RkyMtnHigh

Secret to my Success

These are my Basic Beliefs in my Career:

The customer's needs are critical.
Anything can be improved.
Quality is everyone's job.
Involve the people who know the job best.
People want, need, and deserve Respect.
Teamwork really does work.
There is a value in differences. Others perspectives may actually help you.
Supporting others contributes to success.
Trust begins with you.
You are responsible for your own success.

Those are wonderful, Rky girl. I share the same beliefs and support your viewpoints! :D

:)

This philosophy has worked very well for me for the past 10 yrs. I only had one "rocky" year during my transition, but I'm back on track and rockin and rollin:)

lol, you'll have to leave that all behind if you want to make any real money though... :P
if you have ethics, you'll never be rich

Rky is rich with knowledge and love. Wisdom and passion.
Friends and skydiving family.
She will never be poor because she knows what kind of rich to be.

I like your list. I especially like "Anything can be improved" and "Others perspectives may actually help you"

Here are the secrets to my successes:

1) Be self-aware enough to know your faults and weaknesses;
2) Be humble enough to admit your faults and weaknesses;
3) Surround yourself with people whose strengths are your faults and weaknesses;
4) Surround yourself with people smarter than you - even when I'm in charge I want my subordinates to teach me as much, if not more, that I teach them;
5) Learn from #3 and #4;
6) There is no such thing as a "failure" - only a "learning event"
7) Get suggestions from others on how to improve on those things that need improvement;
8) Work hard to improve those things that need improving;
9) Work _harder_ to maintain doing those things you do well;
10) Take all blame for "learning events";
11) Pass credit for successes to others;
12) Recognize that no plan survives first contact;
13) Be thoroughly prepared for a change in plans; and
14) Maintain your inner child, for children fluorish in chaos.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

RkyMtnHigh and friends, you into NLP? You're the most positive people in history :)

I make up nice rules for ways to live my life/my career all the time; the biggest frustration is that it's SO difficult to stick to them. I tend to procrastinate a lot but i'm trying to stop. I'll stop tomorrow. ;)

After reading his autobiography, i tried sticking to Benjamin Franklin's 13 rules for a while (apart from the religious ones) but failed after like 13 hours or something. Apparently he was a stickler for his own moral code, and he made it work for him.

Your beliefs are sound and good, Rky; If you can stick to them, you're on the road to righteousness.
I gotta respect ANYONE who follows roads they believe improve their humanity, be it Rky, lawrocket, cocheese, vanillaskygirl, anyone... do your thing and do it right.

peace,
tim

p.s. lawrocket, you gotta take at least some credit for your successes, surely that's allowed?

lol, you'll have to leave that all behind if you want to make any real money though... :P

if you have ethics, you'll never be rich

I know you meant it as a joke. But I found that in real life, the very succesful are allmost all very ethical and especially very attentive to the needs of others. They normally build the best possible team of people around them and that's only possible if you practise great people skills. So I believe being nice really helps.

And now F.. Off everybody. (oops that's not nice) ;)

Nice to meet you toot!

Are you being sarcastic?

:PNot really, I've just been a government employee for too f-ing long. It's really frustrating to work with many exemplary examples of non caring bureaucratic jerks. I can't believe how many of my coworkers don't care about the quality of work they do. [:/]

I forgot to put on my list that being passionate about what I do, believing in my product and being enthusiastic works as well:)
In fact, I got a new customer last week and they are doing four cases tomorrow morning using my product exclusively!