water gun shoots anywhere near the 20' they say it will, it would be worth the $50 Cdn (about $0.33 Amereekan).

;)

'Shell
'Shell

Walmart has it for $40.00. Just an fyi.

Edited to add: You could always take it out of the plane if it doesn't work out! ;)

That would be 40 Amereekan dollars so my 49.97 Canuck bucks would make it cheaper in my little world! Plus I'm sure the Canadian version goes faster given it's in kph and not mph. :P

'Shell
'Shell

Edited to add: You could always take it out of the plane if it doesn't work out! ;)

That would be 40 Amereekan dollars so my 49.97 Canuck bucks would make it cheaper in my little world! Plus I'm sure the Canadian version goes faster given it's in kph and not mph. :P

'Shell

I didn't think to see where you lived. Sorry, just trying to be helpful.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

'Shell

I didn't think to see where you lived. Sorry, just trying to be helpful.

NO problem. If you're in LP, I might let you try it out. ;)

'Shell
'Shell